You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Karl_b said:

Just walking home from the England game after getting a ticket at the last minute. That's the third game I've been to and again the atmosphere was great, the football was quality and England fully deserve to be in the final. Brilliant for the game and great for Sheffield too!

Big match beaut.

• Upvote 2

On 26/07/2022 at 07:10, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

If ever there was an image for a cunt footballer it's that prick in mid dive wearing his over the knee socks

I struggle to understand how players like him ever manage to get free kicks or penalties given. Especially when they are as well known as Neymar, it's not like he even does the "he's entitled to go down" soft as fuck falling over thing.

He just cheats and dives with no contact, everyone knows he does and yet refs seem to have no idea in advance and still award things.

Personally, I'd never ever give a foul against a player who tackles him unless I had absolutely zero doubt and had seen it clearly as you know he's a cheating little shitbag. 

45 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

I struggle to understand how players like him ever manage to get free kicks or penalties given. Especially when they are as well known as Neymar, it's not like he even does the "he's entitled to go down" soft as fuck falling over thing.

He just cheats and dives with no contact, everyone knows he does and yet refs seem to have no idea in advance and still award things.

Personally, I'd never ever give a foul against a player who tackles him unless I had absolutely zero doubt and had seen it clearly as you know he's a cheating little shitbag. 

Even then I’d be looking if I could get away without giving it.

13 hours ago, Champ said:

Looked pretty popular from where I’m sitting.

Anything that attracts girls and young women to be physically active is all right by me

It's actually really wonderful on reflection.

That clip of the little girl totally engrossed last night, being celebrated the way it is this morning.  It's great that if she's a little girl who also loves to play football, as well as watch, then new doors are opening for her.  She might even make a career out of it. Unthinkable for previous generations.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

I'm stunned that Neymar has lasted this long as a footballer without somebody giving him a clean uppercut and laying the cunt out!

A despicable shithouse of a player!

Quite the opposite. His teammates seem to workshop him. Remember how they all behaved like he had just died before the semi against the Germans who then promptly proceeded to kick the Brazilians in the cunts? 

48 minutes ago, Moo said:

It's actually really wonderful on reflection.

That clip of the little girl totally engrossed last night, being celebrated the way it is this morning.  It's great that if she's a little girl who also loves to play football, as well as watch, then new doors are opening for her.  She might even make a career out of it. Unthinkable for previous generations.

I hate her.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

I like how Moe is still banging his fuck the women's game gong and Moo is supportive as the country gets behind the girls.

Moe v Moo - and IT's LIVE!

Fuck England and fuck women's football.

HARD

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Moo said:

I don't know why anyone would begrudge or bemoan women's football becoming popular, and consequently young women having more opportunities.  That would be odd.

There are lots of things that are great for men, women, and whatever else you want to call yourself.

There is absolutely NO reason to mix any of it with the men's game unless you are trying to force it onto us.

If you want to read, watch, or listen to anything to to do with women's football, you'll find it quite easily without the need to have it interwoven into every platform that has been used for the last 20 odd years to follow the men's game.

3 minutes ago, m0e said:

There are lots of things that are great for men, women, and whatever else you want to call yourself.

There is absolutely NO reason to mix any of it with the men's game unless you are trying to force it onto us.

If you want to read, watch, or listen to anything to to do with women's football, you'll find it quite easily without the need to have it interwoven into every platform that has been used for the last 20 odd years to follow the men's game.

Are you talking about women pundits and commentators on the men's game? 

What's that got to do with the women's European Championships? Or do you have a problem with it even being mentioned/shown/reported through the same channels that are used for men's football?  That would sound even odder so I'm disinclined to think the latter.

1 hour ago, Moo said:

Are you talking about women pundits and commentators on the men's game? 

What's that got to do with the women's European Championships? Or do you have a problem with it even being mentioned/shown/reported through the same channels that are used for men's football?  That would sound even odder so I'm disinclined to think the latter.

I've got no issues with the women's European Championsips. In the post I replied to, you talked about "women's football", not that particular tournament.

As for your second point, why is that odd that I don't want to see who Chesea women signed right underneath an article about Klopp?

Particularly when they make very little effort (it used to be none a few months back) to distinguish between Chelsea's men and women sides?

10 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

I like how Moe is still banging his fuck the women's game gong and Moo is supportive as the country gets behind the girls.

Moe v Moo - and IT's LIVE!

About time, I haven't had anything to look forward to since the Mook Vs Moof showdown. 

20 minutes ago, m0e said:

I've got no issues with the women's European Championsips. In the post I replied to, you talked about "women's football", not that particular tournament.

As for your second point, why is that odd that I don't want to see who Chesea women signed right underneath an article about Klopp?

Particularly when they make very little effort (it used to be none a few months back) to distinguish between Chelsea's men and women sides?

Right, so you don't have an issue with women's football gaining popularity (hopefully increasingly so), being on the telly, attracting advertising, opening doors to young women that previous generations couldn't have dreamed of?

I think your earlier posts implied you had an issue with the women's game generally, but there could have been some hyperbole in that of course.

It's a bit odd that them sharing newspaper space or webpages seems to bother you so much. I think cricket has no business being anywhere near the main sports pages, but it's not something I'm overly bothered about. I just accept it has an audience who want to see it there and scroll past.

I'm not a particular fan of the women's game on the pitch, it has a long way to go imo.  But to get there it needs greater participation, greater opportunities, greater exposure.  So I'm made up it looks like it's on the right path and that young kids have something new to aspire to.