Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Turdseye

Someone’s Having a Real Laugh - How Long Until They ‘Bin Bag’ Ten Hag?

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Again, giving it big because they beat off the might of Brentford to sign a player with a dicky ticker…

 

42657864-E3AB-4ABC-8627-A8FCAFD4B3D0.png

 

Jesus Christ, recharge your damn phone!

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

To be honest, it just looks like they're signing players with an Eredivisie connection because no one else wants to join. It might turn out to be a fine strategy, but there's not much originality there.

It's presumably to sign some players that slot straight into the Ajax style fluid 433. It's what the coach knows and wants so gives him a base to build from. 

 

Be boss if he brings Daley Blind back like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

To be honest, it just looks like they're signing players with an Eredivisie connection because no one else wants to join. It might turn out to be a fine strategy, but there's not much originality there.

How important is being original in football? Pep and Klopp have been copying each other over the past couple of years for example; false 9, full back tucking in, direct diagonal ball from centre half to winger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, aRdja said:

How important is being original football? Pep and Klopp have been copying each other over the past couple of years for example; false 9, full back tucking in, direct diagonal ball from centre half to winger.

it will go full circle back to Roy Evans 3 Centre backs

 

Babb- Wright- Scales

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

It's presumably to sign some players that slot straight into the Ajax style fluid 433. It's what the coach knows and wants so gives him a base to build from. 

 

Be boss if he brings Daley Blind back like. 

Yeah, I get it, but it seems like they'd been struggling to get players to come, so this is the fallback plan of; "let's get people the coach knows". The strategy might work, but it's kind of lame. 

25 minutes ago, aRdja said:

How important is being original in football? Pep and Klopp have been copying each other over the past couple of years for example; false 9, full back tucking in, direct diagonal ball from centre half to winger.

This is not the same thing. The equivalent would be if when Klopp got here, he'd just decided to sign a bunch of ex-Dortmund players and Germans, just because he knows them. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yeah, I get it, but it seems like they'd been struggling to get players to come, so this is the fallback plan of; "let's get people the coach knows". The strategy might work, but it's kind of lame. 

This is not the same thing. The equivalent would be if when Klopp got here, he'd just decided to sign a bunch of ex-Dortmund players and Germans, just because he knows them. 

I said as soon as they signed him that he'd be building around Donny v d Beek. Knows the system inside out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

I said as soon as they signed him that he'd be building around Donny v d Beek. Knows the system inside out. 

How do you play VdB, Eriksen and Fernandes in the same line up? Midfield diamond?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor old Ronaldo is apparently upset that the club have forced a 25% wage cut on him as a consequence of not making the Champions League. He's got to try and bravely battle through this cost of living crisis on a paltry £360k a week!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Poor old Ronaldo is apparently upset that the club have forced a 25% wage cut on him as a consequence of not making the Champions League. He's got to try and bravely battle through this cost of living crisis on a paltry £360k a week!

Fuck i forgot about that, Not looking forward to next year when Daisy is banging on about Utd's wage bill compared to ours again!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Poor old Ronaldo is apparently upset that the club have forced a 25% wage cut on him as a consequence of not making the Champions League. He's got to try and bravely battle through this cost of living crisis on a paltry £360k a week!

That's his tanning lotion and hair grease budget decimated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Pete said:

So if Ronaldo goes ETH looks like he can’t convince their better players to stay at the club and that’s not a great way to convince others to join (apparently the Albanian keeper is off to Brentford instead).

 

Or if he stays, it looks like he’s blocked Ronaldos request and will be left with Ronaldo sulking on the pitch undermining him as I can’t see Ronaldo simply accepting it, unless they are gonna blow some fat wads of cash to placate Ronaldo and then you really running the risk of further pogbas and sanchez’. 
 

he’s certainly facing an up hill battle in the start of his career at United.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they get Frenkie De Jong, Eriksen and a striker, I’m not sure who’s killin it in Europe, say Tammy Abraham then the first team is decent enough IMO, probably still a bit off City and us, but would look like a CL team.


4-3-3

De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Varane, Maguire, Shaw; De Jong, Eriksen, Bruno; Sancho, Rashford, Abraham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Sounds to me like they want to squeeze some kind of fee from the clubs sniffing around Ronaldo, all of whom probably only want him on a free.

No more to it than that, Ronaldo has done him a huge favour announcing he wants to leave. Now it's about a game of chicken (which they will lose).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

With Maguire in the side, opponents will always have a thermal exhaust port to aim for.

 

Like building a house on sand.

Hehe. He had a bad year but was good for them the year prior. I reckon they need a right back more. Wan-Bissaka is solid enough defensively but he is useless going forward, I’d look at bringing Lamptey or Livramento too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×