Redder Lurtz

Beige bands and artistes

11 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

You started it in your opening post! 

No I didn't. I referenced Liam Gallagher as an example of what's not beige. 

You can't have Pearl Jam or RHCP as beige. They don't fit the template of not understanding how anyone could like them. PJ as a grunge band have a fecking huuuuuuge following and their first two albums alone exempt them. RHCP don't fit partly due to Flea being an extraordinarily good bass player. He alone negates any beigeness. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

You can't have Pearl Jam or RHCP as beige. They don't fit the template of not understanding how anyone could like them. PJ as a grunge band have a fecking huuuuuuge following and their first two albums alone exempt them. RHCP don't fit partly due to Flea being an extraordinarily good bass player. He alone negates any beigeness. 

Exactly this, people are just listing bands they personally don't like/rate.

Someone mentioned The Lighthouse Family, they're exactly what we're looking for here.

• Upvote 1

Some good bands being mentioned here. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Personally I find all that American modern R n B totally bland. It's not even Rhythm and Blues as far as I can see.

Also, any chart grime music is totally bland. Lads on London estates rapping (badly) to minimal beats. Yawn. 

15 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Some good bands being mentioned here. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Personally I find all that American modern R n B totally bland. It's not even Rhythm and Blues as far as I can see.

Also, any chart grime music is totally bland. Lads on London estates rapping (badly) to minimal beats. Yawn. 

R&B in the modern sense stands for rhythm & bass.

• Upvote 1

On 22/06/2022 at 21:02, cloggypop said:

Have you not heard Eagles? 

Yeah fuck it. The Eagles are on the list. There's probably close on an entire genre there I could include. Just that the genre is so fucking beige it hasn't crossed my radar. 

Lighthouse Family been mentioned a couple of times. Yep they're in. Jury's out on Mumford and Sons though. 

4 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Yeah fuck it. The Eagles are on the list. There's probably close on an entire genre there I could include. Just that the genre is so fucking beige it hasn't crossed my radar. 

Lighthouse Family been mentioned a couple of times. Yep they're in. Jury's out on Mumford and Sons though. 

Not haven't anyone say Eagles are on this list whilst I  the next sentence say the Jury's out on Mumford and Sons.

The Jury's not out, they didn't turn up in the first place such was their lack of interest in discussing them.

Simply Red

The Lighthouse Family

Wet Wet Wet (an apt name)

I've also never heard Catfish & the Bottlemen, but that terrible, generic name alone tells me everything i need to know about how beige they are.

1 hour ago, Total Longo said:

Simply Red

The Lighthouse Family

I've also never heard Catfish & the Bottlemen, but that terrible, generic name alone tells me everything i need to know about how beige they are.

Simply Beige absolutely epitomise the category. 

Catfish and the Bottlemen is a terrible name for a band but they're half decent. Deff not beige. 

1 hour ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Simply Beige absolutely epitomise the category. 

Catfish and the Bottlemen is a terrible name for a band but they're half decent. Deff not beige. 

Hootie and the Blowfish, however...

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Hootie and the Blowfish, however...

Cracked Rear View wasn't too bad, everything else that followed was beige though.

The Fray, American pop rock band. Now they're washed out dog turd beige.

12 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

The Fray, American pop rock band. Now they're washed out dog turd beige.

Indeed.

Has anyone mentioned Beige Five?

The shit band Scouting for Girls that were around about 10 years ago. Some absolute bellend I worked with went to see them about 5 times and didn't get why no one thought he was cool or edgy.

A few people I know outed themselves as Ed Sheeran fans the other week when he played at the Etihad. Also that George Ezra has the stupidest voice possible.

Another one is that Jess Glynn, loads of her songs end up on adverts that piss you off. Bland as fuck.

18 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

The shit band Scouting for Girls that were around about 10 years ago. Some absolute bellend I worked with went to see them about 5 times and didn't get why no one thought he was cool or edgy.

A few people I know outed themselves as Ed Sheeran fans the other week when he played at the Etihad. Also that George Ezra has the stupidest voice possible.

Another one is that Jess Glynn, loads of her songs end up on adverts that piss you off. Bland as fuck.

Yeah there were a few bands like that popping up around then. The Maccabees and shit like that. Good shout. Every fucker with a few guitars and an amp were making bands. Or blands... 

11 hours ago, Total Longo said:

Simply Red

The Lighthouse Family

Finally put the world out of its misery and split up the other week. 

• Upvote 1

Boyzone/Westlife and One Direction. 

Basically manufactured Simon Cowell/Louis Walsh mind numbingly shitness mainly for teenagers but loads of middle aged women listen to them. One woman my Mrs worked with had seen Westlife live about 40 times. She has also been to see One Direction about 20 times. Proper weird behaviour for a woman in her late 40s.