Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Nicolo Barella - Our New Italian Stallion?

On 22/06/2022 at 15:23, Chris said:

Fair point. No I wasn't worried about Mane because of Diouf and Diao. 

But 0 for 6 (5 by your count) on Italian players and them being great big massive 0s is a bigger sample size. Plus the absence of a track record of Italian players being effective in the Premier League in the last ten or 15 years. African players on the other hand...

I don't like Italian footy, never have, even since it was everyone's perfect Sunday lunch coma nap on Channel 4 in the 90s. Find it boring, uninspiring and lacking quality and don't find 'shithousing' endearing.

The only team to beat us at Anfield last season were Italian. It's an exciting league and much different to how it once was.

2 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The only team to beat us at Anfield last season were Italian. It's an exciting league and much different to how it once was.

Wasn't really *insert Thor gif here* a loss though, was it? We whooped 'em in the San Siro and did what we had to at home. They won the second half 1-0.

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

Wasn't really *insert Thor gif here* a loss though, was it? We whooped 'em in the San Siro and did what we had to at home. They won the second half 1-0.

You seem set on hating the Italian league no matter what so I will leave it there.

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

You seem set on hating the Italian league no matter what so I will leave it there.

Yeah, that's probably fair tbh. 

On 23/06/2022 at 22:15, VladimirIlyich said:

I reckon any member of our current squad would be able to play in Serie A and hold their own when they're 40.

1 minute ago, dave u said:

I reckon any member of our current squad would be able to play in Serie A and hold their own when they're 40.

I’d go along with that. Nat Phillips made himself look like the greatest defender ever to grace the San Siro in December. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, dave u said:

Milner is holding his own in the Prem. He’ll be AC Milan captain whilst claiming his bus pass. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, dave u said:

But this doesnt exclude individual players from being outstanding while playing there. Alisson and Salah haven't been too bad after their switch. We are not talking about suddenly signing the whole Inter team,just potential individuals and they are just as likely to not be Italians. 

The PL is only as good as it is largely due to non English players too.

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

But this doesnt exclude individual players from being outstanding while playing there. Alisson and Salah haven't been too bad after their switch. We are not talking about suddenly signing the whole Inter team,just potential individuals and they are just as likely to not be Italians.

Agreed, there are plenty of quality players over there. I just think the league is shite compared to its glory years.

For the record I would have no problem with us signing Barella.

20 minutes ago, dave u said:

Cheers boss. Wom thinks I'm shit and that could never happen. 

IMG_20220621_215415_885.jpg