You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barcelona Setting Fire to Their Future

Ne Moe Imya

13 hours ago, Fugitive said:

They are defo banking on the super league getting the go ahead from the courts

They've got to have other teams to play for that. But yeah I think they are. Hope we stay out of it, don't want us helping them wankers 

36 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

You're probably right, but people make stupid decision around sport (maybe all business) all the time, especially when they feel time driven, which I assume these Barcelona deals where. 

Yeah, I get that but wouldn't the ones holding all the cards be the guys giving Barca the money in this situation. I don't see why they would be being rushed.

Mind you, they probably allowed themselves to be!

5 hours ago, HBenn said:

Yeah, I get that but wouldn't the ones holding all the cards be the guys giving Barca the money in this situation. I don't see why they would be being rushed.

Mind you, they probably allowed themselves to be!

Deadlines are deadlines. If there's no chance for real due diligence, there's plenty of opportunity for corruption or slight of hand, especially with fellas who don't really know what they're doing. Our owners come over as business savvy and they admit they knew absolutely nothing about the sport when they bought us. 

51 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Deadlines are deadlines. If there's no chance for real due diligence, there's plenty of opportunity for corruption or slight of hand, especially with fellas who don't really know what they're doing. Our owners come over as business savvy and they admit they knew absolutely nothing about the sport when they bought us. 

Yes, fair point.

8 hours ago, m0e said:

The Superleague will be created to compete with the Premier League, if our clubs jib it off.

This is precisely what I expect to happen.

If they can get a Superleague off the ground in the next 5 years without any of the English teams, then it might compete with the Premier League. But I think if the league can hold them off for 10 more years, by then the financial power will be so concentrated in the Premier League that the Premier League will be ensconced in permanent power, at least for the rest of this economic cycle.

Fortunately, the last SuperLeague rollout was such a disaster that it staved off any chance of it being revived for a little while. But you can bet that Juve and especially Barca and Real Madrid are watching the Premier League hoover up the TV money around the globe and the idea will rear its ugly head again soon enough.

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

So that'll be just the 1st match or something? 

Yeah, I'd say so.

Premier League is midday on the Friday before games, if that 11th August date has any relevance it'll be the La Liga equivalent and would then role forward to the 18th, 25th and then the 1st.

That said it wouldn't be a good look if they lost the first game of the season with a load of expensive players they couldn't register in the stands.

Cunt of a club

Look at the media and fans going after Braithwaite because he wants his contract paid up. Its all 'you should go,your not good enough etc. 

Look how they got him

Cheating fucks went crying to LaLiga they had no forwards when Dembele and Suarez got injured outside the window. La Liga allowed them a emergency  deal. They paid Braithwaite release clause from Leganés(another la liga team) bought him outside the window meaning Leganés couldn't replace him. Leganés went down by 2pts and have not got Promoted since

48 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Bet the accountant behind that will get fired (probably won't get paid either!).

If they are up to those tricks we should probably go and offer them £20m for Pedri rising to £180m if we win the CL in each of his first 6 seasons with the club! 

On a more serious note, not sure why Laporta would need to ask the socios for permission to pull the 4th lever as they don't have much choice now do they? Would be funny as hell if they said "no, enough is enough" but they cannot now can they? 

Is that true that if the players aren't registered by the end of the month they have to sell them? I cannot see it happening but if it did surely they would only have to sell if the players agitated for it?

Wouldn't put it pass Laporta to ask them, considering they cannot play, to go unpaid/defer their wages for 4 months!

Watching the Gavi situation with interest. Was 18 on Friday, if deal is not announced imminently perhaps we would look at it? Potential star, we probably need a midfielder now, could help us out and maybe available for a very good price?

I've no idea if Frenkie de Jong is suited to our midfield, but right now I would give serious consideration to us going all Serie A club and agreeing a loan with option to buy (that we will do our best to take the piss with), with Barcelona picking up 50% of the wages. They can defer and whatever from their end, and his agent can argue the toss with them, but we will have a midfield option, a player who wants to show that he is of high quality, and with the motivation of the upcoming World Cup.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Trumo said:

I've no idea if Frenkie de Jong is suited to our midfield, but right now I would give serious consideration to us going all Serie A club and agreeing a loan with option to buy (that we will do our best to take the piss with), with Barcelona picking up 50% of the wages. They can defer and whatever from their end, and his agent can argue the toss with them, but we will have a midfield option, a player who wants to show that he is of high quality, and with the motivation of the upcoming World Cup.

It would be funny as fuck if we signed him after United have spent all summer chasing him!

His wages make any deal to come here almost impossible though.

No idea if it's an established Spanish phrase, but this whole "pulling levers" thing is incredibly annoying to hear parroted back by Barca fans.

Like they've got some slick Wallace and Gromit machine rigged up, rather than the harsh denialism of selling your future to pay for today's continued excess.

Hope they go bust, and the penny they'd need to avoid administration De Jong hoiks into the sea in front of them.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

No idea if it's an established Spanish phrase, but this whole "pulling levers" thing is incredibly annoying to hear parroted back by Barca fans.

Like they've got some slick Wallace and Gromit machine rigged up, rather than the harsh denialism of selling your future to pay for today's continued excess.

Hope they go bust, and the penny they'd need to avoid administration De Jong hoiks into the sea in front of them.

Maybe they are all wearing the wrong trousers then?