Jump to content
Redder Lurtz

Beige bands and artistes

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

That's a bit judgemental of you. Get over yourself. They are both properly shit. I wouldn't call them beige but fuck me, Oasis piss on both from a massive height. 

 

Why would I want to argue against the other 3? Ridiculous statement. 

The unmistakable stench of bullshit... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Anyway, I'll tell you what pisses me off, shit covers of amazing songs. 

This seems to have been a trend in adverts for the last few years.

 

Really shit versions of some of the greatest 60s and 70s songs written. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You dropped your trousers. Or haven't been listening. Or both. 

 

Fuck me, The Rolling Stones haven't released anything of any credit in about 40 years, are they beige? 

Yes. 

 

Sure, they can still put a show on to give their fans a tingle in the trousers, but they're not really... interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Adele, her life's diary in song.

Got shagged last night.

He's my baby.

Get divorced.

Tell baby we love him.

Waiting for "all holes filled" natural progression.

 

Whole album goes something like this...

 

 

He's gone, gone away

I'm drinking wine to forget

I'm strong you'll see

I was weak, when you left,

I'm strong now though,

I've drunk some more wine

What's she like then?

U took your socks and took my heart.

I'm not crying over you

I'm crying because of wine

Would you like a glass of wine? Old times sake.. 

I love my freinds I love my dog

I don't love you, not no more

Sick sick sick 

Sick of you, sick of lies

I got my life, independence

Feels so so good 

I've had some wine but I only get drunk on love..

Is her hair red or blonde? Black!!

Weekends go on for weeks..

 

Blah blah blah...all album.

 

 

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Razorlight can't still be going can they?  Didn't they just have one album 20 years ago?

 

Anyway, I'll tell you what pisses me off, shit covers of amazing songs.  Specifically either smooth jazz or acoustic guitar versions of absolute classics that just water down what made the original so good for no reason whatsoever.  I heard a hammond organ version of "I Say a Little Prayer" on the radio earlier, it was too fast, had no vocals, no soul, no nothing.

Why the hell would anyone listen to Dionne Warwick (or better Aretha Franklin) and think "I know, I can take the complete life out of that song, that will be a great idea".  Fuck off.

Same goes for you Sixpence None the Richer and the likes.

As far as I can remember, this was the first prominent one of the covers you are referring to, they seem to end up on adverts a lot and everyone involved should be sent back in time and bludgeoned to death as a baby.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

 

Whole album goes something like this...

 

 

He's gone, gone away

I'm drinking wine to forget

I'm strong you'll see

I was weak, when you left,

I'm strong now though,

I've drunk some more wine

What's she like then?

U took your socks and took my heart.

I'm not crying over you

I'm crying because of wine

Would you like a glass of wine? Old times sake.. 

I love my freinds I love my dog

I don't love you, not no more

Sick sick sick 

Sick of you, sick of lies

I got my life, independence

Feels so so good 

I've had some wine but I only get drunk on love..

Is her hair red or blonde? Black!!

Weekends go on for weeks..

 

Blah blah blah...all album.

 

 

 

A well thought out post.

Still think All holes filled should be in there, want to hear all the lovely ladies sing a long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Look at the stars

Look how they shine for you

And everything you do

Yeah, they were all beige as fuck.

 

When you put it like that, yes. Beige.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Metallica - the Rich Tea biscuit of heavy metal. Haven't made a killer record in 30 odd years.

They've made a hell of a living out of making 3 good albums. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coldplay; liked by people who aren't really into music, but think it's trendy to do so. They're just a poor man's Radiohead, with far less talent. 

The same could be said about Ed Sheeran, Adele....and going back probably Dido (which is possibly slightly harsh).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Haan'sThunderbolt said:

Coldplay; liked by people who aren't really into music, but think it's trendy to do so. They're just a poor man's Radiohead, with far less talent. 

The same could be said about Ed Sheeran, Adele....and going back probably Dido (which is possibly slightly harsh).

eminem-fuck-you.gif

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Haan'sThunderbolt said:

Coldplay; liked by people who aren't really into music, but think it's trendy to do so. They're just a poor man's Radiohead, with far less talent. 

The same could be said about Ed Sheeran, Adele....and going back probably Dido (which is possibly slightly harsh).

I don’t buy that bollocks about people liking a particular band or artist, usually a mainstream one, because they aren’t really into music. Music taste is subjective. People are going to like stuff that others think is shite.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a point of order.

 

Oasis were absolute dogshit.

 

As are whatever the band Noel fronts now are called, and as is that fucking meff Liam.

 

Thanks.

 

On with the thread.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't have Foo Fighters on the beige list. The point of beige is being so bland it beggars belief how some people can like them in terms of their utter blandness. It's not defined how MOR a band is. Just how awful, dull and pointless to the extent it's amazing they have any fans. Likewise Metallica who I can't stand but they're not beige. 

 

I've added a couple of your submissions though and I'm also adding Lynyrd Skynyrd. Yes I fucking went there. The beigest country hick shite on the planet.

 

Foals

George Ezra

Adele

Coldplay

Ed fucking Sheeran

Razorlight

Keane

Texas 

Lynyrd Skynyrd

 

 

Oh, and take your oasis arguments elsewhere. It's established that no matter how shit they are they're not beige. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

 

 

 

Oh, and take your oasis arguments elsewhere. It's established that no matter how shit they are they're not beige. 

 

 

You started it in your opening post! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Foo Fighters are releasing more dad rock type albums of late. But, for me, some of the decent recent songs and the earlier stuff off their self titled first album and the Colour and the Shape definitely keep them well outside of the beige category. 
 

The Coldplay, Snow Patrol, Keane, Bastille Razorlight et al shouts are spot on. Although, Stumble & Fall by Razorlight is an under the radar belter and that’s a hill I’m prepared to die on. 
 

Was in my brother’s the other day and my niece was listening to that Olivia Rodrigo. Christ. Utter bloody dirge. I wasn’t sure whether to try to break her phone or to top myself. Utterly depressing moany shite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

I can't have Foo Fighters on the beige list. The point of beige is being so bland it beggars belief how some people can like them in terms of their utter blandness. It's not defined how MOR a band is. Just how awful, dull and pointless to the extent it's amazing they have any fans. Likewise Metallica who I can't stand but they're not beige. 

 

I've added a couple of your submissions though and I'm also adding Lynyrd Skynyrd. Yes I fucking went there. The beigest country hick shite on the planet.

 

Foals

George Ezra

Adele

Coldplay

Ed fucking Sheeran

Razorlight

Keane

Texas 

Lynyrd Skynyrd

 

 

Oh, and take your oasis arguments elsewhere. It's established that no matter how shit they are they're not beige. 

 

 


Skynyrd?

 

Nah.

 

Tuesdays Gone and Simple Man are legitimate classics.

 

Edit: Actually it’s been overplayed to shit but Freebird is fucking brilliant.

 

Now going to listen to ‘Pronounced…’ from start to finish. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×