You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (N) - Community Shield, Sat 30th Jul 2022 (5:00pm)

Trumo

3 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Us and Spurs seem to be the only ones who aren't scared of them.

That's because we're the only 2 sides in this league with world class managers.

1 hour ago, Rushies tash said:

Haaland will score shit loads of goals in this league.

Fixed

5 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Shit kicking aside, did everything else really well.

To be fair to him not sure how their goal stood after he had two hands on the ball and looked to be in control of it. He did push the ball out to Haaland for his miss rather than pushing it to his side. I just hope he doesnt feature much at all as even Queef is a lot better.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Nelly-Matip said:

The Guardian going in hard on Haaland here! 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2022/jul/30/erling-haaland-looks-lost-to-remind-manchester-city-this-will-take-time

“There would have been no great gain in doing the things Haaland did here more energetically, in being ineffective with a greater intensity. By the end he had taken 16 touches, won zero headers, made no interceptions or dribbles, completed seven passes, and produced a willing but ultimately futile exercise in trapped energy, like an oversized fly bobbling its way down a window pane.”

“The sight of Haaland on the City team sheet was an instant adrenaline spike: all those vowels, the symmetry of the consonants. Even his name is a unit. With 11 minutes gone he had his first proper City touch, coming deep to take a throw-in and trapping the ball with all the deftness of a man trying to catch a tennis ball in a frying pan.“

Ouch!

8 minutes ago, Anubis said:

By the end of the season Haaland will have scored a hat full, so I don’t see the value of the press mocking him in a pre-season friendly.

Unfortunately this is true.

Hopefully he won’t be winning the league title though.

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

To be fair to him not sure how their goal stood after he had two hands on the ball and looked to be in control of it. He did push the ball out to Haaland for his miss rather than pushing it to his side. I just hope he doesnt feature much at all as even Queef is a lot better.

Agree with all of that, for me he is a decent third choice at our level.

13 hours ago, an tha said:

I'm very much in the charity shield does not matter - it is a pre season game camp.

But Man City are being highly hypocritical in my view refusing to collect medals today when as meaningless as they are, the club made a big fuss and called itself "Fourmidables" - the "four" including the charity shield.

D63gebFXsAA8nLO?format=jpg&name=900x900

No class

The third felt a bit like relief, though where they got 7 minutes from I’ll never know.

The interesting bit was Robertson, exactly the same situation in the first half and he waste’s it, half time, probably a whisper in the ear from a certain individual, second half, similar scenario, this time perfect header across the goal to a perfectly placed Liverpool player, for a perfect goal.

Perfecto!

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Nuts to be so venomous about Haaland after one game. They'll be purring over him when he's banging them in. 

They were wanking over him the whole game despite every touch the cunt had going to a red shirt and playing shite.  Fuck him.

4 minutes ago, J-V said:

If you watch the BBC highlights you'd think City were the better team and were all over us.

Thought we had the first 30-35, then they felt on top for the following 40-50, then we had the final 10-15.

Feel being for me a more truer reflection, than wanting to pick out supposed best bits.