You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

Jesus just got home and put MOTD on. United are properly in trouble. Laughable that Maguire is their main CB. Just amazing. 

The difference in seeing players who just want the ball, wether it's wining it back or asking for it. Anyone who has played lots of 5 a-side will understand why Shankly was so keen on it in training. Simple stuff. Either these players are making a statement or they just don't care. Might have a wank. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Exactly. He was perfectly fine taking money then and was probably blowing Ferguson off when Ferguson announced that Glazers were good owners. 

Fucking weird cunt. He agrees in that video that Ralf was right in saying United need open heart surgery and lots of players but at the very same time argues with Redknapp that 'we cannot keep talking about the players, we know they are bad'. Wtf !!!

It's beautiful though. Loving it !!

The only time I ever remember them protesting against them was around 2008 against AC Milan. Even when Neville left and started as a pundit he was never vocal about them. It's only now that they are shit and City and us are miles ahead of them he's piped up. 

Their fans are also to blame. They would never tolerate FSG because every signing has to be one of the worlds top players with massive transfer fees to make them feel like the self styled biggest club in the world. 

They've bought pretty much who they wanted up until recently, paid players £400k-£500k a week, bought two players for £80m and hired two top established managers. But City have dominated, we've been a close second and other teams have got stronger. They just can't handle being average anymore. 

6 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Their fans are also to blame. They would never tolerate FSG because every signing has to be one of the worlds top players with massive transfer fees to make them feel like the self styled biggest club in the world. 

They've bought pretty much who they wanted up until recently, paid players £400k-£500k a week, bought two players for £80m and hired two top established managers. But City have dominated, we've been a close second and other teams have got stronger. They just can't handle being average anymore. 

Spot on. Forget about FSG, go back to the times when we bought Song, Henchoz, Hyypia et al. They would have never accepted those players and as a result Hyypia would have turned out to be a dud rather than the legend he turned out to be with us.

We make fun of Arsenal, Spurs etc....but there have been plenty of times they accepted their situation at a specific time and signed players who were cheap and affordable rather than going for cunts with big ego. But not these twats, no sir. Their class is all about booing a new manager at HT in the first game of the season.

• Upvote 2

Neville was like a petulant child today.

Wouldn't listen to any reason and just kept on banging the 'owners fault' drum and talking over everybody

Banging on about how they have only spent money the club generates - like doing so is some sort of crime.

The fact is regardless of where it comes from, they have spent both on players and wages incredible amounts of money - and it is down to poor recruitment, poor coaching and management and poor performances, a lack of application, fight and heart from the players that they are where they are.

It amzes me that nobody pulls him up on it properly on sky.

8 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Just a floor manager. I've got a full time job but her uncle works for BT etc full time and got me into it. Do the odd game, it's boss tbh. Today though in that heat..... was at the ground from half twelve. Kick off wasn't until 5:20. 

Nice one mate, knew you had a job hence me being a nosey fucka.

8 hours ago, an tha said:

Neville was like a petulant child today.

Wouldn't listen to any reason and just kept on banging the 'owners fault' drum and talking over everybody

Banging on about how they have only spent money the club generates - like doing so is some sort of crime.

The fact is regardless of where it comes from, they have spent both on players and wages incredible amounts of money - and it is down to poor recruitment, poor coaching and management and poor performances, a lack of application, fight and heart from the players that they are where they are.

It amzes me that nobody pulls him up on it properly on sky.

Souness has pulled him in the past and now Redknapp

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea are going to be really strong this year.  Top four with this squad not going to be the cake walk it's been in previous years 

Yeah it’s going to be a tough season, City will win it at a reasonable canter I think, we’ll be second with Spurs and then one of Arsenal and Chelsea. The points between 2nd and 5th will be tight though. That’s what I reckon anyway. Obviously one or two sides could suffer massive injuries and then things might change but all things being equal that’s how I see it panning out. It won’t be a two horse race 

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Is old Trafford really as bad as he says or is he just jealous of spurs shiny new stadium? 

Yes but not as bad as Anfield was. It was all redeveloped up until 2003 I think and was fine but hasn't been updated since then. They were happy with the fairly new stands and the corporate facilities kept the money rolling in. Ferguson was always on about extending the capacity to 90,000 just as a dick measuring contest against Barcelona and Real Madrid but it involved building the stand that backs onto the railway line.

It's nowhere near as bad as the old Main Stand and Anfield Road end which had wooden seats, shit views and crap concourses. 

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Souness has pulled him in the past and now Redknapp

Yes. Everytime the cunt goes like Graeme Graeme Graeme or Jamie Jamie Jamie or Kelly Kelly Kelly......just doesn't let anyone else talk or question the stupid reason he is trying desperately to give. Even after people point out the stupidity he sticks to the reason he gave initially.

The knob head earns in millions for spouting that kind of rubbish every single week. He is probably on a bonus based contract with Sky that is based on the amount of rubbish he spouts.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

Yes but not as bad as Anfield was. It was all redeveloped up until 2003 I think and was fine but hasn't been updated since then. They were happy with the fairly new stands and the corporate facilities kept the money rolling in. Ferguson was always on about extending the capacity to 90,000 just as a dick measuring contest against Barcelona and Real Madrid but it involved building the stand that backs onto the railway line.

It's nowhere near as bad as the old Main Stand and Anfield Road end which had wooden seats, shit views and crap concourses. 

Yes?  What's so bad about it? 

The roof leaked a few years ago and was fixed, and one side is smaller than the rest.  But apart from that he never expands on his assertion that the stadium is in ruins, or whatever emotive tosh he spews on the day.  And no one ever challenges him on it?

He's a fucking crybaby cos they are not having it all their own way.  It's that simple.  And they're all the same.

This is what Ferguson said 10 years ago whilst Neville was sucking his cock under the table. Not to mention the subsequent purchase of Van Persie and a title win that followed.

The Manchester United manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, has defended his club's owners, the Glazer family, as well as his transfer policy and made a jibe at rivals Manchester City

The Glazer family assumed control at Old Trafford in 2005 but have rarely encountered a trouble-free period in charge.

Factions of support have persistently protested against their ownership owing to concerns over debt levels, with others believing United can no longer match their Premier League rivals in the transfer market as a result.

But speaking during his side's pre-season tour of South Africa, Ferguson has defended the American family.

"I am comfortable with the Glazer situation. They have been great," he said. "They have always backed me whenever I have asked them. I have never faced any opposition.

"They have always been as sensible as they can be in terms of financing the club. They have to invest in the team to maintain the value of their asset.

"I think there are a whole lot of factions at United that think they own the club. They will always be contentious about whoever owns the club, and that's the way it's always been.

"When the Glazers took over here there was dissatisfaction, so there have always been pockets of supporters who have their views. But I think the majority of real fans will look at it realistically and say it's not affecting the team. We've won four championships since they've been there, one European Cup."

15 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Yes. Everytime the cunt goes like Graeme Graeme Graeme or Jamie Jamie Jamie or Kelly Kelly Kelly......just doesn't let anyone else talk or question the stupid reason he is trying desperately to give. Even after people point out the stupidity he sticks to the reason he gave initially.

The knob head earns in millions for spouting that kind of rubbish every single week. He is probably on a bonus based contract with Sky that is based on the amount of rubbish he spouts.

It's like no-one is allowed an opinion on 'his' club.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, m0e said:

It's like no-one is allowed an opinion on 'his' club.

Yup. Sky loves it because when they have 3 or 4 pundits who have valid opinions they need 1 joker to balance things off. Otherwise it will just be too boring with everyone being sensible in the room. They need a Neville. 

They try to tell him directly and indirectly that he is talking rubbish without actually making any point but he doesn't get it because he just doesn't listen. Others then shake their heads and give up. I am sure if similar conversations happened somewhere without live cameras, Keane would have decked him a few times.

Let's face it, the Glazers are not the perfect model of how to run a football club. Does such a thing exist anyway?  Ferguson was holding it all together just like Klopp is for us (imo).  The problems arise when the genius/once in a generation manager goes, and they just can't fucking hack it.  Chopping and changing managers like they're going out of fashion because of dissent amongst a spoilt fanbase.  I said at the time it was a massive mistake to sack Moyes so soon into the job.  I don't believe he would have turned it around for them but that's not the point. The point is they set a precedent that the manager will not get enough time, and round and round they go.

• Upvote 1

The toilet does seem to be in a pretty bad state...

Obviously the rodent infestation refers to the 70,000 rats who attend games there!

Apologies for first source - but seemed most thorough.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9540559/Manchester-United-Glazers-left-Old-Trafford-decay.html

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/11/old-trafford-symbol-manchester-united-faded-grandeur-tired-worn-tottenham-stadium

3 minutes ago, Moo said:

Let's face it, the Glazers are not the perfect model of how to run a football club. Does such a thing exist anyway?  Ferguson was holding it all together just like Klopp is for us (imo).  The problems arise when the genius/once in a generation manager goes, and they just can't fucking hack it.  Chopping and changing managers like they're going out of fashion because of dissent amongst a spoilt fanbase.  I said at the time it was a massive mistake to sack Moyes so soon into the job.  I don't believe he would have turned it around for them but that's not the point. The point is they set a precedent that the manager will not get enough time, and round and round they go.

Agree, sacking Moyes too early was the start of the imbalance.  Top managers are very wary of taking the United job now.  

14 minutes ago, an tha said:

The toilet does seem to be in a pretty bad state...

Obviously the rodent infestation refers to the 70,000 rats who attend games there!

Apologies for first source - but seemed most thorough.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9540559/Manchester-United-Glazers-left-Old-Trafford-decay.html

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/11/old-trafford-symbol-manchester-united-faded-grandeur-tired-worn-tottenham-stadium

So the only real problem is the leaking roof, which has been fixed? And it once had a mice infestation which has presumably now been resolved too. Apart from that it just sounds like it needs a bit of cosmetic work so it looks a bit nicer.

It's just all about the image for them.  Superficial spoilt twats.