You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Members sale 22/23, the beginning of the end for those who cant attend every game

Code

2 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

This is where I am at too. Its just worth to be constantly fighting for a ticket by being at the mercy of the club AND spend shit lots to actually watch it. 

I have not been to the game for a little while due to my personal constraints but thought I will go to a few this season with my boy but kicking myself for buying the membership.

Totally see where you are coming from here. Got my lad a membership who is desperate to go to his first games this season.

All you want as a father is for your son/daughter to follow in your footsteps and have the experiences that you once had following the reds as a young lad/younger man.

Its extremely hard to do that. Probably hardly any cheap junior tickets for sale in any case.

The late notice or TV companies switching games around - not arsed about that are they? 

And if anyone truly believes that, even after the fan update, that season tickets are in the hands of original owners than I've got some magic beans to sell you. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Code said:

81% of the late availability sale, including local members sale, not the members sale in general, that number was 53 %, obviously a high number also.

But who are most likely to buy tickets in the late availability sale and the local members sale? Not members with full credits I'd suggest. 

1 minute ago, Red_or_Dead said:

It's not though - that's the late sales/local sales.  Membership redistribution were 53%

I got them mixed up, but still, 53% is really high. 

So we have c.28k season ticket holders, c.3k away supporters, c.7k hospitality... we're saying of the c.16k left for Members, c.8500 aren't used by the person who bought the ticket?

The club say the criteria for games will come down and there will be more availability with this and the ARE extension. I assume they've modelled this (feels like it would be easy to do). 

Unfortunately, Liverpool have let memberships, credit hoarders, people not attending, away allocations etc go unchecked for years. As I said earlier, I've benefited as much (likely more) from the current "system" than anybody. I feel sorry for some who this will come as bad news too,  the club are right to do something about this and need to go further in future years (season tickets and away credits).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I got them mixed up, but still, 53% is really high. 

So we have c.28k season ticket holders, c.3k away supporters, c.7k hospitality... we're saying of the c.16k left for Members, c.8500 aren't used by the person who bought the ticket?

The club say the criteria for games will come down and there will be more availability with this and the ARE extension. I assume they've modelled this (feels like it would be easy to do). 

Unfortunately, Liverpool have let memberships, credit hoarders, people not attending, away allocations etc go unchecked for years. As I said earlier, I've benefited as much (likely more) from the current "system" than anybody. I feel sorry for some who this will come as bad news too,  the club are right to do something about this and need to go further in future years (season tickets and away credits).

Hating to sound like a stuck record, but the club brought in redistribution for members last year because of covid, to use these figures as a stick to beat the members with is unfair, especially as STH don't get punished in this way.

Ever since FSG came in they've never been happy with the members ticket idea (i.e. 13+ guaranteeing you a ticket) and this a move away from this model.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Hating to sound like a stuck record, but the club brought in redistribution for members last year because of covid, to use these figures as a stick to beat the members with is unfair, especially as STH don't get punished in this way.

Ever since FSG came in they've never been happy with the members ticket idea (i.e. 13+ guaranteeing you a ticket) and this a move away from this model.

I’d suggest the redistribution method came in as part of the NFC passes and was something they could track, unlike giving somebody your membership card / season ticket card.

Even as a STH myself, I do agree it feels somewhat unfair to penalise members and not STH’s. If the club has data on Members, it will have on STH’s as well. I can only assume the number of ST tickets distributed is nowhere near 53%. 

The whole thing needs looking at. Maybe they’ve done this first given the high numbers involved and it’s a quick win? I fundamentally think away credits, ACS credits, Euro Away credits… absolutely all of it needs an overhaul.

Agree it needs looking at, but they're just fostering more division between members and STH with what they're doing.  If they'd release the STH numbers then we'd know, and agree, it probably wouldn't be as high, but if they don't release them, we'll never know!

I'm still pissed off that membership loyalty doesn't in anyway count towards ST eligibility (whenever they become available) - joined the list when I joined the PTS 20 years ago, and for some shit reason I'm still 20,000 and odd, so I'm never getting one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

You'd still be able to do this though. Just nobody would get the credit for it. 

Exactly which means could drop off the 4+ or 13+ (depending on where are) and then potentially not be able to get tickets next season.

26 minutes ago, an tha said:

Exactly which means could drop off the 4+ or 13+ (depending on where are) and then potentially not be able to get tickets next season.

But that would mean people who didn’t go to games wouldn’t get credits and those who bought and used tickets did?

Ultimately, you can’t say fairer than that! 

I get where everybody is coming from. When it comes to tickets and credits, ultimately we’re all after our own interests. This doesn’t effect me, future changes down the line might, I still think an overhaul of LFC’s ticket allocations etc is well over due and unfortunately, because it’s been left so long, it’s going to be even harder to untangle. 

Personally, I think this is a step in the right direction. 

BTW, how did you get on in the Charity Shield Ballot? Another unsuccessful application for me. 

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

But that would mean people who didn’t go to games wouldn’t get credits and those who bought and used tickets did?

Ultimately, you can’t say fairer than that! 

I get where everybody is coming from. When it comes to tickets and credits, ultimately we’re all after our own interests. This doesn’t effect me, future changes down the line might, I still think an overhaul of LFC’s ticket allocations etc is well over due and unfortunately, because it’s been left so long, it’s going to be even harder to untangle. 

Personally, I think this is a step in the right direction. 

BTW, how did you get on in the Charity Shield Ballot? Another unsuccessful application for me. 

When you are talking about being able to get you and your mates kids to a couple of games a season using different combinations of the credits built up over years i don't think it is fair that we potentially lose ability to be able to do that.

I feel people should be allowed to name maybe 2 people they can transfer to without losing credit.....i can't currently buy a dad/lad ticket so the odd time want to take lad i have one of our groups transferred to him....another lad in our group has two kids and once a season he'll have two of ours transferred to his kids so he can take them.

Nothing stopping us doing that of course, but the credits are no good sitting with the kids and as i said could be difference in losing it between dropping off 13+ or 4+ ladder (or wherever new bars are set) as a result.

As for charity shield - never bothered entering it - see it as a totally meaningless fixture and a waste of money forking out for ticket/travel.

Ahead of the new 2022-23 season, Liverpool FC is introducing important changes to its ticket transfer scheme, to ensure it remains an efficient and effective service.

• LFC’s Ticket Forwarding scheme rolled out for new season
  • Friends and Family update as part of new Ticket Forwarding scheme – fans can register unlimited number of friends and family to their supporter ID account
  • Tickets for a game can be forwarded a maximum of three times per game before they are locked and cannot be forwarded again
  • Fans encouraged to use club’s official Ticket Exchange if they or registered friends and family cannot attend a game
  • Tickets purchased in the local members sale, late availability sales or general £9 sale will be non-transferable

These changes are being implemented following consultation with the club’s Ticketing Forum.

LFC’s Ticket Forwarding scheme rolled out for new season

Last season, the club launched Ticket Distribution, which allowed supporters to distribute their home Premier League and cup match tickets to other supporters should they be unable to attend matches themselves.

For the 2022-23 season, this is being replaced by a new and improved system called Ticket Forwarding. This will allow season ticket holders and official members to use official club channels to share their match tickets in a secure way, while also making Anfield more accessible and safer for fans by knowing who is in the stadium.

Last season, supporters could distribute their tickets to fans outside of their registered friends and family list. This process will come to an end when Ticket Forwarding is launched at the start of the season.

It means supporters will only be permitted to transfer their match tickets to those on their registered Friends and Family list (see below for more information). Fans are advised that tickets for a game can be forwarded a maximum of three times per game before they are locked and cannot be forwarded again. Once locked, the ticket can then only be returned to the club’s Ticket Exchange for resale.

Supporters with tickets in accessible areas will only be able to forward their tickets to other disabled supporters, and supporters with tickets in non-accessible areas will not be able to forward their tickets to supporters who require accessible seating.

Those who have purchased tickets in the local members sale, late availability sale or general £9 sale will NOT be able to transfer their ticket. These tickets, however, can be returned to the club for resale via the Official Ticket Exchange (more information below). The Ticket Forwarding scheme will not be applicable to hospitality members.

Friends and Family update

For the 2022-23 season, fans can link an unlimited number of registered Friends and Family members to their supporter ID account, in order to transfer their ticket if unable to attend a fixture.

All Friends and Family must be registered before the start of the 2022-23 season – supporters will be unable to make changes to their Friends and Family list after August 5, 2022 for the remainder of the season. Go here for a guide on how to update your list of Friends and Family members.

Those who are registered on a supporter’s Friends and Family list will be required to complete the Fan Update – the club’s process to verify the information we hold about a supporter is up to date and accurate. Supporters will be contacted in due course to confirm when this will need to be completed.

Supporters who downloaded their NFC pass during the 2021-22 season will not be required to download it again – your pass will remain active for the new season. Fans who haven’t downloaded an NFC pass previously will be notified when their pass is available to download.

Tickets will be forwarded to an NFC digital ticket and the transfer must be completed one hour prior to kick-off of the specified match. Supporters are advised that once a ticket has been forwarded to someone on the assigned Friends and Family list, it cannot be recalled. Unlike Ticket Distribution, the ticket can only be transferred to another supporter using the Ticket Forwarding scheme.

We would strongly advise supporters to only purchase tickets that they intend to attend themselves.

Liverpool FC Official Ticket Exchange

Official members and season ticket holders are encouraged to use the club’s ticket exchange scheme, should they be unable to attend any game and don’t have nominated friends or family who can attend. If the club sells the ticket, they will receive 100 per cent of the value of their ticket back.

For more information on LFC’s Official Ticket Exchange, go here.

For FAQs, go here.

One of the problems with being a club as historically successful and iconic as ours is that you’ll never be able to meet the demands of the fan base for tickets to see the team “in the flesh”.

Someone will always miss out when it comes to distribution of tickets. And this is the crux of what’s happening now. Between my wife, daughter, son and myself we have two season tickets and two Memberships and my wife and daughter are currently around 3200 on the ST waiting list having been on there since 2000. We transfer our ST’s between us depending on who is working, who’s got the children etc. etc. and we enrol on the CL and League Cup ACS every season.

We stopped trying for tickets over the phone/online years ago, it was just a waste of time as we couldn’t get enough credits to qualify for games and without those you were pretty much stuffed, particularly for the “big” games. We’ve been able to take our grandson the LC games in the recent past but haven’t qualified for CL final tickets in the ballots at all since Athens in 2007, we didn’t try for last seasons LC final as we were otherwise engaged when the final was happening. We’ve had the season tickets since 1981 and 1985 respectively, so through some right dross as well as good times. I doubt if we’ll ever see anything to match Istanbul again, and we were fortunate to all have been there even if in four different parts of the ground!

So we’ve stumped up the money to keep the season tickets going for 41 and 37 years respectively, sometimes when the money could have been used to better ends, but I sympathise how Members must feel, many having battled to keep their credits up over the years and now find the prospect of transferring, genuinely, taking their credits away.

It might be in the future if we transfer our ST’s between us it could also negatively affect us, if the club penalise us for only completing 66% of our games for instance? Ultimately, if this is the start of a real attempt to get rid of touts then it’s to be applauded, we’ve never bought a ticket above face value and don’t believe they should be sold above face value, but if it’s some cynical measure by the club to reduce the ground to one match day trippers who spend a fortune then it needs to be policed by the fan groups closely.

22 hours ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Another thing that pisses me off about this is that they only brought in the ability to transfer/sell back to the club last season (and that was because of Covid) - if it were a normal season it would probably be less.

The club were actively promoting it last season, saying don't worry if you can't make it, you can transfer your ticket easily, now they're using those figures to fuck the members over.

Have SOS said anything about this?

It’s very cynical from the club.

21 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I’d suggest the redistribution method came in as part of the NFC passes and was something they could track, unlike giving somebody your membership card / season ticket card.

Even as a STH myself, I do agree it feels somewhat unfair to penalise members and not STH’s. If the club has data on Members, it will have on STH’s as well. I can only assume the number of ST tickets distributed is nowhere near 53%. 

The whole thing needs looking at. Maybe they’ve done this first given the high numbers involved and it’s a quick win? I fundamentally think away credits, ACS credits, Euro Away credits… absolutely all of it needs an overhaul.

My season ticket it distributed for just less than 2/3rds of matches, by design.

I’ve shared my ticket for the last 10 or 12 years or so. Firstly because the fella I used to go with stopped being able to get tickets any more, then because of kids, family, work etc it just made more practical sense for me and 2 or 3 others to go to games between us. They benefit from getting to games they otherwise wouldn’t, I benefit by not having to be committed to all 19 games.

im sure a lot of people do similar.

I expected the F&F / distribution would try and put a stop to it, and I guess my thoughts on it happening are that this is a step towards it being more likely.

I hope not, as I’ll have a decision to make and that will be 3 “legacy fans” that can no longer get to a match if they do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coachpotato said:

One of the problems with being a club as historically successful and iconic as ours is that you’ll never be able to meet the demands of the fan base for tickets to see the team “in the flesh”.

Someone will always miss out when it comes to distribution of tickets. And this is the crux of what’s happening now. Between my wife, daughter, son and myself we have two season tickets and two Memberships and my wife and daughter are currently around 3200 on the ST waiting list having been on there since 2000. We transfer our ST’s between us depending on who is working, who’s got the children etc. etc. and we enrol on the CL and League Cup ACS every season.

We stopped trying for tickets over the phone/online years ago, it was just a waste of time as we couldn’t get enough credits to qualify for games and without those you were pretty much stuffed, particularly for the “big” games. We’ve been able to take our grandson the LC games in the recent past but haven’t qualified for CL final tickets in the ballots at all since Athens in 2007, we didn’t try for last seasons LC final as we were otherwise engaged when the final was happening. We’ve had the season tickets since 1981 and 1985 respectively, so through some right dross as well as good times. I doubt if we’ll ever see anything to match Istanbul again, and we were fortunate to all have been there even if in four different parts of the ground!

So we’ve stumped up the money to keep the season tickets going for 41 and 37 years respectively, sometimes when the money could have been used to better ends, but I sympathise how Members must feel, many having battled to keep their credits up over the years and now find the prospect of transferring, genuinely, taking their credits away.

It might be in the future if we transfer our ST’s between us it could also negatively affect us, if the club penalise us for only completing 66% of our games for instance? Ultimately, if this is the start of a real attempt to get rid of touts then it’s to be applauded, we’ve never bought a ticket above face value and don’t believe they should be sold above face value, but if it’s some cynical measure by the club to reduce the ground to one match day trippers who spend a fortune then it needs to be policed by the fan groups closely.

Good post.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

How are you able to purchase tickets for Cup games as a Member? 

We get to home cup games/CL through the season tickets allowing us via the ACS.

We lost the choice to register on the ACS for FA Cup games because we missed a couple of games a while ago.

Circumstances a few years back dictated we stopped applying, apart from ST home league games, and so the credits we had disappeared and it got to the point where, for most of the games, you had to hang on the phone or online for hours, so we've just kept up the memberships out of habit really, and in case they were to affect the ST waiting list at any time. 

19 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

14th today and waiting for the email from the club

Same! Have applied for every home game until December for my son and I…..hoping to take him to his first game at Anfield this season.

This will likely be last season in the ACS for the Champions League. I don't like the new format with extra games, I'm tired of getting home after midnight now the kick offs are at 8pm and UEFA give you barely any allocation if you do get to the final. That's before you even get to the disgraceful organisation at this year's final.