You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Beige bands and artistes

Redder Lurtz

You can't have Pearl Jam or RHCP as beige. They don't fit the template of not understanding how anyone could like them. PJ as a grunge band have a fecking huuuuuuge following and their first two albums alone exempt them. RHCP don't fit partly due to Flea being an extraordinarily good bass player. He alone negates any beigeness. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

You can't have Pearl Jam or RHCP as beige. They don't fit the template of not understanding how anyone could like them. PJ as a grunge band have a fecking huuuuuuge following and their first two albums alone exempt them. RHCP don't fit partly due to Flea being an extraordinarily good bass player. He alone negates any beigeness. 

Exactly this, people are just listing bands they personally don't like/rate.

Someone mentioned The Lighthouse Family, they're exactly what we're looking for here.

• Upvote 1

Some good bands being mentioned here. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Personally I find all that American modern R n B totally bland. It's not even Rhythm and Blues as far as I can see.

Also, any chart grime music is totally bland. Lads on London estates rapping (badly) to minimal beats. Yawn. 

15 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Some good bands being mentioned here. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Personally I find all that American modern R n B totally bland. It's not even Rhythm and Blues as far as I can see.

Also, any chart grime music is totally bland. Lads on London estates rapping (badly) to minimal beats. Yawn. 

R&B in the modern sense stands for rhythm & bass.

• Upvote 1

On 22/06/2022 at 21:02, cloggypop said:

Have you not heard Eagles? 

Yeah fuck it. The Eagles are on the list. There's probably close on an entire genre there I could include. Just that the genre is so fucking beige it hasn't crossed my radar. 

Lighthouse Family been mentioned a couple of times. Yep they're in. Jury's out on Mumford and Sons though. 

4 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Yeah fuck it. The Eagles are on the list. There's probably close on an entire genre there I could include. Just that the genre is so fucking beige it hasn't crossed my radar. 

Lighthouse Family been mentioned a couple of times. Yep they're in. Jury's out on Mumford and Sons though. 

Not haven't anyone say Eagles are on this list whilst I  the next sentence say the Jury's out on Mumford and Sons.

The Jury's not out, they didn't turn up in the first place such was their lack of interest in discussing them.

1 hour ago, Total Longo said:

Simply Red

The Lighthouse Family

Wet Wet Wet (an apt name)

I've also never heard Catfish & the Bottlemen, but that terrible, generic name alone tells me everything i need to know about how beige they are.

Simply Beige absolutely epitomise the category. 

Catfish and the Bottlemen is a terrible name for a band but they're half decent. Deff not beige. 

The shit band Scouting for Girls that were around about 10 years ago. Some absolute bellend I worked with went to see them about 5 times and didn't get why no one thought he was cool or edgy.

A few people I know outed themselves as Ed Sheeran fans the other week when he played at the Etihad. Also that George Ezra has the stupidest voice possible.

Another one is that Jess Glynn, loads of her songs end up on adverts that piss you off. Bland as fuck.

18 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

The shit band Scouting for Girls that were around about 10 years ago. Some absolute bellend I worked with went to see them about 5 times and didn't get why no one thought he was cool or edgy.

A few people I know outed themselves as Ed Sheeran fans the other week when he played at the Etihad. Also that George Ezra has the stupidest voice possible.

Another one is that Jess Glynn, loads of her songs end up on adverts that piss you off. Bland as fuck.

Yeah there were a few bands like that popping up around then. The Maccabees and shit like that. Good shout. Every fucker with a few guitars and an amp were making bands. Or blands... 

11 hours ago, Total Longo said:

Simply Red

The Lighthouse Family

Wet Wet Wet (an apt name)

I've also never heard Catfish & the Bottlemen, but that terrible, generic name alone tells me everything i need to know about how beige they are.

Finally put the world out of its misery and split up the other week. 

• Upvote 1

Boyzone/Westlife and One Direction. 

Basically manufactured Simon Cowell/Louis Walsh mind numbingly shitness mainly for teenagers but loads of middle aged women listen to them. One woman my Mrs worked with had seen Westlife live about 40 times. She has also been to see One Direction about 20 times. Proper weird behaviour for a woman in her late 40s.