You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone’s Having a Real Laugh - How Long Until They ‘Bin Bag’ Ten Hag?

3 hours ago, Moo said:

If they appoint the right manager they will be fine too, like we are now thanks to Klopp.  He's one in a million though so they might have to kiss a few more frogs until their prince comes along.

I see people keep saying this, and I wholeheartedly disagree. Their only saving grace will be when Klopp and Guardiola leaves, as the step up to the mantle may be considerably smaller by then.

Before Guardiola, City weren't the all-conquering machine they are now. With Klopp and Pep the level required to compete for the league is superhuman. As plenty have said on here over the last couple of weeks, their supporters are a huge issue in this. They simply won't tolerate being out of the league running in September/October, so there's no chance any manager gets the time required to establish a project.

I think many (except Rangnick - his heart surgery comment was pretty spot on) underestimate just how shit and ill-suited to progressive football most of their players are. There is absolutely zero chance of Utd reaching 80 pts with this current lot, and having them try to play the way ETH wants will actually make them even worse than what Solskjaer and Rangnick had them performing.

If they went back to a low block and tried to hit teams on the counter with their quick front players and a hard-working midfield, they might actually sneak in 5th or 6th place this year. This current experiment will have them at best 8th, and maybe as low as 15th before Ten Hag is done. If they want to play progressive football, playing out from the back and keeping a high line, they MUST get rid of half their squad.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Section_31 said:

The whole thing kind of makes you hate them even more doesn't it.

There's fans up and down the land and around the world who turn out to support their teams. Clubs that are shit, play shit, never will win shit. Yet still they go, and clap, and sing, families of them, for generations. There's probably only about 1% of footy clubs in the history of world football who'd be considered 'big'.

I doubt many clubs have had a bigger fall from grace than Liverpool. Decades of total dominance and then sides with Julian Dicks in. I still remember being in tears when Dalglish quit and spent most of my youth trying to avoid fucking Ryan Giggs merchandise on market stalls.

Years without a trophy, decades without a league win, yet not once did a plane with an embarrassing banner get flown overhead, not once was a member of club staff or player forced to fear for their safety in their own home.

This is what happens when you build your entire appeal on being something you've never been - the biggest club in the world. Fans who're petulant kids who only agreed to follow a club if they were guaranteed the quid pro quo of continuous success so they could take the piss out of other people in the office or classroom.

This wasn't part of the deal. Actually having to support a club through tough times wasn't part of the deal. And they're very, very pissed off.

They're anti-football fans. 

I do, always have, and always will. Hate the fucking mancs.

That's the thing, they were a big club in an era when football was supported differently. No televisions, less coverage, no social media. People went to the game but outside the stadiums didn't really have a voice.

Fast forward to the Ferguson and Sky generation and they sold their soul to anyone who would pay the most money. 

Our success comes from 3 or 4 managers spanning 2 decades, that's why we support our club more normally, like other fans do. They have a sense of entitlement because they can't fathom being shit sometimes and not winning sometimes. They spazz out and think this simply can't happen "we are man United"

Well cunts, your manager protected his legacy by appointing a man completely out of his depth in Moyes and now your shit. Suck it up, your owners have pumped in plenty of money but your own supporters and ex-players protested against managers and staff for 8 years, causing a growing unrest and adding to the toxicity we all enjoy at every game you play.

Gary Neville has literally fuelled this but he's too stupid to realise and won't shut his mouth. Long may it continue. 

Things can change pretty quickly if they somehow get a suitable manager with balls to kick these players. Someone like Ancelotti for example would make a few of these players shit in their shorts with just one raised eyebrow look. If they continue to spend the money they have been spending and get 2 or 3 transfer windows right, things will look entirely different.

It needs a massive personality though, someone who doesn't give a shit about 'we are United' emotion and starts to shake things up fundamentally and sends a few rockets up their arses.

• Upvote 1

There is way too much shite and hype etc attached to our games v these anyway....frankly could do without anymore adding....but it is going to be relentless all week in lead up to it - all the 'crisis' talk for them.....then all the inevitable fighting talk that will follow, whatever shite the fans want to start about protests and owners etc...

It will all add up to making an already ridiculously hyped game with way too much shite attached to it even worse.

14 minutes ago, Mil-ing Around said:

That's the thing, they were a big club in an era when football was supported differently. No televisions, less coverage, no social media. People went to the game but outside the stadiums didn't really have a voice.

Fast forward to the Ferguson and Sky generation and they sold their soul to anyone who would pay the most money. 

Our success comes from 3 or 4 managers spanning 2 decades, that's why we support our club more normally, like other fans do. They have a sense of entitlement because they can't fathom being shit sometimes and not winning sometimes. They spazz out and think this simply can't happen "we are man United"

Well cunts, your manager protected his legacy by appointing a man completely out of his depth in Moyes and now your shit. Suck it up, your owners have pumped in plenty of money but your own supporters and ex-players protested against managers and staff for 8 years, causing a growing unrest and adding to the toxicity we all enjoy at every game you play.

Gary Neville has literally fuelled this but he's too stupid to realise and won't shut his mouth. Long may it continue. 

They've only really had decent success under Ferguson and Busby haven't they? Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'm sure.out of their wins of the big 2, they've all been won by those two aside from 2 title wins

14 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

They've only really had decent success under Ferguson and Busby haven't they? Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'm sure.out of their wins of the big 2, they've all been won by those two aside from 2 title wins

Yep. They had just 2 First Division titles to their name from formation to Busby becoming manager around 46-47. He then won them 5 titles over his first spell as manager. He came back for a brief spell when Alf McGuiness was sacked after poor results.

They went through loads of managers after and even Ferguson was on the verge of being sacked after 7 years without a title. Fortunately for them, ferguson was a relatively young man when he took over so staying in situ the 25 years or so that he did was something Bob Paisley never could due to his older age.

23 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Yep. They had just 2 First Division titles to their name from formation to Busby becoming manager around 46-47. He then won them 5 titles over his first spell as manager. He came back for a brief spell when Alf McGuiness was sacked after poor results.

They went through loads of managers after and even Ferguson was on the verge of being sacked after 7 years without a title. Fortunately for them, ferguson was a relatively young man when he took over so staying in situ the 25 years or so that he did was something Bob Paisley never could due to his older age.

Wilf McGuinness wasn't it, mate... 

2 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Sky sports saying that United are considered terminating Ronaldos contract unless they see a change in attitude.

Let's hope they don't do it...as it would immediately improve them.

I hope he stays there bleeding them dry and destroying morale for at least rest of season.

2 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

Sky sports saying that United are considered terminating Ronaldos contract unless they see a change in attitude.

They're fucking mental..the bloke has been begging to leave for a month and all they've done is fought it. 

42 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Thought his carragher was good, his Keane is magnificent.

The souness one wasn't far off what he's just been saying after the Chelsea v spurs match. 

4 hours ago, Carra_is_legend said:

It needs a massive personality though, someone who doesn't give a shit about 'we are United' emotion and starts to shake things up fundamentally and sends a few rockets up their arses.

TBH I thought Mourinho was that man, but he was past his best when he got there and then the board sided with the players and sacked him. Once that happens, you're on a slippery slope. Let's hope that it's very long and very slippy.

5 minutes ago, Frank Dacey said:

TBH I thought Mourinho was that man, but he was past his best when he got there and then the board sided with the players and sacked him. Once that happens, you're on a slippery slope. Let's hope that it's very long and very slippy.

Mourinho is not the benchmark for anything these days though. His sacking shouldn't deter other managers in any shape or form.

He is nowhere near a big personality either, he likes to think himself he is....he certainly tries to show that with every club by picking a fight with a player. Pogba at United, Delle Alli at Spurs etc.

10 hours ago, Trumo said:

Carra was reluctant to speak out against the cancers whilst still a club employee. Neville didn't say anything against the Glazers whilst still a club employee. While I get that it rankles with the fans, I can understand that stance.

The difference is that you still feel that Carra did not like what our owners were doing and the direction the club was heading in, whereas with Neville you get the feeling he had no problems with the Glazers leveraging the club and taking millions out while the team were still winning things, still spending big on players and still being top dogs. The Glazers are still spending big but the big change is that the club are not top dogs any more, and it just does not compute with Neville.

It's not that United have not invested in the club and the team. They've spent an absolute fortune, it's just that they've pissed away the vast majority of it thanks largely to an attitude of "we're United, we'll do what we want". An attitude that Neville himself is guilty of stirring up. They are stuck with the mindset of the sun revolving around the earth.

But Carragher called Neville out for not speaking up. Neither of them did it and I follow your argument as to why they didn't but Carragher is out to lunch here. And whatever he might be "feeling" he never said. 

1 hour ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Mourinho is not the benchmark for anything these days though. His sacking shouldn't deter other managers in any shape or form.

He is nowhere near a big personality either, he likes to think himself he is....he certainly tries to show that with every club by picking a fight with a player. Pogba at United, Delle Alli at Spurs etc.

No doubting he was a great manager in the 00's and for a few years after but by the time he was at United he was a busted flush. That Spurs documentary on Amazon is mind-blowing. The players just didn't give a fuck about him even from his very first training session. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Section_31 said:

They're undoubtedly unscrupulous but they spent a billion quid and, to my knowledge, have never pulled the plug on a deal due to wages and/or transfer fee. I don't think I've ever even heard a former manager moan about his time there saying his hands were tied or whatever, or even moaned about interference from above. 

They bankrolled signings like Rooney and Ronaldo (unless my dates are out, which they may be).

Bottom line is the mancs stopped winning when Ferguson left, you can't blame the glazers for that.

Ferguson picked his heir apparent as a man who's only sporting achievement was a mural on a pub wall with imaginary cups. 

One suspects Ferguson did this on purpose because he actively wanted the era which followed his to be a failure, as he's got a personality not dissimilar to a footballing Donald Trump.

And Ferguson is of course, still there. Never a peep from him about the owners. 

Their fans are fucking wankers. Every Manc supporter I know gives it out when they win things and they never shut up about us not winning the league for years. Remember how dismissive they were of our 2001 treble?.

Now that they are shite they can't handle a bit of pisstaking. The ones I work with just refuse to discuss football with you because they aren't top dog and they can't lord it over you. They just go on about the Ferguson years and their "real treble". Just what they accused us of doing when we went on about out 70s and 80s teams. 

Also they are completely obsessed about us and sing about us at every match they play. They are are also a gang of horrible death mocking cunts/Hillsborough deniers who always call us murderers. Ironic given the fact that they actually murdered a Crystal Palace fan in 1995 and killed two Middlesbrough fans in the 70s by forcing their way into Ayresome Park. 

Enjoy their demise as much as possible because it couldn't happen to a bigger gang of twats. If we draw level or surpass their league title number it will hurt them so bad. That's why they don't mind as much being City's gimps right now. They might hate them but it is nowhere near the level hate they have for us.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

5 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Ive just watched that Redknapp/Neville thing- basically Neville is putting out an SOS to the Oil Barons- nothing less will do.

Neville, Terry Christian, the Gallaghers are typical mancs. Faux painting by numbers working class lads who are, in actual fact, the first to slag off cities like Liverpool and Liverpool people, slums, council house banter and all the rest of it. 

Gary Neville would scoop homeless people up with a JCB if he could build a hotel on their cardboard box, then tweet a meme about Boris Johnson. 

Fake working class uncle Tom manc cunts.

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Neville, Terry Christian, the Gallaghers are typical mancs. Faux painting by numbers working class lads who are, in actual fact, the first to slag off cities like Liverpool and Liverpool people, slums, council house banter and all the rest of it. 

Gary Neville would scoop homeless people up with a JCB if he could build a hotel on their cardboard box, then tweet a meme about Boris Johnson. 

Fake working class uncle Tom manc cunts.

Football 'banter' is one thing with the Gallagher brothers. 

6d94b9f867c85956cc51be3e632a211e.jpg

BlHkdj5IUAAunr-.jpg

• Upvote 2