You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (N) - Community Shield, Sat 30th Jul 2022 (5:00pm)

Trumo

I'm very much in the charity shield does not matter - it is a pre season game camp.

But Man City are being highly hypocritical in my view refusing to collect medals today when as meaningless as they are, the club made a big fuss and called itself "Fourmidables" - the "four" including the charity shield.

D63gebFXsAA8nLO?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Upvote 5

16 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Sorry, what did he do wrong in that game? He was fouled for their goal. He spilled a shot in the last minute. Not like we've seen Alli make mistakes, is it?

He did spill basically EVERY shot. He made good saves but everything just bounced off him where it can land at anyone's feet.

Good stuff. We looked sharp and were the better side. Thoroughly deserved victory.

Loads of good performances, IMO Hendo was pick of the punch. 

Pawson was terrible. He gave them every soft foul going, gave us fuck all. Just think of the flack he’d have gotten if there was no VAR and we didn’t get that penalty. It’s ridiculous it was even reviewed. 

I’m surprised their goal stood, I thought Adrian had both hands on it. Still, we don’t concede that with Alisson in goal.

2 minutes ago, Funkasy said:

Does the ball get kicked out of his hands or does he smash it against his own body and it goes back out into play? No one cares if Allison is back for the first game of the season, so lets hope so.

Lets hope this is Adrian's moment of glory for the season.  It took me back to Mig and Karius levels of pants soiling when City had a couple of spells on top. 

Just now, Funkasy said:

I actually think henderson had a mediocre game while Thiago was immense, strange how we see games so different. 

I thought Henderson was good in the second half.  Thiago sublime in the first half.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, an tha said:

We all know Adrian is shite.

He is 3rd choice and hopefully won't be and really shouldn't be required during season.

His performance today is neither here nor there.

Apart from the Atletico tie, he’s generally played above his ability for us.

People shouldn’t get too exercised about the limitations of our third choice keeper.

Seems well liked among the other players too. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Sorry, what did he do wrong in that game? He was fouled for their goal. He spilled a shot in the last minute. Not like we've seen Alli make mistakes, is it?

He did not get fouled, pushing shots back to attacker's is all good if they miss too. But yeah he was brilliant mate. Great backup, doesn't continually cost us with this either which is a bonus. 

1 minute ago, Supremolad said:

For a team we apparently struggle against, that's 2 wins and 2 draws in the last 4 we've had against City.

I have never been unduly scared of City in the Klopp era. I reckon they hate playing us even more than perceived.

We're the only team that genuinely think we can beat them . Most of them have accepted defeat before they step on the pitch. 

• Upvote 1