You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone’s Having a Real Laugh - How Long Until They ‘Bin Bag’ Ten Hag?

6 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Most obvious immediate fix for Utd is moving Martinez into a midfield two alongside Fred and bringing Varane and Bailly (assuming he's fit?) in at CB.

Improve the mobility and aggression in midfield, improve the pace and recovery in defence.

i think the easiest thing for them to do is invent a time machine and go back in time to when they weren't a complete fucking mess. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Most obvious immediate fix for Utd is moving Martinez into a midfield two alongside Fred and bringing Varane and Bailly (assuming he's fit?) in at CB.

Improve the mobility and aggression in midfield, improve the pace and recovery in defence.

Exactly, get a bit of pace in the defence. Not sure about Fred though he's shite. Why not Van Der Beek?

Just now, Jordy Brouwer said:

Not sure about Fred though he's shite. Why not Van Der Beek?

Mainly because he's played 15 minutes compared to Fred's 100 so Ten Hag obviously doesn't trust him at the moment (unless he's been injured), it's odd because he played 6, 8 and 10 at Ajax so it can't hurt to try.

None of the options are perfect so it's just the least imperfect option.

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

Thats it. When they were winning titles they only really had Arsenal competing against them but Man Utd could easily outspend them. They even took their best player off them to win the league in 2013, like Bayern do to their rivals in Germany. 

Chelsea started to challenge them in 2004 and we barely challenged them in the league. 

Lots of other teams would bend over for them like Wolves and West Brom fielding weaker teams now teams want to have a go at them like Brighton and Brentford have done already this season. 

They always used to have about 5 or 6 ex man players managing shite teams who would bend over for them guaranteeing them points because they didn't want to upset "Sir Alex"

They love the biggest club in the world shite but fact is Real are easily the biggest club in the world. Anyhow, the average fan abroad doesn't give a shit about history, they care about the present. That's why PSG, Cityand Chelsea mean something to football fans in the US or Korea. I guess fans in Ireland or Scandinavia are different, but the Shiekhs don't massively care about those markets and I suspect the Glazers don't either.

United are well behind us in prestige just like we were behind them for twenty odd years. I actually think they are fucked from top to bottom and so unwilling to accept that by looking for quick fixes (De Jong is the prime example - a very good player who isn't going to solve their whole midfield problems and doesn't want to even go there). Neville makes the problems worse and riles them up - I guess for the time being they can console themselves that City may pip us to the title. A joke of a fanbase.

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

See him for the third goal the other day? Absolute discraceful defending from a centrehalf.

If that was big Nat, the ball would've been headed clear and Ben Mee would still be in hospital.

2 hours ago, Carra_is_legend said:

I agree on the Robbo/Milner point but overall Ferguson didn't do badly in transfer market - yes there was a Veron, Anderson, Nani, Jones etc but there were definitely more successes. He also sold Ronaldo for massive money so that could offset some of the failures. 

Since then though, bloody hell - Fellaini, Di Maria, Shaw, Herrara, Blind, Falcao, Martial, Schneiderlin, Depay, Darmian, Pogba, Bailly, Mkhitaryan, Lukaku, Lindelof, Matic, Sanchez, Fred, Maguire, Fernandes, James, Wan-bissaka, Vande beek, Diallo, Telles, Sancho, Varane, Ronaldo, Martinez, Malacia......and I am sure I missed out many more. I am sure these lot cost more than 1.5bn....most likely more than that. Not including wages. 

Hand on heart - I cannot see Klopp buying ANY of those players. May be Fernandes or James at a push....may be.....

Er…James? Are ya sure ?!

I think he’d have made a good signing out of quite a few others, possibly Fred actually. Sancho probably too. There’s some great players in that list. Old Trafford is a place to crawl to and die these days. It’s all very sad.

15 minutes ago, Lario said:

See him for the third goal the other day? Absolute discraceful defending from a centrehalf.

If that was big Nat, the ball would've been headed clear and Ben Mee would still be in hospital.

Yeah it's a bit much to not only throw him into the team with little time to adapt but to throw him into a back 2 in a dysfunctional defence.

In a 3 at least you can compensate and shuffle him out wider instead of him just getting abused by taller players.

That's why I think giving him a Mascherano style role in the midfield would be a decent half way house for him. Takes the absolute defensive duties away for him and gives him license to be snapping into tackles further forward, if you want to move him further back down the line you still can.

4 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

There’s some great players in that list.

Yeah quite a few I'd have been happy with on the face of it prior to their moves to UTD and quite a few that would have thrived elsewhere.

Biggest problem with that list is it's clearly a collection of players put together by three or four managers with different styles of play.

50 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

They love the biggest club in the world shite but fact is Real are easily the biggest club in the world. Anyhow, the average fan abroad doesn't give a shit about history, they care about the present. That's why PSG, Cityand Chelsea mean something to football fans in the US or Korea. I guess fans in Ireland or Scandinavia are different, but the Shiekhs don't massively care about those markets and I suspect the Glazers don't either.

United are well behind us in prestige just like we were behind them for twenty odd years. I actually think they are fucked from top to bottom and so unwilling to accept that by looking for quick fixes (De Jong is the prime example - a very good player who isn't going to solve their whole midfield problems and doesn't want to even go there). Neville makes the problems worse and riles them up - I guess for the time being they can console themselves that City may pip us to the title. A joke of a fanbase.

I wonder if the press are making more drama of the de jong doesn't want to join them than there really is. Supposedly chelsea have matched that bid, yet the boy is still waiting for his pay off. If you take barca out of the equation, there's nothing wrong with buying a player who is better than all the others you have. i think their biggest issue on who they have tried to buy this summer is they seem unwilling to look further than anyone who Ten Hag has worked with or passed one day walking the dog. He clearly is in charge of transfers and it would appear has no trust in the players being offered to him by the recruitment team, otherwise the players they're chasing wouldn't just be fellas he knows. it feels all very brendan rodgers time here. it took klopp to sort all that shite out - I am not saying it is easy for them to do, but ultimately i think because of their money they are only one step away from it all changing. 

in the meantime i hope they can't find that man, sit back and enjoy the show. 

14 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I wonder if the press are making more drama of the de jong doesn't want to join them than there really is. Supposedly chelsea have matched that bid, yet the boy is still waiting for his pay off. If you take barca out of the equation, there's nothing wrong with buying a player who is better than all the others you have. i think their biggest issue on who they have tried to buy this summer is they seem unwilling to look further than anyone who Ten Hag has worked with or passed one day walking the dog. He clearly is in charge of transfers and it would appear has no trust in the players being offered to him by the recruitment team, otherwise the players they're chasing wouldn't just be fellas he knows. it feels all very brendan rodgers time here. it took klopp to sort all that shite out - I am not saying it is easy for them to do, but ultimately i think because of their money they are only one step away from it all changing. 

in the meantime i hope they can't find that man, sit back and enjoy the show. 

It's a lot more than one step, though. Even if they got a better manager (I reckon Pochettino or similar will be in there by the turn of the year), how good are their recruitment team? Analysts? Fitness coaches? 

I think we sometimes underestimate how brilliant our current operation is from top to bottom, notwithstanding some concerns about investment in players. I'd be pretty confident that they won't be able to replicate anything near it. 

Then you've the playing squad that will have to be completely rehauled, which will take a couple of years. Even a player like Sancho. At his stage, two dud seasons is pretty catastrophic for his development as a player. He might never reach his potential now. 

15 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

It's a lot more than one step, though. Even if they got a better manager (I reckon Pochettino or similar will be in there by the turn of the year), how good are their recruitment team? Analysts? Fitness coaches? 

I think we sometimes underestimate how brilliant our current operation is from top to bottom, notwithstanding some concerns about investment in players. I'd be pretty confident that they won't be able to replicate anything near it. 

Then you've the playing squad that will have to be completely rehauled, which will take a couple of years. Even a player like Sancho. At his stage, two dud seasons is pretty catastrophic for his development as a player. He might never reach his potential now. 

I think our set up was poor before klopp came in. Edwards was proposing lambert, balotelli and etoo to replace Suarez. Brought markovic and Moreno in the same window iirc. All of that would feel like the types of spending they do, unstructured signings and unsuited players. Klopp came in, was the grown up, got everyone working together and the rest is history. The key is they need someone who can do that. It's pretty unlikely pochetino would be that man, but they will find someone eventually. 

I think our fans underestimate just how crucial klopp has been in ensuring we seem well run top to bottom. And it could be everyone has grown enough and learnt from him that when he goes, we will continue to look like a well run company. Personally I dread the day he goes. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think our set up was poor before klopp came in. Edwards was proposing lambert, balotelli and etoo to replace Suarez. Brought markovic and Moreno in the same window iirc. All of that would feel like the types of spending they do, unstructured signings and unsuited players. Klopp came in, was the grown up, got everyone working together and the rest is history. The key is they need someone who can do that. It's pretty unlikely pochetino would be that man, but they will find someone eventually. 

I think our fans underestimate just how crucial klopp has been in ensuring we seem well run top to bottom. And it could be everyone has grown enough and learnt from him that when he goes, we will continue to look like a well run company. Personally I dread the day he goes. 

I don't think they do tbh.

Actual knowledgeable fans I'm talking about. Not the twitter fuckwits.

52 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Biggest problem with that list is it's clearly a collection of players put together by three or four managers with different styles of play.

And that is not going to change any time soon. What they really need (everyone’s favourite phrase) is a proven manager to be given time and to make sure as fans they remember just how bad they’ve been over the last few years before blaming the current manager for anything at all. About 6 months of basically having immunity from blame as the problems at the club run so deep blaming someone who’s been there for five minutes is nuts. No prizes for guessing what actually happens though.

Always wonder what Fergie thinks about the state of them these days.  We all laugh at him anointing Moyes as the Chosen one so he wouldn't be immediately superseded by his replacement but I bet the didn't think they'd regress to 1980's standards on and off the pitch.  

It's all rather amusing really. 

12 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't think what we're saying is a thousand miles apart. Of course Jurgen was the catalyst, but others including Edwards played a notable part too, whatever about his previous dealings. They won't be getting another Klopp - there isn't one. I can't see them getting near ourselves and Man City and probably Chelsea and Spurs for a good few years yet. Too much catch-up to do. All glorious, of course. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

Always wonder what Fergie thinks about the state of them these days.  We all laugh at him anointing Moyes as the Chosen one so he wouldn't be immediately superseded by his replacement but I bet the didn't think they'd regress to 1980's standards on and off the pitch.  

I genuinely think that he wouldn't have approved a manager who might have threatened his legacy or even improved upon the European side of things. 

Thick United fans finally realising what everyone else knew - that Ronaldo is a cunt who is only motivated by personal success and doesn't give a fuck about the club he plays for. They actually believed he loved the club and that's why he was coming back 'home'. He would ditch them and join City or Liverpool in a heartbeat if he could.

33 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I don't think what we're saying is a thousand miles apart. Of course Jurgen was the catalyst, but others including Edwards played a notable part too, whatever about his previous dealings. They won't be getting another Klopp - there isn't one. I can't see them getting near ourselves and Man City and probably Chelsea and Spurs for a good few years yet. Too much catch-up to do. All glorious, of course. 

Yeah, we probably are saying similar. I just think if we'd have hired say Moyes after Rodgers, I would bet very few people would be discussing the merits of Edwards now. Klopp created the environment for him to thrive (as he does with the players) and I expect ward to be percieved as successful as Edwards by the time klopp's 4 years are up. 

But they have a draw in world football that sits behind probably just the big 2 in Spain. Regardless of if we like that or not, that lustre exists and people want to be involved with them - just look at the players queueing up to sign for Barcelona currently. I think it's inevitable at some point there will be a a cross over between someone good wanting to fix that problem and them looking for a manager at the same time. The very best will always be interested. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I am sure he thinks the players are getting away with a lot. I am sure he cries at night looking at the state of them and comparing them with us.

What I would be very interested to know is what he really thought about the sacking of Mourinho. Yes Mourinho is, was and will be a cunt, but I think his sacking was the point United's hierarchy sided with the players. Yes I know its easier to sack 1 manager instead of 15 players but I truly believe that was the point the players realised that they can get away with murder and they are getting away with it until this minute. Which totally goes against Ferguson's 'manager's job should be the most powerful job at a football club'. He won't say anything against the club though as he is most likely on Glazer's payroll and enjoys hospitality champagne and 5 course meal before watching them shite try to kick a ball around.