You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (N) - Community Shield, Sat 30th Jul 2022 (5:00pm)

Trumo

7 minutes ago, Mook said:

I think the pertinent question is why are people singing about a sky fairy saving a millionaire who uses tax payers money to pay off her Son's alleged rape victim before a game of Football?

"Long to reign over us" - because my most fervent prayer is that I and everyone else in the country remain in subjugation.

11 minutes ago, Mook said:

I think the pertinent question is why are people singing about a sky fairy saving a millionaire who uses tax payers money to pay off her Son's alleged rape victim before a game of Football?

Hey, Marshal Wade, there's a rebellious Scot over here that you need to crush!

It’s ironic that the very people who have spent over 40 years (and probably more) attacking scousers and Liverpool fans - and we are talking non-football fans, football fans, press and even governments (managed decline ring a bell) - are now complaining about a symptom of all that hate sent our way, and using it to launch further attacks. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Good Morning Britain ran a poll after the FA Cup Final asking whether Liverpool fans should be allowed to boo the National Anthem. About 75% said yes. 

If you pull your head out of the Daily Mail once in a while, you'll see that there are millions of people outside Liverpool who realise that they can't swallow all the shit that the Government and the right-wing establishment keep shovelling.

I had a quick look on blue moon after the game to laugh at their response to the game, havn't looked for years but fucking hell what the fuck are they on over there? They talk like ardent royalists, why? What the fuck has the Royal family ever done for the people of Manchester? Very strange.

4 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Good Morning Britain ran a poll after the FA Cup Final asking whether Liverpool fans should be allowed to boo the National Anthem. About 75% said yes. 

If you pull your head out of the Daily Mail once in a while, you'll see that there are millions of people outside Liverpool who realise that they can't swallow all the shit that the Government and the right-wing establishment keep shovelling.

Of course they should be allowed to. It's a free country. I didn't suggest that they shouldn't be. I think its moronic and hypocritical to castigate England fans for doing the same as well as being a generally gobshite thing to do.

And sing a different boring tune will you other than your constant bleating that everyone who disagrees with your world view must read the 'Daily Mail'. It makes you sound like a cock. 

It's rich for a leftie to accuse anyone who isn't a leftie of swallowing propaganda.

5 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Obviously booing your own national anthem is completely different to booing someone else's. 

Although, if you think the country is full of people who will hate all scousers and inevitably knock them about over football fans booing the anthem, then maybe that country deserves to have it's anthem booed.  

The National Anthem is someone else's - everyone else who is a citizen of the country. I'm sure there are many military veterans find your booing offensive.

I'm sure you're reasoning will be comforting on the black eyes or bloody noses that will inevitably happen. By morons, I grant you, but will still happen.

13 minutes ago, thechap said:

Of course they should be allowed to. It's a free country. I didn't suggest that they shouldn't be. I think its moronic and hypocritical to castigate England fans for doing the same as well as being a generally gobshite thing to do.

And sing a different boring tune will you other than your constant bleating that everyone who disagrees with your world view must read the 'Daily Mail'. It makes you sound like a cock. 

It's rich for a leftie to accuse anyone who isn't a leftie of swallowing propaganda.

Er, hello, hello. Here we go!

39 minutes ago, thechap said:

The National Anthem is someone else's - everyone else who is a citizen of the country. I'm sure there are many military veterans find your booing offensive.

I'm sure you're reasoning will be comforting on the black eyes or bloody noses that will inevitably happen. By morons, I grant you, but will still happen.

I'm ex forces and the song makes me feel sick. Especially when I see the poverty in this country while they parade a fucking crown around the streets that could feed a thousand kids tea. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, thechap said:

Booing another country's anthem isn't the same as booing your own country's anthem. Obviously.

I don't pretend that anyone who disagrees with me reads the Daily Mail; just those who consistently push whatever the Mail is pushing. 

I don't accuse "anyone who isn't a Leftie" of swallowing propaganda.

Other than that... great to have you back, Brother!

The National Anthem isn’t that anymore.

There are plenty of people in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland who don’t see it as their anthem.

There are plenty of ex-soldiers who were left to fend for themselves whilst suffering financial and mental problems once they had fought for “ Queen and Country” who despise the anthem now.

Even if it is assumed it is the English anthem, there are plenty of people in England who question why we should show deference to an establishment that looks after its own while showing contempt for “oiks” and “plebs” (see B. Johnson) and who believe that if we are indeed able to have a choice in things, we should have the choice to object to that establishment in any way we can, including booing the anthem they hold so dear.

Never mind that the same establishment for decades have denied ordinary folk the rightful justice they deserved, and I’m not just talking Hillsborough here, and were actively trying to manage the decline of the Merseyside area, which was most vociferous in its opposition to those who are so enraptured by everything “royal”.

And let’s not forget the single most important reason why it is not liked.

It is a fucking dirge.

Personally, I don’t sing it or boo it, as I can’t be arsed with it.

Jerusalem would be more appropriate as it is about the country, not those who have been foisted on us as the rulers of the country.

But I’m sure there are plenty of other songs/ tunes that would be better liked, but maybe that’s an argument for another day.

So, Chap, you continue to have your opinion, you are entitled to it of course, I don’t know where you are from, but surely you shouldn’t be surprised if people associated with the club, wherever they are from, don’t agree with your comments.

• Upvote 2

They've been using Jerusalem at the Commonwealth games and it sounds good. Personally, I would prefer Land of Hope and Glory, if pushed. 

Also, after two weeks in Northern Ireland I'm amazed how much they worship the Queen. Fucking posters of her everywhere. Tried to explain to her family that the Royal Family wouldn't piss on Northern Ireland if it was on fire. 

1 minute ago, johnsusername said:

They've been using Jerusalem at the Commonwealth games and it sounds good. Personally, I would prefer Land of Hope and Glory, if pushed. 

Also, after two weeks in Northern Ireland I'm amazed how much they worship the Queen. Fucking posters of her everywhere. Tried to explain to her family that the Royal Family wouldn't piss on Northern Ireland if it was on fire. 

Think you’ll find over half the people in Norn Iron might disagree with you about that worship!

3 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

When the queen dies we need a new anthem. 

The best way to do it would be getting Simon Cowell involved and having a Britain’s Got Talent / X Factor style competition. Open it up to anyone that wants a go. Let the people decide what their anthem should be. 

It should be Dance Magic Dance by Bowie or the Casualty theme tune. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I always thought Land of Hope and Glory was an (un)official Tory party anthem and for that reason I am out. 

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-members-of-the-cabinet-sing-land-of-hope-and-glory-at-the-end-of-the-105791887.html

It turns out they dropped it from closing their conference in 1998 but I can hold grudges with the best of them.