You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dont Pay, Energy bills mass action?

dockers_strike

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Ha ha ha - so all this boasting about working on power stations, working with L+G on SMETS1 (they were clueless) at Cheadle wasn’t true then? You weren’t a good contractor?  I might ask about tomorrow - someone will remember you. 

Worked on every one of them. As for 'boasting,' no that's just your cringeworthy lies. You know, I cant believe a 50 year old like you claims to be in the position you are with all your lies, rico.

You can ask Mike Duffy at the former NEGL if you want, rico.  Im dieing to see your twisted comments.

Oh, rico's got another hard on! 4 in one day!

Just now, dockers_strike said:

Worked on every one of them. As for 'boasting,' no that's just your cringeworthy lies. You know, I cant believe a 50 year old like you claims to be in the position you are with all your lies, rico.

You can ask Mike Duffy at the former NEGL if you want, rico.  Im dieing to see your twisted comments.

Fuck me - I know you worked on them because YOU TOLD ME!   Let me spell it out for you; 

a) You claim to be knowledgable because you had senior roles (as a contractor) in the energy industry. I have no reason not to believe you

b) if you did have senior roles (as a contractor) in the industry, bought new cars every year for you and sometimes the wife, had a civil service pension pot sitting for over 20 years, have financial advisor all the evidence points to you being well off.  

c) That makes the ‘salt of the earth man of the people’ act tedious.  

5 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Rico has a wife!? No needto worry about the old girl, she'd chew Rico up and spit out the bits. She's got a bit of Welsh, and Irish blood in her and she's a ginge!

I don’t want a chew off your wife. That makes me feel sick. 

Nice to know I’ve still got it though. 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

My wife earns more than me. If I referred to as ‘the old girl’ I’d be found in small pieces all around the north west. 

See, that's your problem.  You should've been earning the megabucks like DS then Lady Rico could be a kept woman!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Fuck me - I know you worked on them because YOU TOLD ME!   Let me spell it out for you; 

a) You claim to be knowledgable because you had senior roles (as a contractor) in the energy industry. I have no reason not to believe you

b) if you did have senior roles (as a contractor) in the industry, bought new cars every year for you and sometimes the wife, had a civil service pension pot sitting for over 20 years, have financial advisor all the evidence points to you being well off.  

c) That makes the ‘salt of the earth man of the people’ act tedious.  

Good grief, I have to point out your glaring inaccuracies rico but we can put that down to a glaring lack of knowledge about the contractor industry.

What's it like being an outright liar rico because all I said in a car buying thread was I had bought new cars not I bought one every year. My bought new in 2002, sold in 2014 car did 217,000 miles until I sold it and guess what, bought a new car!

Your faux indignation and from a 50 year old who brags about 'sipping champagne in business class on an A380,' now that's a tedious man of the people act.

Go on, try for your 5th hard on today. You know you want to!

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Good grief, I have to point out your glaring inaccuracies rico but we can put that down to a glaring lack of knowledge about the contractor industry.

What's it like being an outright liar rico because all I said in a car buying thread was I had bought new cars not I bought one every year. My bought new in 2002, sold in 2014 217,000 miles until I sold it and guess what, bought a new car!

Your faux indignation and from a 50 year old who brags about 'sipping champagne in business class on an A380,' now that's a tedious man of the people act.

Go on, try for your 5th hard on today. You know you want to!

In truth any respect I had for Rico was lost when I found out he only drank fizz at the bar after you turn left.

Amateur hour, Kir Royal all the way, my record is 18.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

In truth any respect I had for Rico was lost when I found out he only drank fizz at the bar after you turn left.

Amateur hour, Kir Royal all the way, my record is 18.

I had 2 bottles of Dom!  Nearly missed my shower! 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Can someone do something with this Rico prick? Every fucking thread I look at is that daft cunt having a row with someone. Very boring. 

He’s been here for over a decade, like all of us, and his views are well know, it’s not a surprise and *whisper it* occasionally he’s right. 

More importantly read your post above in Trumps voice, it fits so well!

Hugs and stuff.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

He’s got mates. Huge mates. Famous mates. Mates who went to China. Mates who’ll grab you by the pussy. Amazing mates. Bigly mates. He has mates who win elections. 

Now I can confirm, though I’ve not met ‘em, they’re stand up guys, real smart. So smart I had to take a step back and think, these guys are real smart. What you think I thought about ‘em? Eh? Real stand up guys, though I never met ‘em. Real smart. Going places if they keep their smarts, though I don’t think they will as they’re too smart which makes ‘em stupid. I see it all the time. Losers.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Can someone do something with this Rico prick? Every fucking thread I look at is that daft cunt having a row with someone. Very boring. 

Just put him on ignore. I did it ages ago and it's worthwhile doing. 

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

I'm sure the French own Arriva and the Germans own stagecoach or some shit. The government have no problem with things being state run, as long as it's not our state.

They sell off everything and paint themselves as the patriotic party because johnson waves around a union jack..and a nation of simpletons swallow it

Just now, Arniepie said:

They sell off everything and paint themselves as the patriotic party because johnson waves around a union jack..and a nation of simpletons swallow it

Labour have a real problem with patriotism though.

It was either "it's shit and you're all racists" as it was a bit under Corbyn, or doing an unconvincing, often pitiful, impression of Johnson as it has been under Starmer.

They haven't been able to pick it apart and explain which bits of it benefit the majority, which bits of utter bullshit, etc. 

Would possibly only change if they were in government as before so they'll continue taking a cue from focus groups. 

4 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Labour have a real problem with patriotism though.

It was either "it's shit and you're all racists" as it was a bit under Corbyn, or doing an unconvincing, often pitiful, impression of Johnson as it has been under Starmer.

They haven't been able to pick it apart and explain which bits of it benefit the majority, which bits of utter bullshit, etc. 

Would possibly only change if they were in government as before so they'll continue taking a cue from focus groups. 

Patriotism is a tricky concept anyway tbf but how the fuck do the Tories get away with it when they would sell their own mother for a few extra quid is beyond me?

6 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Think that boat has well and trully sailed thanks to a certain iron lady.

Yes it has and completely on purpose. As if it wasnt bad enough to sell off the energy companies we(the taxpayers) already owned,the dismantling of the various structures and vessels to store our energy in guaranteed that we were reliant on getting our supplies from other countries. What a fantastic idea that is. And one that favours a small group of people yet again. Withholding payment will probably only help the bigger energy companies anyhow and destroy any competition,even though there is very little of that anyway.

3 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Patriotism is a tricky concept anyway tbf but how the fuck do the Tories get away with it when they would sell their own mother for a few extra quid is beyond me?

Precisely because there isn't an alternative view of patriotism told by the opposition. Stuff about the NHS, British industry, values, etc. A vision of what Britain could be.