You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW Second Club

To be clear, the idea was to have a thread where we can chat about some foreign team and its results, players and goings on.

Could have been a team in the Bolivian league, MLS, Swiss league or something. Just thought it would be interesting. It's not like we would be supporting them like we support Liverpool. 

Dulwich Hamlet is a lovely club to follow. Partly owned by fans, real big and active on anti-racism activities. Champion Hill is a nice ground with good food truck options and watching the footy from the bar drinking proper Guinness is a very enjoyable. Crouchie played a couple of games for them when he started out.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Street Preacher said:

I know a few of us will already have favourite second teams or teams we have soft spots for, but I thought maybe somehow we could pick a team to follow and talk about through the season. 

Not sure how we'd go about it, whether a poll would be best or not. Could we whittle it down to a league first and then pick from there? 

Any thoughts? 

I’m sure every one would agree to care for Brest….

8 hours ago, an tha said:

Absolutely fucking no.

A strange, strange concept in my book.

Whats strange about showing an interest in some team in a completely different league that will never play Liverpool? I think its an interesting idea, could have a boss "away" every year at some 4th division Portuguese league and baffle the locals

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

Whats strange about showing an interest in some team in a completely different league that will never play Liverpool? I think its an interesting idea, could have a boss "away" every year at some 4th division Portuguese league and baffle the locals

In my book everything.

Comes over a bit soccer am or baddiel and skinner fantasy football league to me.

But to each their own i suppose.

14 hours ago, aRdja said:

Dulwich Hamlet is a lovely club to follow. Partly owned by fans, real big and active on anti-racism activities. Champion Hill is a nice ground with good food truck options and watching the footy from the bar drinking proper Guinness is a very enjoyable. Crouchie played a couple of games for them when he started out.

Used to see a lot of Dulwich Hamlet in the late 90's when I followed Aylesbury United around the non league pyramid. Whilst a well known club, they didnt have the following they have now but I do remember one of their fans who did look like Jocky Wilson. Sadly I dont think he is with us anymore. 

• Upvote 1