You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PODCAST: Anfield’s greatest ever goals, and Salah new deal reaction

tlw content

Anfield’s best ever goal? A Suarez special? A Mo-ment of magic? Or a beauty from Barnes? The TLW lads all have their say on the best goals ever scored by Liverpool at Anfield.

Between the sweeping team goals, memorable thunderbastards, and those goals that just meant more, we crown an overall top five strikes to grace the old stadium.

Chris Smith is joined by TLW’s John Gallagher and Dave Usher as we also celebrate the news Mo Salah has signed a new three-year contract with the Reds.

View full article

• Upvote 1

• Chris pinned this topic
8 minutes ago, Razoray said:

Really enjoyed that. Thanks again

Chris, unfortunately that 1st Torres goal,  he didn't put Terry on his arse. It was that bum Tal Ben Haim. It was a great goal and the ball from Stevie was superb, but the fact that it wasn't Terry might take a little shine off it. 

https://youtu.be/RUo2PgbqqqE

Ah man, amazing the things your mind convinces you are correct over time! 

• Upvote 1

3 'ifithadntbinfer' nominations:

- Suarez v Arsenal goes in off the post. No real explanation necessary. 

- Alisson's goal was the same (even no fans) bar the stadium. 

- Torres' reverse back-heel past Cannavaro that forced a brilliant save from the great Iker Casillas. That had every box ticked except the finish! 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Razoray said:

Really enjoyed that. Thanks again

Chris, unfortunately that 1st Torres goal,  he didn't put Terry on his arse. It was that bum Tal Ben Haim. It was a great goal and the ball from Stevie was superb, but the fact that it wasn't Terry might take a little shine off it. 

https://youtu.be/RUo2PgbqqqE

I knew it wasn't Terry and almost corrected Chris on it. I didn't, and now I'm really fucking glad because I'd have looked like a huge tool as I thought it was Ivanovic!

None of us mentioned Thiago's goal against Porto, so that's a big oversight on our part. Not necessarily top three but it merited a mention.

Also, John saying Aerosmith instead of Alice Cooper will forever haunt him. I don't think he slept last night stressing over that.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, A_S said:

3 'ifithadntbinfer' nominations:

- Suarez v Arsenal goes in off the post. No real explanation necessary. 

- Alisson's goal was the same (even no fans) bar the stadium. 

- Torres' reverse back-heel past Cannavaro that forced a brilliant save from the great Iker Casillas. That had every box ticked except the finish! 

Carra hitting the post in his last game. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Carra hitting the post in his last game. 

I said that on the pod. Would defo have been top three if that had gone in because he'd have just ran off the field and subbed himself immediately.

• Upvote 1

Enjoyable as ever. Dave bemoaning long range goals as lucky and should never be in a top 3, and then bigging up a bunch of long range goals was about as predictable as him refusing to talk about Torres goals to then speak at length about a Torres goal. 

I liked JGs idea of picking 3 different types of goals in his top 3 - long range, team, and then individual. Barnes v QPR would have been my 1st too. 

But I think in the 10 years time it’ll be Salahs from the season just gone that’ll sit atop my list. It just feels a bit recent at the moment. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Enjoyable as ever. Dave bemoaning long range goals as lucky and should never be in a top 3, and then bigging up a bunch of long range goals was about as predictable as him refusing to talk about Torres goals to then speak at length about a Torres goal. 

I liked JGs idea of picking 3 different types of goals in his top 3 - long range, team, and then individual. Barnes v QPR would have been my 1st too. 

But I think in the 10 years time it’ll be Salahs from the season just gone that’ll sit atop my list. It just feels a bit recent at the moment. 

Dave's walking contradiction act was again evident in his vow that Torres wasn't here long enough to merit discussion before lauding Suarez endlessly. 

Torres: 142 games.

Suarez: 133 games.

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, Chris said:

Dave's walking contradiction act was again evident in his vow that Torres wasn't here long enough to merit discussion before lauding Suarez endlessly. 

Torres: 142 games.

Suarez: 133 games.

The last 60 games or so of Torres don't count as he'd already checked out, the absolute fucking cunt. Fuck him in the ear. And fuck him in the other ear, the son of a bitch.

23 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

Disingenuous!

I didn't 'big up' a bunch of long range goals. The Molby one was so unique it needed to be paid due respect. That's the only one I seriously considered for top three. I mentioned a couple of long rangers from opponents but thats because they were the only good ones I could remember. I can't even remember my three picks from this podcast let alone goals we've conceded over the years.

Not even joking there. I know I picked Terry Mc and Aldo but I genuinely can't remember what my third pick was. Pretty worrying that really!

I didn't speak 'at length' about any Torres goal either. I said very little about the twat.

Using John's forumala

Long Range -

1 Molby v Norwich

2 Gerrard v United

3 Mellor v Arsenal

Team Goal -

1 Terry Mc v Spurs

2 Salah v City

3 Salah v United

Individual -

1 Mo v City last season

2 Barnes v QPR

3 Mo v Spurs

5 minutes ago, dave u said:

Disingenuous!

I didn't 'big up' a bunch of long range goals. The Molby one was so unique it needed to be paid due respect. That's the only one I seriously considered for top three. I mentioned a couple of long rangers from opponents but thats because they were the only good ones I could remember. I can't even remember my three picks from this podcast let alone goals we've conceded over the years.

Not even joking there. I know I picked Terry Mc and Aldo but I genuinely can't remember what my third pick was. Pretty worrying that really!

I didn't speak 'at length' about any Torres goal either. I said very little about the twat.

Your favourite goal was some spawny 35 yarder from a mid ‘90s grock. You’re a disgrace. 

2 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Your favourite goal was some spawny 35 yarder from a mid ‘90s grock. You’re a disgrace. 

Favourite, not best or greatest. 

Don't twist my words, Heavey. You're the only disgrace around here, you word twister.

Great Pod lads, was listening in the car and missheard Chris' story about meeting his missus after his colonoscopy.  For a minute I thought he'd dashed out to the car park mid way through the procedure shouting "Mo's signed" I imagined him stumbling across to the car park in a surgical gown with a tube hanging out of his arse !

Thinking about the greatest goals at Anfield, the ones that stick in my mind are the emotional ones and being there is a big thing too. I remember when Rushie scored his first goal against the mancs and sending us on the way to a win that would deny them the league in 92, Barnes Oxford goal becuase it shut down some racist disckhead in the kop in front of us and Mellors against Arsenal because it was a brilliant comeback.

I was at that Supercup match Dave referenced too and was right in front of that McMahon header at the Kop.  Defo one of the best headed goals Ive seen because it was the edge of the box and like a shot !

• Upvote 3

• dave u unpinned this topic