You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone’s Having a Real Laugh - How Long Until They ‘Bin Bag’ Ten Hag?

10 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I think Neville's got a point about the Glazers being poor owners, but mainly in so much as they seem unable to build a structure properly, like FSG did. You need the top appointments to be right. Only then will it trickle down. FSG got a fair bit wrong in the early days, but they recognised they didn't know football so looked far and wide for advice, and slowly the changes behind the scenes helped build the framework that Klopp is thriving in.

Utd are stuck in a cycle of heavy spending and ensuing disappointment, and they're looking to Darren Fletcher to be the answer. Them and Everton are as dysfunctional as any club I've seen, and it stems from owners with money in abundance, but little perspective. A touch of humility, and looking further afield for advice would help, but instead Utd draft in some old boys and pander to the gallery. It's glorious.

They are an absolute shambles off the pitch.

Even if you compare them to someone like Brighton and how they are run.

You can have the best manager in the world and a shit load of money.

If the structure isn't there, it's simply not going to work.

Long may it continue.

2 hours ago, Frank Dacey said:

TBH I thought Mourinho was that man, but he was past his best when he got there and then the board sided with the players and sacked him. Once that happens, you're on a slippery slope. Let's hope that it's very long and very slippy.

Didn't he get them 2nd a win a cup?

Mourinho should have taken over them after Ferguson retired but Moyes was the chosen one.  Chosen by someone who didn't want to be upstaged. He would have hated Mourinho coming in and winning the Champions League in his first or second season. 

They've kept him around and he's probably still getting paid a hefty wedge off the Glazers for sitting off in the stand and getting involved in loads of decisions that affect the club. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Mourinho should have taken over them after Ferguson retired but Moyes was the chosen one.  Chosen by someone who didn't want to be upstaged. He would have hated Mourinho coming in and winning the Champions League in his first or second season. 

They've kept him around and he's probably still getting paid a hefty wedge off the Glazers for sitting off in the stand and getting involved in loads of decisions that affect the club. 

He turned up the other week with Ronaldo and his agent.... I'm sure ten hag loved that 

They are truly fucked. 4bn to buy that shower of shit and get the owners out is never going to happen. Reason for such a high valuation is because of commercial success. Seems as though the fans have made a rod for their own back constantly bleating 'biggest club in da worl'. Fuck them and fuck their fans.

16 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

They are truly fucked. 4bn to buy that shower of shit and get the owners out is never going to happen. Reason for such a high valuation is because of commercial success. Seems as though the fans have made a rod for their own back constantly bleating 'biggest club in da worl'. Fuck them and fuck their fans.

Why's it never going to happen? 

Chelsea had tons of people queuing up

12 hours ago, Moo said:

If they want to terminate Ronaldo's contract it's because there's no one in for him.  There never has been, it's all been coming from Ronaldo's camp.

They wanted 17m for Ronaldo. He wanted a free. I'm sure I heard someone say athletico Madrid want him and will pay him, but only if he's free. Ronaldo is just making sure he gets what he wants. 

14 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Utd biggest problem is bringing in decent players now . De Jong case in point . They are still trying to shop at Waitrose instead of looking in Aldi for bargains. 

Privileged cunt fans won't accept that though.  My manc neighbour went on a rant yesterday (after I said I won't mention the football and then mentioned the football) about all the players they want to sign and the players they have.   He even came out with 'We're Man United' line, to which I kept quiet.  They don't get it at all. They have been superseded by other (richer) teams or well run & well managed teams.  

Until the majority of the fan base accepts their current status they are doomed. Apparently ETH is second favourite for the axe.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Pete said:

Privileged cunt fans won't accept that though.  My manc neighbour went on a rant yesterday (after I said I won't mention the football and then mentioned the football) about all the players they want to sign and the players they have.   He even came out with 'We're Man United' line, to which I kept quiet.  They don't get it at all. They have been superseded by other (richer) teams or well run & well managed teams.  

Until the majority of the fan base accepts their current status they are doomed. Apparently ETH is second favourite for the axe.  

ETH better know as Erik Ten Games. 

Their boycott of our game will be entertaining. A lot of their fans who have paid a lot and come a long way (many from abroad) to see them play their great rivals deciding to go in getting pelters from their rodent toxic mostly local fan base. A civil war between them. If they try and storm the ground, we will surely get 3 points, though you would be concerned about what might happen with our support in that type of environment. Having said that, the toxic atmosphere brought by their fans could make them worse on the day, so maybe better they are there.

They are a shambles in every way. The Glazers might be shit at making the right decisions but they have bankrolled them. In fact, nearly everything they wanted, they gave them. Managerial decisions and big name players.

Fact is, they had a generational manager (who nearly got sacked) who took full advantage of our decline in the 90s to build a dynasty. Now you have 2 oil nations, a very wealthy Chelsea, a well run Spurs and Arsenal getting their pride back....oh yeah forgot to say Liverpool with their own managerial great and a team of great players all ready to compete in the coming years. This isn't the 90s but they can't accept that sometimes you need to press the reset button to go forward. 

It's glorious.

12 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

They would go off their head if they signed Andy Robertson from Hull for £8m or Milner on a free.

Ferguson put all that into their heads ages ago saying they should be signing world superstars like the Spanish clubs do. Then bought Veron who ended up being shit.

I agree on the Robbo/Milner point but overall Ferguson didn't do badly in transfer market - yes there was a Veron, Anderson, Nani, Jones etc but there were definitely more successes. He also sold Ronaldo for massive money so that could offset some of the failures. 

Since then though, bloody hell - Fellaini, Di Maria, Shaw, Herrara, Blind, Falcao, Martial, Schneiderlin, Depay, Darmian, Pogba, Bailly, Mkhitaryan, Lukaku, Lindelof, Matic, Sanchez, Fred, Maguire, Fernandes, James, Wan-bissaka, Vande beek, Diallo, Telles, Sancho, Varane, Ronaldo, Martinez, Malacia......and I am sure I missed out many more. I am sure these lot cost more than 1.5bn....most likely more than that. Not including wages. 

Hand on heart - I cannot see Klopp buying ANY of those players. May be Fernandes or James at a push....may be.....

3 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

I agree on the Robbo/Milner point but overall Ferguson didn't do badly in transfer market - yes there was a Veron, Anderson, Nani, Jones etc but there were definitely more successes. He also sold Ronaldo for massive money so that could offset some of the failures. 

Since then though, bloody hell - Fellaini, Di Maria, Shaw, Herrara, Blind, Falcao, Martial, Schneiderlin, Depay, Darmian, Pogba, Bailly, Mkhitaryan, Lukaku, Lindelof, Matic, Sanchez, Fred, Maguire, Fernandes, James, Wan-bissaka, Vande beek, Diallo, Telles, Sancho, Varane, Ronaldo, Martinez, Malacia......and I am sure I missed out many more. I am sure these lot cost more than 1.5bn....most likely more than that. Not including wages. 

Hand on heart - I cannot see Klopp buying ANY of those players. May be Fernandes or James at a push....may be.....

Agree that he got the majority of his signings right but what I was referring to was around the time that they signed Veron he kept saying that they should be in the market for world superstars like Real Madrid and Barcelona. Simply because they were Manchester United and they think they are the biggest club in the world. 

Signing Veron in his prime from Lazio was seen as a major coup for them and the league in general as the Italian league was still seen as a desired destination for the world's top players but he ended up being a massive flop. 

17 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Their boycott of our game will be entertaining. A lot of their fans who have paid a lot and come a long way (many from abroad) to see them play their great rivals deciding to go in getting pelters from their rodent toxic mostly local fan base. A civil war between them. If they try and storm the ground, we will surely get 3 points, though you would be concerned about what might happen with our support in that type of environment. Having said that, the toxic atmosphere brought by their fans could make them worse on the day, so maybe better they are there.

They are a shambles in every way. The Glazers might be shit at making the right decisions but they have bankrolled them. In fact, nearly everything they wanted, they gave them. Managerial decisions and big name players.

Fact is, they had a generational manager (who nearly got sacked) who took full advantage of our decline in the 90s to build a dynasty. Now you have 2 oil nations, a very wealthy Chelsea, a well run Spurs and Arsenal getting their pride back....oh yeah forgot to say Liverpool with their own managerial great and a team of great players all ready to compete in the coming years. This isn't the 90s but they can't accept that sometimes you need to press the reset button to go forward. 

It's glorious.

Thats it. When they were winning titles they only really had Arsenal competing against them but Man Utd could easily outspend them. They even took their best player off them to win the league in 2013, like Bayern do to their rivals in Germany. 

Chelsea started to challenge them in 2004 and we barely challenged them in the league. 

Lots of other teams would bend over for them like Wolves and West Brom fielding weaker teams now teams want to have a go at them like Brighton and Brentford have done already this season. 

They always used to have about 5 or 6 ex man players managing shite teams who would bend over for them guaranteeing them points because they didn't want to upset "Sir Alex"

2 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Agree that he got the majority of his signings right but what I was referring to was around the time that they signed Veron he kept saying that they should be in the market for world superstars like Real Madrid and Barcelona. Simply because they were Manchester United and they think they are the biggest club in the world. 

Signing Veron in his prime from Lazio was seen as a major coup for them and the league in general as the Italian league was still seen as a desired destination for the world's top players but he ended up being a massive flop. 

Yes, agreed. Ferguson even said at the time that every time he bought players for big money they were a hit. I think he even blamed Keane at some point for Veron's failure. He certainly snapped at a reporter for asking a question about Veron in a press conference and I am pretty sure that reporter got banned too.

Despite saying bad things about Madrid, he definitely wanted to be like Barcelona and Madrid not just in terms of transfers but also success. He could not bully the european refs though so the success part never worked out. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

I think it's simpler than that. Their owners care of nothing but money. Providing they're doing alright, the club is doing alright - if they weren't getting their dividends or the club struggled to pay its debt, then it might be different. They have found a way with signing players with massive social media profiles, that they can fail as a football team, but be a financial success. It's much less risky than attempting sporting success. While they can still somehow carry on that trick, I don't think much will change. 

Interestingly when I was on holiday, I was in an area with very few British people. There were scattered shirts from different teams. But there were loads of 3 teams, psg, Liverpool and man United. Without exception the names on those shirts were mbappe, Salah and Ronaldo. It's a different world we live in now I think.