You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Beige bands and artistes

Redder Lurtz

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

That's a bit judgemental of you. Get over yourself. They are both properly shit. I wouldn't call them beige but fuck me, Oasis piss on both from a massive height. 

Why would I want to argue against the other 3? Ridiculous statement. 

The unmistakable stench of bullshit... 

23 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You dropped your trousers. Or haven't been listening. Or both. 

Fuck me, The Rolling Stones haven't released anything of any credit in about 40 years, are they beige? 

Yes. 

Sure, they can still put a show on to give their fans a tingle in the trousers, but they're not really... interesting.

6 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Adele, her life's diary in song.

Got shagged last night.

He's my baby.

Get divorced.

Tell baby we love him.

Waiting for "all holes filled" natural progression.

Whole album goes something like this...

He's gone, gone away

I'm drinking wine to forget

I'm strong you'll see

I was weak, when you left,

I'm strong now though,

I've drunk some more wine

What's she like then?

U took your socks and took my heart.

I'm not crying over you

I'm crying because of wine

Would you like a glass of wine? Old times sake.. 

I love my freinds I love my dog

I don't love you, not no more

Sick sick sick 

Sick of you, sick of lies

I got my life, independence

Feels so so good 

I've had some wine but I only get drunk on love..

Is her hair red or blonde? Black!!

Weekends go on for weeks..

Blah blah blah...all album.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Razorlight can't still be going can they?  Didn't they just have one album 20 years ago?

Anyway, I'll tell you what pisses me off, shit covers of amazing songs.  Specifically either smooth jazz or acoustic guitar versions of absolute classics that just water down what made the original so good for no reason whatsoever.  I heard a hammond organ version of "I Say a Little Prayer" on the radio earlier, it was too fast, had no vocals, no soul, no nothing.

Why the hell would anyone listen to Dionne Warwick (or better Aretha Franklin) and think "I know, I can take the complete life out of that song, that will be a great idea".  Fuck off.

Same goes for you Sixpence None the Richer and the likes.

As far as I can remember, this was the first prominent one of the covers you are referring to, they seem to end up on adverts a lot and everyone involved should be sent back in time and bludgeoned to death as a baby.

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Whole album goes something like this...

He's gone, gone away

I'm drinking wine to forget

I'm strong you'll see

I was weak, when you left,

I'm strong now though,

I've drunk some more wine

What's she like then?

U took your socks and took my heart.

I'm not crying over you

I'm crying because of wine

Would you like a glass of wine? Old times sake.. 

I love my freinds I love my dog

I don't love you, not no more

Sick sick sick 

Sick of you, sick of lies

I got my life, independence

Feels so so good 

I've had some wine but I only get drunk on love..

Is her hair red or blonde? Black!!

Weekends go on for weeks..

Blah blah blah...all album.

A well thought out post.

Still think All holes filled should be in there, want to hear all the lovely ladies sing a long.

2 minutes ago, Haan'sThunderbolt said:

Coldplay; liked by people who aren't really into music, but think it's trendy to do so. They're just a poor man's Radiohead, with far less talent. 

The same could be said about Ed Sheeran, Adele....and going back probably Dido (which is possibly slightly harsh).

eminem-fuck-you.gif

40 minutes ago, Haan'sThunderbolt said:

Coldplay; liked by people who aren't really into music, but think it's trendy to do so. They're just a poor man's Radiohead, with far less talent. 

The same could be said about Ed Sheeran, Adele....and going back probably Dido (which is possibly slightly harsh).

I don’t buy that bollocks about people liking a particular band or artist, usually a mainstream one, because they aren’t really into music. Music taste is subjective. People are going to like stuff that others think is shite.

• Upvote 2

I can't have Foo Fighters on the beige list. The point of beige is being so bland it beggars belief how some people can like them in terms of their utter blandness. It's not defined how MOR a band is. Just how awful, dull and pointless to the extent it's amazing they have any fans. Likewise Metallica who I can't stand but they're not beige. 

I've added a couple of your submissions though and I'm also adding Lynyrd Skynyrd. Yes I fucking went there. The beigest country hick shite on the planet.

Foals

George Ezra

Adele

Coldplay

Ed fucking Sheeran

Razorlight

Keane

Texas 

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Oh, and take your oasis arguments elsewhere. It's established that no matter how shit they are they're not beige. 

The Foo Fighters are releasing more dad rock type albums of late. But, for me, some of the decent recent songs and the earlier stuff off their self titled first album and the Colour and the Shape definitely keep them well outside of the beige category. 

The Coldplay, Snow Patrol, Keane, Bastille Razorlight et al shouts are spot on. Although, Stumble & Fall by Razorlight is an under the radar belter and that’s a hill I’m prepared to die on. 

Was in my brother’s the other day and my niece was listening to that Olivia Rodrigo. Christ. Utter bloody dirge. I wasn’t sure whether to try to break her phone or to top myself. Utterly depressing moany shite. 

29 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

I can't have Foo Fighters on the beige list. The point of beige is being so bland it beggars belief how some people can like them in terms of their utter blandness. It's not defined how MOR a band is. Just how awful, dull and pointless to the extent it's amazing they have any fans. Likewise Metallica who I can't stand but they're not beige. 

I've added a couple of your submissions though and I'm also adding Lynyrd Skynyrd. Yes I fucking went there. The beigest country hick shite on the planet.

Foals

George Ezra

Adele

Coldplay

Ed fucking Sheeran

Razorlight

Keane

Texas 

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Oh, and take your oasis arguments elsewhere. It's established that no matter how shit they are they're not beige. 

Skynyrd?

Nah.

Tuesdays Gone and Simple Man are legitimate classics.

Edit: Actually it’s been overplayed to shit but Freebird is fucking brilliant.

Now going to listen to ‘Pronounced…’ from start to finish. 

• Upvote 3