You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dont Pay, Energy bills mass action?

dockers_strike

12 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Precisely because there isn't an alternative view of patriotism told by the opposition. Stuff about the NHS, British industry, values, etc. A vision of what Britain could be.

But what are british values?

Going off topic here but I do think it's a pretty difficult concept.

I'm not patriotic in the slightest but I do take pride on things like the welfare state..when leading Tories are talking about shrinking the state still further.

19 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Yes it has and completely on purpose. As if it wasnt bad enough to sell off the energy companies we(the taxpayers) already owned,the dismantling of the various structures and vessels to store our energy in guaranteed that we were reliant on getting our supplies from other countries. What a fantastic idea that is. And one that favours a small group of people yet again. Withholding payment will probably only help the bigger energy companies anyhow and destroy any competition,even though there is very little of that anyway.

Part of the strategy to lower prices meant that Centrica was inevitably forced to ditch storage.  They warned what would happen. Government ignored them and people thought they were scare mongering. 

On 21/07/2022 at 14:43, Rico1304 said:

I still dont get how now paying, say, Octopus who have only made a profit once (and are losing money now) will solve the problem.  They will go bump, take all their customers money with them and then the fund to protect customers will replace that money putting more of a burden on customers. 

Honestly I’ll all ears (and a lot of nose) 

Well for a start it might reveal the competition in energy provision to be exactly what it is; a sham. Energy is a corporate monopoly and companies like Octopus are there to make it look like we have real choice.  

59 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Happy Friday! 

DA58277D-D0B1-4A19-96FB-2529434B3743.jpeg

He used to wear Trespass and shop at the Aldi
Now he’s the joker in the clubhouse at Caldy
His hair was receding, his face had descended
Now he’s been up to Rodney Street and had it all mended
He used to walk home with a chop suey roll
Now he’s in Sheldrakes devouring his soul
His mate’s got a six-berth in Kinmel Bay
And for the last week in August that’s where he’d stay
But now it’s a fortnight in tropical climes