You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

11 hours ago, Moo said:

Let's face it, the Glazers are not the perfect model of how to run a football club. Does such a thing exist anyway?  Ferguson was holding it all together just like Klopp is for us (imo).  The problems arise when the genius/once in a generation manager goes, and they just can't fucking hack it.  Chopping and changing managers like they're going out of fashion because of dissent amongst a spoilt fanbase.  I said at the time it was a massive mistake to sack Moyes so soon into the job.  I don't believe he would have turned it around for them but that's not the point. The point is they set a precedent that the manager will not get enough time, and round and round they go.

All this laughing at the glazers. It's fucking stupid as it will be us when Klopp goes. They're good owners as long as they get a decent manager. We're fucking fucked if they don't pull another Klopp out of the bag. Simple 

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think City, us, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal are the strongest top 5 in the history of the league. City will still win the league, but the level at the top of the league is very good.

Spurs and Arsenals attacks are superb. I still think they're a level behind us and City and probably Chelsea but I'd be very surprised if then 5 didn't finish top 5 by a distance. 

6 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

How the fuck did we lose to Real Madrid.  They have just taken a lucky lead but they are shit.  They wouldn't finish top 6 in the PL

That's their 2nd team, no Alaba, Casemiro, Modric,  Militao or Carvahal. 

1 minute ago, George Costanza said:

Alaba just scored.  They are still bang average

They're not, they're an excellent side. No weakness in the first XI bar the age of of some. We're better than them but they're far from average.

3 minutes ago, No2 said:

They're not, they're an excellent side. No weakness in the first XI bar the age of of some. We're better than them but they're far from average.

I think they are tbh. I maintain they wouldn't finish top 6 in the PL, their squad is old & slow (except the left winger) Last season even in a weak league they had a lot of unconvincing wins and their wins in CL were due to opponents failures rather than thier quality. PSG & City both threw it away and we simply didn't turn up for the final. 

38 minutes ago, Daisy said:

All this laughing at the glazers. It's fucking stupid as it will be us when Klopp goes. They're good owners as long as they get a decent manager. We're fucking fucked if they don't pull another Klopp out of the bag. Simple 

The Glaziers haven’t put any money into the training facilities or upgrading the stadium for the mancs and our owners don’t take money out of the club like

they do.

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Conte properly shithoused that then. Definitely kept hold of Tuchels hand then blamed him hahahaha 

Looked the other way to me.

Tuchel suits that’s club.
Fucking snide cunt. Tuchel….. not you.

Ah and nevermind saw your reply later in thread.

Carry on.

1 minute ago, RedSand said:

Looked the other way to me.

Tuchel suits that’s club.
Fucking snide cunt. Tuchel….. not you.

Looked like Conte had done it but watching again it was Tuchel. Both snide cunts. Them two, not me and you. 

• Upvote 1

Entertaining match, good result. 

Richarlison is perfect for Spurs--a prick amongst pricks.

Really enjoyed the first match.

Over here, teams don't drop out of the top flight (they may, rarely, move from one city to another). 

So for me, whatever Forest's story, a fan-base supporting a club for 23 years in the relative wilderness deserves a day like today.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I’m on holiday so I watched the game live but nothing else. 

Just looking on BBC, what an over-reaction to the end of game shenanigans. I assume it’s the same on Sky. Fucking handbags at best.

Carra was laughing his head off when it happened saying ‘this is what we want’ (or something similar!)

8 hours ago, Mark M said:

The Glaziers haven’t put any money into the training facilities or upgrading the stadium for the mancs and our owners don’t take money out of the club like

they do.

Neither have FSG. The club are paying for the stadium and training ground