You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Istanbul

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

My go to pick me up video when everything feel's a bit shit.

Whoever knocked this together for ITV in the time they had is a genius*

*I know some of it would have been pre-prepared just in case.

Especially considering it was on Sky...

2 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

My go to pick me up video when everything feel's a bit shit.

Whoever knocked this together for ITV in the time they had is a genius*

*I know some of it would have been pre-prepared just in case.

I used to watch this over and over. Had it saved on my work desktop. Thankfully we've made some amazing recent memories as well but that montage was and still is superb. 

We shouldn’t have stood a chance at 3-0 down.

There was just something about that whole run in the CL that season though.

We used every penny we could lay our hands on to get there, it just seemed like it had to be done, inexplicable really, probably wouldn’t do the same nowadays to be honest.

But the whole thing, not just the game.

Epic.

2 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

That Milan team was obscene man for man.

The entire back four alone are either the best in their generation or of all time. Maldini, Cafu, Nesta and Stam.

Jesus.

That’s before you look at the midfield and attack and we had Djimi Traore in defence!

there is no way we should have won that game at 3-0 down at half time. The fans singing at half time, gerrard waving the team on after he scored, smicer looking like David landing one on Goliath with his shot with a mixture of delight and surprise, the agony of alonsos miss immediately turning to ecstasy as he slotted in the rebound and THAT double stop from dudek from shevchenko was miraculous.

If it were a film you’d think it was over the top. The whole campaign is basically a Rocky film, I’m exhausted just thinking about it. 

28 minutes ago, Street Preacher said:

How bad were some of those Milan penalties though? It was like they were resigned to missing them. 

I've always been uncomfortable with the last one from Shevchenko. Not suggesting it was fixed it at all it was just such a key kick from arguably the number 1 striker in the world at the time and he hit it like a 12 year old. 

They were shot to pieces.  

9 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Even though I know it doesn't I still think the Shevchenko chance in extra time is going to go in every time I watch it.

Not as much as the Gudjohnsen one surely....... still gives me the creeps that fucker 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I've always been uncomfortable with the last one from Shevchenko. Not suggesting it was fixed it at all it was just such a key kick from arguably the number 1 striker in the world at the time and he hit it like a 12 year old. 

They were shot to pieces.  

It was bizarre wasn't it? Looked like his soul had left his body, just had nothing left. 

16 hours ago, JagSquared said:

That’s before you look at the midfield and attack and we had Djimi Traore in defence!

there is no way we should have won that game at 3-0 down at half time. The fans singing at half time, gerrard waving the team on after he scored, smicer looking like David landing one on Goliath with his shot with a mixture of delight and surprise, the agony of alonsos miss immediately turning to ecstasy as he slotted in the rebound and THAT double stop from dudek from shevchenko was miraculous.

If it were a film you’d think it was over the top. The whole campaign is basically a Rocky film, I’m exhausted just thinking about it. 

Agreed, we’d all be in the “Rate the last film thread” shitting on it for being too sentimental and unrealistic.

16 hours ago, Street Preacher said:

That video never fails to give me goosebumps. 

Unbelievable game that maybe will never be topped. 

How bad were some of those Milan penalties though? It was like they were resigned to missing them. 

I don't think it helped that Jerzy was about five feet off his line for Pirlo's one.