You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Vieira's dive

Brownie

There was no threat of contact! His leg came out yes but he pulled it back straight away, Vieira went down about 2 seconds after 'it'. I dont even know why im saying 'it' because there was no 'it'!

It was a disgrace and your the first person ive heard who believes he shouldn't have been booked.

I’ve played football for a number of years. When, in the corner of your eye, you see a leg coming against your knee, you just don’t want your feet to be glued to the ground, you let them go the sooner the better. It’s the only way to avoid injury. It may look like a dive when the challenge is withheld, still falling is the sensible thing to do. Had the ball gone to another arse-player I would have given a freekick to our side.

Yellow card – hmmm…. I’m not going to sit here on this beautiful day defending arses, so I change my mind here and now. The arse cheat should have been sent off. Good to see us beat them at their full strength all match though.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ban takes place 7 days after the 5th booking...therir next game is 6 days time .

Ref was a disgrace ,he bottled a sure penalty and bottled it with the sending off as well.Pardoxically the sending off would've been to arsenal advantage cos then the automatic next game ban would've meant he cud play against teh village people

can't agree with you there Gav, I thought the ref had a decent game. One of the best I've seen this season. As for the penalty I've seen them given but mostly I've seen that type not given ( unless it's at OT and a flying pig is involved!!)

Yep you are correct that Viera shoulda got a second yellow but I guess the ref thought that given the occassion it was not worth a sending off- that's debatable.

can't agree with you there Gav, I thought the ref had a decent game. One of the best I've seen this season. As for the penalty I've seen them given but mostly I've seen that type not given ( unless it's at OT and a flying pig is involved!!)

Yep you are correct that Viera shoulda got a second yellow but I guess the ref thought that given the occassion it was not worth a sending off- that's debatable.

Wiley had a very good game i would say. The game was fluent and great to watch, he also had the players respect, and none of them seemed to bitch and moan for hours on end like they often do. He missed the penalty, but so did I, I didnt really see Toure catching Gerrards knee before Rush mentioned it at half time when watching the replays. Vieira might have gotten a second yellow also. But the ref doesnt have to make the right call every single time to have a good game, the two points i mentioned first in this post are a lot more important.

There was no threat of contact! His leg came out yes but he pulled it back straight away, Vieira went down about 2 seconds after 'it'. I dont even know why im saying 'it' because there was no 'it'!

It was a disgrace and your the first person ive heard who believes he shouldn't have been booked.

2nd read mine above.

He had 3 big decisions to make in the whole game ,1st was a penalty against Toure which he bottled,

2nd was The booking off Viera , which he looked initially like he was going to let go but he gave the correct decision

3rd was the Viera dive .Again he bottled it.

that doesn't seem to me that a ref had a good game .The players gave him only 3 problems all game .He fluffed 2 of em

Spades and shovels are for the grovelling masses. The Rafalution has The Boot of Mellor.

Oh, and Dudek would never have gotten the ball as far Kirkland. CK has been healthy now for a lifetime it seems. It is unfortunate that Dudek, from the birthplace of Solidarity Union, may not be around to enjoy the fruits that are ripening to be picked.

Just to add my comments on this.

Gerrard was a stone wall penalty end of toiure left his leg out and connected with SG mid flow penalty.

Vierra, i wasnt at game so i got the advantage of rerererererun of the incident.

When he went down he actually was waving his hands as if to say he fell and wasnt tackled.

So it looked like a dive but as he slid along the ground he was gesturing that he wasnt touched, and he didnt get up and go mad like he would have done if he thought he was fouled.

I think Viera not getting sent off probably cost them the match. With ten men they would have shut up shop (they are used to playing with less than 11) and the brave Harry and the Gerd would have not got the chance to provide one of the finest moments in many a long year.

Just Tosh said: "I’ve played football for a number of years. When, in the corner of your eye, you see a leg coming against your knee, you just don’t want your feet to be glued to the ground, you let them go the sooner the better."

Hmm. I guess that makes you a dirty filthy horrible cheating cowardly cunt as well as the 'orrible frenchman then eh.

If you did something like that, just in our work team, then you'd get filled in. And rightly so.

Absolutely disgusting. It should carry a 10 match ban imo. Watch it fucking disappear overnight then!

Don't think Gerrard's was a dive, but Kewell's looked an embarassingly bad dive to me. Havent seen a replay but i thought the shithouse did a swan dive.

Kewell didn't dive, I was 10 yards from the incident and he there was deffo contact. It appeared to me like a penalty but given the ball was going away from the goal that may have made the ref's mind up for him. If it was a dive then the ref should have booked kewell. The fact he didn't suggests that he felt it was just a simple tangling of legs.

Kewell didn't dive, I was 10 yards from the incident and he there was deffo contact. It appeared to me like a penalty but given the ball was going away from the goal that may have made the ref's mind up for him. If it was a dive then the ref should have booked kewell. The fact he didn't suggests that he felt it was just a simple tangling of legs.

tbh, although I know there was contact, it was pretty obvious the contact was deliberate on Kewell's part and he was looking for the pen......

3 quite seperate incidents of a player deliberately going down to gain an advantage. Kewell's was clever, Gerrards understandable but Viera's was disgusting!

Just Tosh said: "I’ve played football for a number of years. When, in the corner of your eye, you see a leg coming against your knee, you just don’t want your feet to be glued to the ground, you let them go the sooner the better."

Hmm. I guess that makes you a dirty filthy horrible cheating cowardly cunt as well as the 'orrible frenchman then eh.

If you did something like that, just in our work team, then you'd get filled in. And rightly so.

Absolutely disgusting. It should carry a 10 match ban imo. Watch it fucking disappear overnight then!

Being the dirty filthy horrible cheating cowardly cunt must be bad I guess. Being filled in by Tom and his workmates sounds deadly frightening. But faced with the possibility of a twisted knee I believe I’d have no option, I’d definitely go down the cunt-coward road. I’d owe it to my team, after all it’s not my knee, it belongs to my team right?

Being the dirty filthy horrible cheating cowardly cunt must be bad I guess. Being filled in by Tom and his workmates sounds deadly frightening. But faced with the possibility of a twisted knee I believe I’d have no option, I’d definitely go down the cunt-coward road. I’d owe it to my team, after all it’s not my knee, it belongs to my team right?

You're taking the p*ss surely? You can't say you have played the game for years and then say Viera was trying to avoid injury...... If Viera was on this forum now he'd admit he dived. Football is a contact sport, what would you do in a 50-50 tackle with Roy Keane? Backing out is potentially more dangerous than committing yourself 100%. Without meaning to sound too sarcastic, your post is possibly the most laughable and yet irritating I have ever read on here......

Lads lets get this right, he dived. He went down after getting a tap on the knee. Which by the way isn't a foul neccessarily. You can hav contact with other players without fouling them.

Sorry, Stu, but that wasn't having contact. Stevie was past him, Toure was going the wrong way, and deliberately flicked his leg backwards to catch Stevie. That's a foul even without the other player going to ground. It was a stonewall penalty.

So that's only the Birmingham, Palace, Boro and Arsenal games we haven't been given clear cut penalties in. Hmmm.

wrong.

You're a cheat.

You're taking the p*ss surely? You can't say you have played the game for years and then say Viera was trying to avoid injury...... If Viera was on this forum now he'd admit he dived. Football is a contact sport, what would you do in a 50-50 tackle with Roy Keane? Backing out is potentially more dangerous than committing yourself 100%. Without meaning to sound too sarcastic, your post is possibly the most laughable and yet irritating I have ever read on here......

Nobody touched him, so it was definitely a dive. Vieira admitted to that fact before he even hit the ground. The question is why he dived. To me (and probably the ref) it looked like he was trying to avoid a possibly dangerous tackle (a tackle that never came). A 50/50 tackle with Keane is a rubbish comparison. Had Vieira been tackled (he was not, I know!) it would’ve been from behind, that’s not a 50/50 tackle. By the way, if I ever had the opportunity to meet Keane on a 50/50 tackle I’d commit myself 150% and aim at his balls.

In order to speak my opinion I see I’m defending a frog-eating arse? Believe me, I don’t like it one bit. Btw I’m going to watch it again on my VCR. If I change my opinion I’ll let you know.

Nobody touched him, so it was definitely a dive. Vieira admitted to that fact before he even hit the ground. The question is why he dived. To me (and probably the ref) it looked like he was trying to avoid a possibly dangerous tackle (a tackle that never came). A 50/50 tackle with Keane is a rubbish comparison. Had Vieira been tackled (he was not, I know!) it would’ve been from behind, that’s not a 50/50 tackle. By the way, if I ever had the opportunity to meet Keane on a 50/50 tackle I’d commit myself 150% and aim at his balls.

In order to speak my opinion I see I’m defending a frog-eating arse? Believe me, I don’t like it one bit. Btw I’m going to watch it again on my VCR. If I change my opinion I’ll let you know.

What I am saying is, if you are gonna throw yourself to the floor when someone aims a boot at you (without doubt Viera knew that Hamman had pulled his foot back again) then you are not gonna go into a 50/50 tackle with any kind of commitment.

To me (and probably the ref) it looked like he was trying to avoid a possibly dangerous tackle (a tackle that never came).

That may have been the case were it not for the fact the dive came a long time after potential tackle. He was a few feet past Didi when he decided to throw himself to the floor. He waved at the Ref because even he realised how pathetic it had looked.