You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pre-season 2022

JohnnyH

Do we know when they’re back for training? 

Is the Charity Shield considered part of pre-season?

Does @dave u do match reports for preseason games? (think he should so it gets that desperately depressing last match report off the front pages) 

Is it “pre-season” or “preseason”?

Will Klopp make it to December?

41 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Do we know when they’re back for training? 

Is the Charity Shield considered part of pre-season?

Does @dave u do match reports for preseason games? (think he should so it gets that desperately depressing last match report off the front pages) 

Is it “pre-season” or “preseason”?

Will Klopp make it to the border of Mexico?

July 2nd, no (or yes), Charity Shield (usually), yes (or no), if he rides like the wind.

543612C1-08C3-442A-B954-B29C8CC80608.jpeg

FBC5930D-38C9-49F7-8B2E-4F616B94992A.png

I do wonder if we’d have agreed to these fixtures if we knew Palace and the mancs would be 2 of our first 3 league games.

We do love games against the Red Bull sides. Given they are our continent Southampton, probably just a scouting mission on Nknuku. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

Don't see the point in playing Premier League opposition in pre-season(other than the obvious money argument).

Crystal Palace has a huge following in Singapore…

My mate is off to the Man Utd game in Bangkok. Given the stand up wholesome bloke he is, I’m sure that the only reason he’ll be visiting Bangkok.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Crystal Palace has a huge following in Singapore…

My mate is off to the Man Utd game in Bangkok. Given the stand up wholesome bloke he is, I’m sure that the only reason he’ll be visiting Bangkok.

Are you suggesting he's going to bang some kok? 

I know it's infinitely more profitable for us to go to North America and South East Asia, but it would be ace if one year we had a South American tour where we take on Boca, River, Flamengo, Sao Paolo, Penarol etc.

I suppose the opposition may play it like a cup final though, which wouldn't help our preparations and there might be security concerns.

35 minutes ago, Moctezuma said:

I know it's infinitely more profitable for us to go to North America and South East Asia, but it would be ace if one year we had a South American tour where we take on Boca, River, Flamengo, Sao Paolo, Penarol etc.

I suppose the opposition may play it like a cup final though, which wouldn't help our preparations and there might be security concerns.

I'm sure we could play sides like that in North America though. 

40 minutes ago, Moctezuma said:

I think our pre-season is mid-season for them so it might be difficult to make it work. 

2 hours ago, Moctezuma said:

Fuck that, they usually beat us 

51 minutes ago, aws said:

To be honest, I'd be happy to have another two months or so before it all starts again. 

I agree. The end of last season was draining (being out all day and drinking heavily every 3/4 days) and then obviously ended on a very sour note all round.

Apart from the last week, I wouldn't have had it any other way though.

8 hours ago, Aventus said:

I think our pre-season is mid-season for them so it might be difficult to make it work. 

Yup this is more likely to be the issue, though I do remember Boca playing in that tournament Arsenal hold each summer.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/19-reds-return-pre-season-start-monday

Liverpool will begin their pre-season programme when 19 senior players return to the AXA Training Centre on Monday.

The Reds preparation for the 2022/23 campaign are set to get underway with initial sessions in Kirkby before the tour of Bangkok and Singapore that starts next weekend. Summer  arrivals Fabio Carvalho and Calvin Ramsay will be among those beginning work under Jürgen Klopp and his coaches this coming week.

Liverpool will face Manchester United on July 12 and Crystal Palace three days later, before fixtures at RB Leipzig on July 21 and Red Bull Salzburg on July 27. They take on Manchester City in the Community Shield on July 30 - at King Power Stadium - and wrap up their pre-season schedule against RC Strasbourg at Anfield the following day.

The remaining members of the squad will join pre-season training later in the week following their international commitments during the summer.

Returning players for July 4th

Adrian, Davies, Kelleher; van den Berg, Carvalho, Diaz, Elliott, Firmino, Gomez, Henderson, Konaté, Matip, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Phillips, Ramsay, Thiago, N. Williams, R. Williams, 

I preferred the days when pre season was just something that happened without all the bullshit that happens now and you might have seen a couple of lines in the echo about the pre season games at most.

Only really paid it any attention at all/it was news was when the charity shield came around.

Better days.