You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Beige bands and artistes

Redder Lurtz

25 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You didn’t answer my question about how you listen to all these people you hate? It’s not a trick question. I work from home and pretty much keep Radio 2 on all day and the only thing worse than a George Ezra song is Jeremy Vine. 

How many times? It's not about bands I hate. It's about beige bands. I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition.

Incidentally you deserve a medal / locking up for listening to Radio 2 all day. I just can't listen to their terrible playlist. Personally I switch between 5 live, Radio X and talkshite just for H&J. I like probably about 75% of what Radio X play. Plus I really like Johnny Vaughn. 

• Upvote 1

Not sure why it bothers anybody about bands they dont like,unless they are in Guantanamo Bay and being forced to listen to them non stop as a form of torture.

Bands you dont like make some good songs,bands you like make some stinkers that you dont like. The problem is the marketing towards certain demographics and age groups,genders and so on. The Beatles were considered a boy band in their day so just listen to what you like and ignore what you dont.

32 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

If you want a more modern band for in here then try Blossoms. 

Great shout. 

Bland, terrible lyrics, awful, dull music and a total vacuum of innovation or creativity. And utterly baffling how anyone likes them. 

"Oooh Blossoms are touring. Shall we go and see them?" Said fucking nobody. 

53 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

How many times? It's not about bands I hate. It's about beige bands. I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition.

Incidentally you deserve a medal / locking up for listening to Radio 2 all day. I just can't listen to their terrible playlist. Personally I switch between 5 live, Radio X and talkshite just for H&J. I like probably about 75% of what Radio X play. Plus I really like Johnny Vaughn. 

I'm pulling your leg mate. Years of abuse about Oasis... it's my turn to be a cunt. 

I only have R2 on because I listen to Ken Bruce in the morning which is just perfect. Then I get angry at Jeremy Vine. Steve Wright is ok. 

PS: Yep Johnny Vaughan's show is ace. How fast can you say Chippenham? 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Foo Fighters.

I've nothing against Grohl, love Scream, don't mind Nirvana, and even think they have a couple of good tunes. 

But masses of utter mediocrity. 21st century dad rock... 

I assume you haven't seen them live? because if you ha..... aaah fuck it. Ridiculous shout. 

Cunt thread. 

10 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Look at the stars

Look how they shine for you

And everything you do

Yeah, they were all beige as fuck.

According to QI (so it must be true) some scientists mapped out all the different colours of all the known stars an galaxies and sort of mixed them together (for some reason) and discovered that the Universe is beige.

34 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I assume you haven't seen them live? because if you ha..... aaah fuck it. Ridiculous shout. 

Cunt thread. 

I was thinking it was a ridiculous shout, then I tried to think of anything interesting that they've done in the last 20 years and I had to concede the point.

16 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

And? Who are your top 5 favourite bands Josef? 

I struggle to select a top five, honestly. But apart from the obvious genius of the Beatles, the Beach Boys, and the Byrds, off the top of my head and in today's mood, I'll add Big Star and the Jayhawks. But there are dozens of bands I love or have loved at any given point...

Just now, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I was thinking it was a ridiculous shout, then I tried to think of anything interesting that they've done in the last 20 years and I had to concede the point.

You dropped your trousers. Or haven't been listening. Or both. 

Fuck me, The Rolling Stones haven't released anything of any credit in about 40 years, are they beige? 

Just now, Josef Svejk said:

I struggle to select a top five, honestly. But apart from the obvious genius of the Beatles, the Beach Boys, and the Byrds, off the top of my head and in today's mood, I'll add Big Star and the Jayhawks. But there are dozens of bands I love or have loved at any given point...

Hahahahahaha. I rest my case. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You dropped your trousers. Or haven't been listening. Or both. 

Fuck me, The Rolling Stones haven't released anything of any credit in about 40 years, are they beige? 

They have been shit for most of their recording career. So, not beige. 

2 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Yes, obviously. I suspect you know nothing about two of the bands. And can't produce an argument against the other three. 

That's a bit judgemental of you. Get over yourself. They are both properly shit. I wouldn't call them beige but fuck me, Oasis piss on both from a massive height. 

Why would I want to argue against the other 3? Ridiculous statement.