You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

10 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Is something weird happening at Man City?

I was saying this to my mate yesterday something odd seems to be going on.

I expect incomings, seems strange the number of high profile exits. Fernandinho was expected but to sell Sterling, Jesus, looking ever more likely Bernardo Silva and telling Gundogan he’s free to leave, all in the same window doesn’t feel right.

I’ve read they have high hopes for Cole Palmer (attacking midfielder) and James McAtee (midfielder), maybe they see them filling the roles in the squad. They’ve won 4/5 titles, they likely feel they can still win games while giving more youngsters a chance. 

Has anyone noticed how City only release in-house videos of player interviews, even new signings? Anyone would think they want to manage exactly what these players are asked so there’s no awkward questions. 

They then cry that they get a bad press. One of the reasons we get good press coverage since Klopp came in is that we give lots of access to the media for interviews with Jurgen and our players. But then we aren’t a completely paranoid club trying to cover our tracks.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, alles ist gut said:

It's probably vaccination status like @aws says, but, unlike Chelsea, they don't feel like sharing that fact with the proles, or else their player contracts require it to be kept secret.

Didn't even cross my mind (even after mentioning Kante in a post a few days ago).

Makes sense.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

I expect incomings, seems strange the number of high profile exits. Fernandinho was expected but to sell Sterling, Jesus, looking ever more likely Bernardo Silva and telling Gundogan he’s free to leave, all in the same window doesn’t feel right.

I’ve read they have high hopes for Cole Palmer (attacking midfielder) and James McAtee (midfielder), maybe they see them filling the roles in the squad. They’ve won 4/5 titles, they likely feel they can still win games while giving more youngsters a chance. 

£30mill for Zinchenko from Arsenal looking likely as well. He's shit.

10 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Maybe they've caught wind that the net is about to tighten regarding the Premier Leagues investigation into their FFP dealings. So they're rushing to become compliant again to minimise the potential punishment. 

10 hours ago, an tha said:

A multi millionaire getting his tattoos done by some backstreet tattoo shop for about £50....

State of this ..

FX43CZOWIAEgzgA?format=jpg&name=medium

If he had a bigger beer belly, he’d look like a Brexit voting gammon strutting up and down the beach in Benidorm. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, an tha said:

A multi millionaire getting his tattoos done by some backstreet tattoo shop for about £50....

State of this ..

FX43CZOWIAEgzgA?format=jpg&name=medium

He should be wearing Lonsdale and falling out of a Weatherspoon's talking about his bitch of an ex with a tattoo like that.

7 hours ago, Reckoner said:
Fucking state of this cunt. Camera cut away just as he was about to mention Benitez resting players in 2007, causing catastrophic climate change.

So the daft cunt was cycling during the hottest part of the day (if the time stamp is when he was cycling)? 

13 hours ago, Reckoner said:
Fucking state of this cunt. Camera cut away just as he was about to mention Benitez resting players in 2007, causing catastrophic climate change.

Has Warnock dropped massive hint about new health czar role following crucial and significant heatwave advice?