You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

22 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

If we aren't going to win the league this year I hope city win it by about 30 points just to show how one sided it is when we don't push them.

This is it. We have legitimised these cheating cunts for too long. Obviously I want us to carry on pushing them all the way. It’s fucking sickening the deliberate ignorance shown by their media slaves. Without our efforts some people would have begun to look at this in a less favourable light. Competitive my fucking arse

20 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Haaland is going to score for fun this season isn't he? 

He's been scoring a goal a game in average sides through his career, and now he's in a top class one. I was only half joking when I said he'd break Dixie Dean's record.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

If we aren't going to win the league this year I hope city win it by about 30 points just to show how one sided it is when we don't push them.

I'd rather us lose by one point than by 30, just to prove some point about how the cards are stacked in City's favour, a point that everyone who follows the PL already knows, whether or not they chose to acknowledge it publicly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jack the Sipper said:

I'd rather us lose by one point than by 30, just to prove some point about how the cards are stacked in City's favour, a point that everyone who follows the PL already knows, whether or not they chose to acknowledge it publicly.

Exactly. Fuck losing the title by 30 points. Take the fight to the last day again as an absolute minimum!

Just now, Carra_is_legend said:

Yup, nothing to do with us not losing a game for weeks and months....fucking hell.

Oh yeah, we did well not to lose a league game for however many months, but they had such a big cushion built by then, there was no pressure. We didn't even put pressure on them when they were 2 down to Villa!

They had a 14 point lead over us around Christmas and the New Year last season. But for Matip deflecting De Bruyne's shot past Alli that he'd otherwise save all day, we were a few minutes from beating them last season, a result that would have seen us go on and win the title.

Such are fine margins and also why keepers dont like defenders only getting a partial block on shots and deflecting the flight of the ball. But I dont get why some are throwing in the towel, one game into the season and they have a 2 point lead.

Ive said before, this season is going to be like no other because of the World Cup being in the middle of it and causing the league to stop for 6 weeks.

39 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

But I dont get why some are throwing in the towel, one game into the season and they have a 2 point lead.

We've dropped points against a newly promoted side, we have a mounting number of injuries and we will have to play more games than we normally play in September and October. The loss of Mane for us is massive, our front three is weaker than last season whereas City's looks stronger.

Unless Haaland gets injured and Man City get a lot more injuries, I can't see us getting more points than them this season.

3 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

You need to go back to Weber, matey. That or sarcasm school.

You made a Bob Paisley reference in the year 2022 in a discussion about Graham Potter. I'm not sure where you need to go back to not say weird shite like that, but go back there.

I suppose it boils down to how you feel about these questions...

1. Do you think to win title we will need to be at least as good or even better than we were last season?

2. If no then what kind of pts tally do you think will win it?

If yes, do you think we will be and what kind of pts tally are you expecting?

Me....

1. I think that yes we will need to be at least as good as last season and i fully expect us to need around 95 pts to win title.

2. I think we will get around 90 pts - but it won't be enough.....fucking mad and irritating it is even a thing that 90 pts plus may not be - probably won't be enough again.

City won and Haaland scored against a depleted West Ham who were forced to field players carrying knocks.

This game will decide the outcome of this year's Premier League. City will amass over a hundred points, Haaland will score 61 league goals, Grealish will win both PFA and FWA Player of the Year awards and Guardiola will be awarded a honorary knighthood for services to creative accountancy. *

*Subject to change after two games have been played.

We were poor yesterday but no massive shock that a newly promoted club playing at home against us isn't going to make life hard. It was a fair result but we could have nicked it. The biggest positive is that Nunez looks terrific. The biggest annoyance is that we will either win the league or be within 5 points of City and dropping points like this cost us a title last season. Plenty of time to make it right though.

Anyhow, our fixtures look far trickier than City over the next few weeks. We just need to come through these games and be within 3 points of the fuckers by the time it breaks for the world cup. This year will be unique in that certain clubs could be massively impacted by certain teams going far...Belgium and Portugal hopefully go a long way because that will impact City. Like other years, a big injury to say De Bruyne gives a 7-8 point swing. Same if we lose say Virgil, Fabinho or Mo to be fair.

They pipped us twice by one point. There is literally nothing between us. Fingers crossed Bernardo Silva leaves because he is a cracking player. We learnt nothing about City today. Great side and Haaland is a brilliant player but I genuinely think that they have a poorer squad now than they previously had. Jesus and Sterling were worth a lot of goals to them and Zinchenko is decent. 

Lets sort our shit out and not get all Evertonian. We have only ourselves to blame for being two points off them. I trust the lads to get their shit together and learn from yesterday.

• Upvote 1