You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If we were to sign one more player....

If we were to make one more signing.....  

100 members have voted

1. 1. If we were to make one more signing this summer, would you go for a midfielder or a forward

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I can't even remember what the point was, it was about 2 days ago and I've been smashed twice since then. You just seem to want to show we bid 80m for a player we didn't bid 80m for so it has no bearing to any point. 

I didn't say we bid 80 million for him, I said we made a bid.

If you want to argue that point on a technicality that you have nothing to back it with other than "the Liverpool press" then that's fine.

Your point was that we use the excuse of waiting for a player to not sign anyone.

It's total and utter bollocks.

VVD, Konate, Keita and Diaz are all proof.

9 minutes ago, m0e said:

I didn't say we bid 80 million for him, I said we made a bid.

If you want to argue that point on a technicality that you have nothing to back it with other than "the Liverpool press" then that's fine.

Your point was that we use the excuse of waiting for a player to not sign anyone.

It's total and utter bollocks.

VVD, Konate, Keita and Diaz are all proof.

Mate, I can't be arsed discussing it. As I said, I can't even remember what the original point was. 

21 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Mate, I can't be arsed discussing it. As I said, I can't even remember what the original point was. 

That's the most sensible you've been since you came back to the forum.

We announced the Nunez signing on 14th June and pretty much all the journos said “After Ramsay, Liverpool are done”.

I do wonder if that “Liverpool are done” was on the basis Mo was leaving, ie we were saving money for next summer when we had to replace him. 

Signing a new midfielder would obviously be preferable.

Why are we talking about a player like this as we dont buy these types of players? He will cost a packet,is English and therefore will cost even more and he's hardly an unknown quantity either. While we've paid a good whack for Nunez we've built clauses into his transfer and contract and he is still a bit of a risk as well as his transfer has been financed by Mane's. I don't see where the funds would even come from for this so its a gigantic pie in the sky for me.

11 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Why are we talking about a player like this as we dont buy these types of players? He will cost a packet,is English and therefore will cost even more and he's hardly an unknown quantity either. While we've paid a good whack for Nunez we've built clauses into his transfer and contract and he is still a bit of a risk as well as his transfer has been financed by Mane's. I don't see where the funds would even come from for this so its a gigantic pie in the sky for me.

Not what I'm hearing and my source is well trusted in a Shooter kind of way.