You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Your obscure season highlight

Section_31

Just one, can be reds related or not. Not the big events - trophy wins, spectacular goals etc, but just something else you buzzed off like a random tackle or result. 

For me, it was Thiago coming off the pitch against the mancs laughing.

It's like someone took the 90s, rolled it up and threw it in a bin via one of those quirky NBA baskets that some people hang over them. Thank you and goodnight. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Ali trolling short arms with his dive on the ball in the Anfield derby.

Yep that’s the one that sticks out if you’re not counting goals or trophies.

other than that, it’s the 10 seconds immediately after Mane scored to put us 2-1 up over Wolves in the last match, before the flag went up and the goal was ruled out.

2019 we had a similar moment but nobody in there believed for a second and everyone knew city would walk to a win, whether they were behind for a second or not.

2020 we were all sat at home when we cemented the title without even playing watching City and Chelsea, so however much you celebrated it wouldn’t be the same, guttural, raw celebration you get at a match.

this one, City 2-0 down, enough belief that maybe - just maybe - just… maybe - and then the goal. 

the raw celebration of this might win us a title, bloody hell.

it only lasted seconds, but that’s the feeling you live for as a football fan, and we got to experience it, however fleetingly.

• Upvote 2

For me, living next to a Manc who in the 16 years of being neighbours never failed to get the odd dig in here or there it's the 5-0 at OT and the 4-0 at home.  Didn't have to say anything to him.  Just a wry smile the next day and quick smile before carrying on with whatever I was doing.  

• Upvote 1

Jota telling the Leicester fans to fuck off after he scored the winning pen in the LC QF. They went up in the first few minutes and were ahead until Minaminos injury time leveller. Shutting them up after two hours of 'feed the scousers' and other small-time shite was a real delight. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

Has to be the 5-0 at United. That was my first time visiting Old Trafford too. 

The bars on the concourse at Brighton staying open after the match was fun. Absolutely bouncing in there when the Jota song was fairly new. That was one of my favourite ever aways. 

Being 3-0 up at HT against City at Wembley is worth an honourable mention.

Also managed to take Turdsette to her first three LFC games this season, with some help from @Liverpool lad and @Scott_M. This was the year she got into football and the reds. 

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

What makes it even better was when I opened my Father's Day present from my 8yr old lad yesterday because I laughed so hard about it when I got home he's drawn me this picture

0A63ED21-4C9A-4A9E-8A2F-4297DFDAAA92.jpeg

It wasn't popcorn mate he was just signing his name 

• Upvote 1