You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pre-season 2022

JohnnyH

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

Not my 'fight' but as i understand it, it would be....

Alisson, Kelleher, Oxlade, Ramsay, Konate, Jota, Tsimikas.

Not necessarily my fighter either to be fair. However that makes seven players. Though we don’t know the severity. Alli back for the weekend all being well.

So yeah that’s quite a few but m0e probably think seven players isn’t a great deal.

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Not certain what we gained from that apart from an injury to Konate, perhaps?

Gomez looked sharp and quick.

Carvalho was good again.

Nice cameo from Musiałowski.

Elliott is so keen to impress he's rushing everything.

Disappointing in general.

3 minutes ago, Freddo said:

Not necessarily my fighter either to be fair. However that makes seven players. Though we don’t know the severity. Alli back for the weekend all being well.

So yeah that’s quite a few but m0e probably think seven players isn’t a great deal.

Hopefully outside Oxlade and Jota all will be back very soon.

Not sure about Konate - read some stuff saying looked bad.

5 minutes ago, an tha said:

Hopefully outside Oxlade and Jota all will be back very soon.

Not sure about Konate - read some stuff saying looked bad.

Let’s hope so. All looked pretty innocuous for ibou to be fair. Maybe a slight extension and played on for a good five minutes passing the ball etc. 

Be an interesting update on the injury front soon.

46 minutes ago, an tha said:

Not my 'fight' but as i understand it, it would be....

Alisson, Kelleher, Oxlade, Ramsay, Konate, Jota, Tsimikas.

Alisson is in full training and back for Fulham.

Of the rest, none are needed until we're playing 3 games a week in mid-September

We played our full first team versus City, and brought on Nunez, Elliott, Keita, Carvalho, Jones and Milner, with Gomez to spare.

That drama queen just wanted to have a hissy fit without paying attention to what's really happening.

15 minutes ago, m0e said:

Of the rest, none are needed until we're playing 3 games a week in mid-September

We played our full first team versus City, and brought on Nunez, Elliott, Keita, Carvalho, Jones and Milner, with Gomez to spare.

That drama queen just wanted to have a hissy fit without paying attention to what's really happening.

We have potentially seven players out, maybe eight with jones. That will give klopp and his staff cause for concern and it is quite legitimate for fans to also be a touch concerned.

Or can’t you take someone having a different take on it. Yes we know Alli will probably be back and don’t know the severity of others but to have this amount out will cause us a headache to a degree.

Drama queen, really, not much better on here than yourself. It’s about time you paid attention I’d say. 

19 minutes ago, m0e said:

From this to this, unbelievable Jeff.

images.jpeg.jpg

images.jpeg-1.jpg

20 minutes ago, Freddo said:

We have potentially seven players out, maybe eight with jones. That will give klopp and his staff cause for concern and it is quite legitimate for fans to also be a touch concerned.

Or can’t you take someone having a different take on it. Yes we know Alli will probably be back and don’t know the severity of others but to have this amount out will cause us a headache to a degree.

Drama queen, really, not much better on here than yourself. It’s about time you paid attention I’d say. 

al-pacino-godfather.gif

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, m0e said:

Jota is only one that i worry about.

It is a recurrence of a hamstring injury and a fairly 'bad one' and we all know what can happen with recurring hamstring problems.

Hopefully he recovers fully and hopefully it isn't an issue for him going forward - can be really debilitating if a player has a problem there, physically of course but also mentally.

• 11 months later...

Can’t be arsed starting a new thread, here is out preseason schedule…

IMG_9534.jpeg

IMG_9535.jpeg

IMG_9536.jpeg

…have to admit I was expecting more than 5 games, especially as the opposition we’re against seems somewhat weak.

Looks like the sort of pre-season City have been having - only a handful of matches but more intense training games and situations. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Can’t be arsed starting a new thread, here is out preseason schedule…

IMG_9534.jpeg

IMG_9535.jpeg

IMG_9536.jpeg

…have to admit I was expecting more than 5 games, especially as the opposition we’re against seems somewhat weak.

Looks like the sort of pre-season City have been having - only a handful of matches but more intense training games and situations. 

It is enough games as long as players are in for full period of training and main players actually play most of those games.

Should be case - only ones who might be in later/be managed a bit are those who have been at that u21 shite.