You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

By The Decade Draft - Group A

Bjornebye

Pick The Best Two Sides  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Pick Your Favourite 2

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/07/22 at 09:59

Right, going to have to be very critical to pick a winner because all the sides are great. So...

John. Very nice side, well balanced but if I was being very critical maybe a bit too attack minded in the centre. Boban and Iniesta both at their best when allowed to go further up the pitch so could have done with a DM maybe. And not sure on that left back either.

Was actually going to start a thread about players who were undoubtedly world class in their day but don't really get much praise nowadays and Figo was one I was thinking of along with Raul and Rooney.

No 2. Great six in midfield and attack albeit not sure if Puskas and Gerrard are in their best positions. Think Irwin and to a lesser extent Jennings are a bit weaker than their equivalents in some other teams in the draft but apart from that good team.

Dynamite. Front four is a dream and Maradona behind Van Basten is superb. Think Toure is a bit weaker than other centre mids in the draft and McGrain suffers from a bit from not playing in a better league or achieving anything at an international or European level. Very well balanced team though.

Going to go with John and Dynamite but not much between all the teams in truth.

I think Irwin was a superb left back. I’d have loved him here. Same with Keane and Pallister from that mid 90s utd side. The kind of players you need to be a top side. The rest were all cunts obviously. And still are. 

Irwin was a very good left back but he’s getting compared to some of the greatest left backs of all time in this draft and he’s not in that league. 

Same way as I absolutely adore Steve Nicol who I picked in my team but he’s not the same quality as Cafu for example. That’s not denigrating Nicol just the truth imo. 

46 minutes ago, No2 said:

Went with John and Dynamite simply because Rapey picked Holland and I had them already. Gee hair between the 3 teams.

I think you’ll find I posted my (almost) finished team as Holland a full 24 hours before you did, you plagiarising get.