You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

I like Neville, his doom mongering must set the tone at old trafford and every fan goes into the game with the worst of expectations so they will just moan and groan instead of cheering the team on. Keep up the good work Neville its clearly helping the team.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Moo said:

So the only real problem is the leaking roof, which has been fixed? And it once had a mice infestation which has presumably now been resolved too. Apart from that it just sounds like it needs a bit of cosmetic work so it looks a bit nicer.

It's just all about the image for them.  Superficial spoilt twats.

They want the best of everything. They want a stadium like Spurs. Owners like City to spend more millions even though Glazers have spent more. A coach like Klopp or Guardiola who can make the players play to the potential. They want every decision to go in favour of them. Every player to click. Best of everything.

I actually know a person in real life who is similar - wanting the best of everything. She is never happy in life. Similar to Neville....I bet he goes home and cries every night quietly after everyone has gone to sleep.

5 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

They want the best of everything. They want a stadium like Spurs. Owners like City to spend more millions even though Glazers have spent more. A coach like Klopp or Guardiola who can make the players play to the potential. They want every decision to go in favour of them. Every player to click. Best of everything.

I actually know a person in real life who is similar - wanting the best of everything. She is never happy in life. Similar to Neville....I bet he goes home and cries every night quietly after everyone has gone to sleep.

Pure entitlement.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Moo said:

Yes?  What's so bad about it? 

The roof leaked a few years ago and was fixed, and one side is smaller than the rest.  But apart from that he never expands on his assertion that the stadium is in ruins, or whatever emotive tosh he spews on the day.  And no one ever challenges him on it?

He's a fucking crybaby cos they are not having it all their own way.  It's that simple.  And they're all the same.

Nothing apart from it being a little outdated and maybe needing more up to date hospitality suites. It's still the biggest club stadium in Britain, generates tons of money, has better transport links than most grounds outside of London but the way they go on about it you'd think it was worse than Goodison. 

2 hours ago, Carra_is_legend said:

You could be describing our fan base.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Just seen Aouar is off to Forest. I know his form seemingly dipped but that's a shock

It's a good example of perception vs reality.

Loads of supporters of top clubs have been desperate for him to sign for years yet the clubs themselves haven't gone near him, he eventually signs for a relegation candidate.

He might go on to be good for Forrest and end up at a top club but it's the downfall of rating the name over what really matters.

39 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Just seen Aouar is off to Forest. I know his form seemingly dipped but that's a shock

His potential was always contingent on him gaining stamina, discipline and knowing he would have to run more. You can't play centre mid for a top team if you don't understand that, and he never got it. Also, he had some trouble with clubs who were interested in him because there are reports his family has tried to insert themselves into transfer deals to profit. Fekir was the same, that's why he ended up at Betis. 

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Can we all agree that a new rule needs brought in. Any teams who fans do that lower league 'your shit,arghhh' stuff at goalkicks need relegated to league 2

That 100% and banners that are the george cross with team name written across it and any of these additions:

"On tour"

The England Badge (3 lions)

A Poppy

"Til I Die"

They should be immediately destroyed and clubs deducted 1 pt for each banner.