You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Which player will you be saddest to see leave?

Aventus

With Sadio and Divock now gone it's feeling like the beginning of the end of an era. We've had some amazing times with these lads, but unfortunately they won't be around forever. 

Which player do you think is going cause a bit of dust in your eye when they inevitably say goodbye? 

For me it's got to be Bobby, here since the beginning, always grafted for the team and didn't mind the lads either side having the spotlight. Always looked like he was having so much fun too. I'm not ready for it, I'm going to miss him and his blinding smile when he goes, and I hope he has at least one more big season of the old Bobby still in him before his send off. 

• Upvote 1

Van Dijk. Allison second but Van Dijk was the turning point. From his debut we were pretty much the finished article for what Klopp wanted. We were absolutely battering sides from then on and apart from City we've been head and shoulders above the rest with him ever since. He's a colossus of a centre back who would be comfortable next to any other defender in history. 

If he didn't get injured against Everton we wouldn't have finished 17 points off City that season. We should have retained the title. I think we would have with him fit. 

Honestly since we won the league I can’t see me getting sad over any of them, not properly sad like I have in the past over the likes of Suarez, Xabi or Torres.

when each of them left, a little of my hope id get to watch us lift the league trophy left with them.

Sadio was at least an equal to if not better for us than those three and I’m not sad he’s left in the same way. I’m happy for what he gave us.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

As has already been said. None of them. I no longer get attached to players. 

The only person i will be sad to see go is Klopp eventually.

This. Torres was the last who fully had my heart.

My capacity to love men who look dashing in a red shirt was forever diminished by his defection to Chelsea.

His wasn’t the first cut, that was Souness leaving for Sampdoria. It sure was deep though. 

42 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

This. Torres was the last who fully had my heart.

My capacity to love men who look dashing in a red shirt was forever diminished by his defection to Chelsea.

His wasn’t the first cut, that was Souness leaving for Sampdoria. It sure was deep though. 

Yeah nothing will top that for me. Maybe it's an age thing as well. Fowler was the one before that when he went to Leeds. 

Torres and Suarez were depressing moments, a realisation that we're not good enough to retain the very best. Fowler was more anger with the manager for not playing him, still haven't forgiven him for that.

Sadio and Mo are different, its much more civilised, grown ups acting like grown ups. My kids already know Mo is off next year, they won't have the pain I had when had with McManaman or Owen.

Klopp is one that will sting most, he's the man that can make Sadio leaving seem OK by just uttering beautiful words. Who's gonna say the right things to prepare us when Jurgen goes?

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

If he didn't get injured against Everton we wouldn't have finished 17 points off City that season. We should have retained the title. I think we would have with him fit. 

A theory I put forward (on the FSG thread) is that if the T-Rex cunt had clattered Robbo instead, we had a more than able deputy. We would have had Virg and could have managed Joel better, so he wouldn't have been out for so long. We would have pissed it.