You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Your obscure season highlight

Section_31

Taki's equaliser against Leicester.

Taki's goal against Cardiff in the FA Cup - great work by Diaz and no fucker was going to stop the Scouse Samurai from getting to the cut-back.

The rest of the team giving Taki his props at Wembley after the League Cup Final.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Taki's goal against Cardiff in the FA Cup - great work by Diaz and no fucker was going to stop the Scouse Samurai from getting to the cut-back.

The rest of the team giving Taki his props at Wembley after the League Cup Final.

He'll be missed, would like to see him give PSG a bloody nose next season!

Last season was probably the strongest Liverpool squad any of us will ever see, as a result of replacements being brought in early and fringe players (like Taki and Div) hitting form.

It's mad now to think about how nervous and depressed we all were after losing to Leicester around Christmas.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Gonna go with same game...Leicester in league cup.

My 12 year old lads first time in The Kop - he had been before a few times but never in The Kop.

His knowing look to me as if to say 'yeah i know dad' but not joining in as he shouldn't swear when the "fuck the tories" chant was in full cry....

How devoed he was as we fell 3-1 behind and then how totally over the moon he was when we pulled it back to 3-3.

Then to top it all of his first live penalty shoot out and us winning and him buzzing like mad as we walked back from the ground - he literally never shut up about game!

Yeah it was 'only' the league cup, yeah he'll experience bigger days watching us, but watching how he was about the whole night made me as a father feel so fucking happy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 11

14 hours ago, an tha said:

Gonna go with same game...Leicester in league cup.

My 12 year old lads first time in The Kop - he had been before a few times but never in The Kop.

His knowing look to me as if to say 'yeah i know dad' but not joining in as he shouldn't swear when the "fuck the tories" chant was in full cry....

How devoed he was as we fell 3-1 behind and then how totally over the moon he was when we pulled it back to 3-3.

Then to top it all of his first live penalty shoot out and us winning and him buzzing like mad as we walked back from the ground - he literally never shut up about game!

Yeah it was 'only' the league cup, yeah he'll experience bigger days watching us, but watching how he was about the whole night made me as a father feel so fucking happy.

This is the shit I live for. 

Mine are all goalkeeper related. 

The obvious one of Alisson taking the mick out of Pickford. 

Then the contrasting fortunes of the two keepers in the Carabao Cup final. It was a big gesture of trust by Klopp to stick with Kelleher for the final. So it was good to see his penalty be a relatively decisive one. And, then there’s Kepa. A substitution that ponged of trying to be too clever and then hugely backfired - brought on to try and win a shootout and doesn’t make a single save and then blazes over his own to hand the win to us. A truly hilarious substitution. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Nelly-Matip said:

Then the contrasting fortunes of the two keepers in the Carabao Cup final. It was a big gesture of trust by Klopp to stick with Kelleher for the final. So it was good to see his penalty be a relatively decisive one. And, then there’s Kepa. A substitution that ponged of trying to be too clever and then hugely backfired - brought on to try and win a shootout and doesn’t make a single save and then blazes over his own to hand the win to us. A truly hilarious substitution. 

I do enjoy pointing out that more-expensive-than-Alisson Kepa did no better in that final than I would have.

11 hours ago, Nelly-Matip said:

Also, in the FA Cup shootout, the way Ali kept the ball, so he was the one handing it to the Liverpool penalty takers. It's just a little sign of the attention to detail and constant tweaks that keep us up there.

• Upvote 1