You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Which player will you be saddest to see leave?

Aventus

We'll have an unbeatable Legends team in 10 years.

I get what everybody means being sad when players leave, these days we aren't like Alonso, Mascherano, Suarez, Sterling go and the arse falls out the side. These days, it's on our terms and we'll come back again.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Scott_M said:

We'll have an unbeatable Legends team in 10 years.

I get what everybody means being sad when players leave, these days we aren't like Alonso, Mascherano, Suarez, Sterling go and the arse falls out the side. These days, it's on our terms and we'll come back again.

Our best players used to leave because they felt that they couldn't achieve what they wanted to achieve if they'd stayed; they always left us with a sense of what might have been and, occasionally, a sense of betrayal. It's just not like that now.

• Upvote 1

The answer to the question has a lot to do with how they leave, doesn't it?

I mean, if Trent plays with us for 12 more years and then retires at 35, I'll be sad he's out of the team, but I won't exactly mourn. Alternatively, if Klopp leaves and then he publicly demands a transfer to Madrid because they're offering to double his wage, well, then I'll walk him to the door myself. So neither of those two scenarios would be that sad.

But if he really wants to stay but 2 years from now City offer us 150m and FSG decide to take the money because they calculate he's not worth that much, that would make me really, really sad.

• 8 months later...
On 23/06/2022 at 22:04, Aventus said:

With Sadio and Divock now gone it's feeling like the beginning of the end of an era. We've had some amazing times with these lads, but unfortunately they won't be around forever. 

Which player do you think is going cause a bit of dust in your eye when they inevitably say goodbye? 

For me it's got to be Bobby, here since the beginning, always grafted for the team and didn't mind the lads either side having the spotlight. Always looked like he was having so much fun too. I'm not ready for it, I'm going to miss him and his blinding smile when he goes, and I hope he has at least one more big season of the old Bobby still in him before his send off. 

Now I'm sad. 

• Upvote 1