You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cunt Leadership Race.

Bruce Spanner

Which cunt wins?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Rishi Soocunt
    • Jeremy Cunt
    • Penny Morcunt
    • Cunt Truss
    • Tom Somecunt
    • Saj Javcunt
    • Kemmy Unknowncunt
    • Grant 'The Whiney Little Cunt' Shapps
    • Suella The Stupid Cunt
    • Nadcunt Cunthavi
    • A N Other Cunt

If the only game plan of the Tory leadership contenders is to out cunt each other.

"Expand the Rwanda policy"

"Leave the European court of Human rights"

In order to appeal to Tory voters, doesn't this prove that Tories are by definition - cunts?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

If the only game plan of the Tory leadership contenders is to out cunt each other.

"Expand the Rwanda policy"

"Leave the European court of Human rights"

In order to appeal to Tory voters, doesn't this prove that Tories are by definition - cunts?

Approx 200,000 Conservative members or 0.27% of the population will decide the next Prime Minister. You could probably count on one hand how many of them are balanced, caring, understanding people. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Is cutting tax the solution to the problems we have? 

They're all running with that line to varying degrees with the possible exception of sunak, who's probably the only one who's looked at the books. 

I understand the idea that our economy has stagnated compared to the rest of the G7 (way before this immediate crisis, going back to 2008), and lower corporation tax may help with that. But even if that works, it's a long term gamble and we need to resolve things now. Javid is championing many more tax reductions, which will potentially help individuals with the immediate problem of not being able to afford food or the gas to pay to cook it. But what's the chances of those tax reductions being focused on those who need it most? 

Lots of our problems are linked to global issues, but our dependence on those global goods (be it cheap shit from China or oil & gas) can't just be changed and it seems pretty unlikely that's what we're trying to do with any tax reductions. 

The bottom line here is they are all trying to find Thatcher, so they spout low tax, small state at every turn. They all know sunak is favourite, so they're trying to achieve distance from him while simultaneously trying to pretend they weren't either sat in cabinet or sat on government benches when supporting the tax rates we've got now. 

23 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

We need to cut taxes so we can invest more in public services. 

Wait, what?

If you listen to javid this morning, he doesn't say anything of the sort. He said we need to cut taxes to kick start the economy, we need to fund it by public service cut backs, which he believes he can be made by efficiency savings - citing an example of saving £1m in 6 weeks when he first joined health. Because £1m will sort it all out. 

10 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

If you listen to javid this morning, he doesn't say anything of the sort. He said we need to cut taxes to kick start the economy, we need to fund it by public service cut backs, which he believes he can be made by efficiency savings - siting an example of saving £1m in 6 weeks when he first joined health. Because £1m will sort it all out. 

There was a wonderful moment Chez Spanner this morning.

We had the interviews in the background as we largely ignored each other as married couples do, she doing so thing incredible shite, me something incredibly important, of course.

Javid said something along the lines of ‘when I was chancellor I had to be pragmatic with the NHS, but when I went in and saw how underfunded it was as Health Minister knew changes needed to happen’

We both looked up from our corn flakes to say, in tandem, did he just say ‘When I was the chancellor I starved the NHS of funds, despite it being on its knees, but when I was health secretary it was golden because I found out I could just sell it off?’

It was a highlight or our very highlighted time together.

• Upvote 1

Why would we cut corporation tax?

Didn't we cut energy companies some slack and they didn't pass it on?  So why would corporations see that happen and not do the same? It's baffling, it doesn't stand up to 5 seconds of very basic scrutiny. 

We've never needed higher taxes more than right now, we need safety nets all over the place, look at the cliff edge, it's coming fast, people have their heads in the sand (literally, during the summer fun) about the cost of living as we go into winter.  

Low fucking taxes? How low are they talking? The only way it can make a difference to millions is if there is zero taxation. A small cut here or there will mean nothing to millions. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Didn't we cut energy companies some slack and they didn't pass it on?  So why would corporations see that happen and not do the same? It's baffling, it doesn't stand up to 5 seconds of very basic scrutiny. 

We've never needed higher taxes more than right now, we need safety nets all over the place, look at the cliff edge, it's coming fast, people have their heads in the sand (literally, during the summer fun) about the cost of living as we go into winter.  

Low fucking taxes? How low are they talking? The only way it can make a difference to millions is if there is zero taxation. A small cut here or there will mean nothing to millions. 

Low business taxes are not a bad thing if done correctly.

Have a sliding scale based on realised profits, like we do with PAYE, where anything over expected is hit hardest.

Base this on a ten year average, based on percentage not number.

Then anything over give exemption for these excess’ which show genuine investment  in employment, training or investment which leads to either.

Set up a tax and investigation based unit exclusively on this implementation.

You have growth, employment, investment and safeguards all in one system.

This government stuff is fucking easy.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Not all corporations are the size of energy companies. Some have 1 person in them. The idea is not necessarily to pass savings on (although that can be one thing), but encourage companies to invest money in growing their business that would otherwise be spent on tax. Or it may make it easier for someone to make something here rather than do it abroad because the tax levels are appealing enough - equally it may attract foreign investment here rather than another country. Obviously some companies will just take the money out as profits, but that's the same with any tax cut. The ultimate objective is grow the economy, so you need lower tax rates to raise the same tax overall as a smaller, high tax economy. 

On Andrew Neil's show on C4, he has interviewed Rees mogg. Mogg has said Priti Patel (Cunti Patel?) is a good candidate. She obviously hasn't announced she's standing yet. I could see her winning it. The right would really right around her. The old party members no doubt love her for all the shit normal people hate her for. That would be a depressing outcome eased only by the fact she's thick as shit. 

I fucking LOVE the picture of her in that helmet.

The next time one of my pets dies, or something equally sad, I'm going to find that picture.

It just makes me smile, from deep down inside.

I know I've declared for Tugendforelock, but there is an air of bull-goose-loonery about Truss that's hard to resist.

• Upvote 1