You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (N) - Community Shield, Sat 30th Jul 2022 (5:00pm)

Trumo

Cheered me right up that, Nunez looks like he could be something else & that big deformed cunt missing a sitter at the end was the icing on the cake.

On a slightly negative note, I hope to fuck Alisson is back next week.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I fucking love how Ian Rush just earns a living being the absolute legend that is Ian Rush.

Rushy is a total class act. Hands the Shield over to Hendo and humbly steps aside, knowing that his own moment in the limelight has passed and that all the glory now belongs to Hendo, Kloppo and our current generation.

Rushy - Legend and gentleman

• Upvote 9

5 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Have we been branded as traitors for booing the anthem yet?

Paul Weller thanked Scousers at his gig the other week and said we stand up against the establishment.

We are heroes to the oppressed 

Just now, Carvalho Diablo said:

Rushy is a total class act. Hands the Shield over to Hendo and humbly steps aside, knowing that his own moment in the limelight has passed and that all the glory now belongs to Hendo, Kloppo and our current generation.

Rushy - Legend and gentleman

I still maintain that he’d have scored more than Balotelli, Lambert and Borini in that season combined if he’d laced his boots up.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Haha Pep and his band of mercenaries don’t bother to collect the runner up medals.

If anything say modern City more I’m yet to find it.

Cunts.

If it was £50 notes in blood money theyd have been all over that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Haaland completely on his own in any of the pictures after the game, no team-mate near him. Nunez laughing and joking with his new pals. Great impact off the bench from him today. 

Always great to beat Man City, and we’ll need to do it in the league this year so today is good practice. 

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Sorry, what did he do wrong in that game? He was fouled for their goal. He spilled a shot in the last minute. Not like we've seen Alli make mistakes, is it?

I'd say his distribution was atrocious, putting us under pressure at times, but I was only half watching so might be wrong. 

In the grand scheme of things its probably only slightly higher than a normal friendly. Happy for Nunez to get more confidence, the goal looked like it meant a lot. Also happy for Halaand to miss a sitter and for some pressure to be applied to him online too.