You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone’s Having a Real Laugh - How Long Until They ‘Bin Bag’ Ten Hag?

27 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Now people have invoked the TLW curse and predicted us to twat them, we won't.

They are going to get shitty results for quite a while, its  mad to expect someone to go in and instantly they are great. It's great at the minute though.

If they set up like yesterday we *should* beat them, but you have to imagine will be looking for a reaction and up their game.

ETH will have to change approach to avoid a severe beating. I’m expecting a tougher game.

2 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

I always thought Carra did the absolute bare minimum to keep his local boy image with the fans. He said absolutely fuck all in the press.
Whereas Reina, for one, actually criticised the owners.

I don’t blame Carra and Gerrard, who was the same, for wanting to keep things in house, and maybe they didn’t really understand the criticality of the situation we were in. Supported? Not for me.

Sure Reina complained about them, but it didn't stop him using the situation to double his wages as the side was getting dismantled. 

I don't really know what "minimum to keep his local boy image" means. He either supported SoS or he didn't. And I know for sure he did, because he attended at least 2 events, maybe more I don't recall. He was never going to be complaining in the press every day. They all still had jobs to do. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Sure Reina complained about them, but it didn't stop him using the situation to double his wages as the side was getting dismantled. 

I don't really know what "minimum to keep his local boy image" means. He either supported SoS or he didn't. And I know for sure he did, because he attended at least 2 events, maybe more I don't recall. He was never going to be complaining in the press every day. They all still had jobs to do. 

Well, I don’t think he mentioned Hicks and Gillet in negative terms even once in the media, that’s what I mean by not supporting. 

But anyway I don’t blame him for not wanting to do that, because really you don’t want your players mouthing off in the press (maybe unless the actual future of the club is under threat?)

Still it all worked out well in the end with our beautiful new owners.  

7 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Well, I don’t think he mentioned Hicks and Gillet in negative terms even once in the media, that’s what I mean by not supporting. 

But anyway I don’t blame him for not wanting to do that, because really you don’t want your players mouthing off in the press (maybe unless the actual future of the club is under threat?)

If they appoint the right manager they will be fine too, like we are now thanks to Klopp.  He's one in a million though so they might have to kiss a few more frogs until their prince comes along.

12 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

I assume you're talking about Linda there. 

57 minutes ago, Shitty Arse said:

I really hope they play that new midget centre half against us next week. Would love to see Nunez up against him. I won’t feel entirely comfortable revelling in their misery until we take care of our own business against Palace and hopefully beat them again next week.

Its fucking glorious though isn’t it? I caught Ten Hag being interviewed after yesterdays match. He doesn’t seem to have much about him does he? Seems incredibly passive on the bench as well. They’ll need to give him a few months at least but then where do they go from there if no improvement? 

I thought just that watching the MOTD interview. Asked if the jobs bigger than he thought and his body language, demeanour and tone all screamed “yep, I can’t get this sorted” while his actual words didn’t even say no.

Only a matter of time.

as someone else said earlier, it would be a bit different if this was obviously depicted as a long term project. More like what Arteta was portraying last year with a very young average age of his teams and binning off Aubamayang etc. 

Anyone my age that isn’t enjoying this is a United fan.

55 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Of course the glazers are comparable to C&A. They both took millions out of the club, bought the club while loading the aquisitional debt on the club. The only difference is the glazers are better at it where c&a fucked themselves with their greed and ultimately got fucked by rising interest rates caused by the 2008 financial crisis, so couldn't refinance their debt. We have a lot to be thankful for with subprime. 

They're undoubtedly unscrupulous but they spent a billion quid and, to my knowledge, have never pulled the plug on a deal due to wages and/or transfer fee. I don't think I've ever even heard a former manager moan about his time there saying his hands were tied or whatever, or even moaned about interference from above. 

They bankrolled signings like Rooney and Ronaldo (unless my dates are out, which they may be).

Bottom line is the mancs stopped winning when Ferguson left, you can't blame the glazers for that.

Ferguson picked his heir apparent as a man who's only sporting achievement was a mural on a pub wall with imaginary cups. 

One suspects Ferguson did this on purpose because he actively wanted the era which followed his to be a failure, as he's got a personality not dissimilar to a footballing Donald Trump.

And Ferguson is of course, still there. Never a peep from him about the owners. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

They're undoubtedly unscrupulous but they spent a billion quid and, to my knowledge, have never pulled the plug on a deal due to wages and/or transfer fee. I don't think I've ever even heard a former manager moan about his time there saying his hands were tied or whatever, or even moaned about interference from above. 

They bankrolled signings like Rooney and Ronaldo (unless my dates are out, which they may be).

Bottom line is the mancs stopped winning when Ferguson left, you can't blame the glazers for that.

Ferguson picked his heir apparent as a man who's only sporting achievement was a mural on a pub wall with imaginary cups. 

One suspects Ferguson did this on purpose because he actively wanted the era which followed his to be a failure, as he's got a personality not dissimilar to a footballing Donald Trump.

And Ferguson is of course, still there. Never a peep from him about the owners. 

Mourinho complained about their lack of spending, which is why they didn't want Conte. 

They had a large chunk of years where Ferguson had no money to spend when they were refinancing the aquisitional debt almost yearly. 

And I agree they have spent too. They can afford to, because their clubs earns it. And they still take money out every year in both dividends and loan repayments to buy the club. So they could spend more. 

Their owners are absolutely the worst kind. Right there with C&A. The only thing I have an issue with was their fans didn't give a fuck when they had a manager who could make their failings invisible. Since they haven't had one of them, they've all started crying like big giant babies. All the things wrong with their owners have been there for all to see since day 1. It's only when they stopped winning did their fans turn. But then it took hodgson to get our fans to turn on C&A, because prior to that, those who wanted them out was very much a minority group. 

I think Neville's got a point about the Glazers being poor owners, but mainly in so much as they seem unable to build a structure properly, like FSG did. You need the top appointments to be right. Only then will it trickle down. FSG got a fair bit wrong in the early days, but they recognised they didn't know football so looked far and wide for advice, and slowly the changes behind the scenes helped build the framework that Klopp is thriving in.

Utd are stuck in a cycle of heavy spending and ensuing disappointment, and they're looking to Darren Fletcher to be the answer. Them and Everton are as dysfunctional as any club I've seen, and it stems from owners with money in abundance, but little perspective. A touch of humility, and looking further afield for advice would help, but instead Utd draft in some old boys and pander to the gallery. It's glorious.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I think Neville's got a point about the Glazers being poor owners, but mainly in so much as they seem unable to build a structure properly, like FSG did. You need the top appointments to be right. Only then will it trickle down. FSG got a fair bit wrong in the early days, but they recognised they didn't know football so looked far and wide for advice, and slowly the changes behind the scenes helped build the framework that Klopp is thriving in.

Utd are stuck in a cycle of heavy spending and ensuing disappointment, and they're looking to Darren Fletcher to be the answer. Them and Everton are as dysfunctional as any club I've seen, and it stems from owners with money in abundance, but little perspective. A touch of humility, and looking further afield for advice would help, but instead Utd draft in some old boys and pander to the gallery. It's glorious.

Totally agree. Glazers are bad owners just like C&A were and to some extent FSG also. As you said it's just that FSG have put in some structure and mainly thanks to Klopp they have got away with it. Problem with United is, as I said in the other group, they want the best of everything - the chip they have on their shoulder called 'this is Manchester United'.

E.g. they had to go and stop Ronaldo from joining City - why? Because 'we are Manchester United'.....stupid cunts didn't need Ronaldo at that point but they couldn't help themselves, they had to cry to whiskey nose to convince Ronaldo to come 'home' as if the rapist gives a flying fuck about them.

49 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Thank you Rock of Gibraltar is all I can say.

They've made a proper horse's collar of everything since.

Not least because of Baconface anointing Moyes as his favoured successor, knowing that he was never going to upstage him and take the shine off what he had done and achieved. For as long as he was there, he never laid out a structure that would continue that success for the club, that would be a legacy of continued success. 

This is very different to what we hear and see what Klopp and the whole club is doing, for when he eventually goes. As little as possible will change, so that handover of managerial duties is as seamless as possible, following a prescribed, well thought out succession plan for the benefit of the club, not to put the achievements of the manager on a pedestal. That succession plan will be his legacy as much as any trophies we win under his leadership.

Every managerial change they've had has been a 'make it up as they go along' roll of a dice. We know how that's turned out. Long may it last.

53 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

Not least because of Baconface anointing Moyes as his favoured successor, knowing that he was never going to upstage him and take the shine off what he had done and achieved. For as long as he was there, he never laid out a structure that would continue that success for the club, that would be a legacy of continued success. 

This is very different to what we hear and see what Klopp and the whole club is doing, for when he eventually goes. As little as possible will change, so that handover of managerial duties is as seamless as possible, following a prescribed, well thought out succession plan for the benefit of the club, not to put the achievements of the manager on a pedestal. That succession plan will be his legacy as much as any trophies we win under his leadership.

Every managerial change they've had has been a 'make it up as they go along' roll of a dice. We know how that's turned out. Long may it last.

Very good points as to when Klopp eventually leaves in 2036 hahaha , but do you think we will appoint from within? 

1 hour ago, Chocoholic said:

I don't think now is the time to congratulate ourselves on how well we're going to replace klopp, because we don't know what will happen when he goes, we haven't replaced him yet. When Ferguson was 4 years from leaving Manchester United, I don't think too many mancs were too worried about where they'd end up when he was gone, because to a man they wouldn't and couldn't see the end coming. There certainly weren't too many dissenting voices about their owners, because Ferguson was able to mask what an absolute shit show it was. 

Let's enjoy their ruination. And in the mean time hope and pray before 2026 we can find a way to persuade klopp to stay a bit longer. 

29 minutes ago, alles ist gut said:

Sky reporting that ten Hag has ordered the squad in for punishment training this afternoon. That’s sure to improve morale.

And wont make them a better team. 

They are obviously not doing what the manager wants them to do, making them do extra physical training isn't going to make them understand any better. Unless of course Ten Hag has a found a revolutionary new way to teach. Cant get to grips with algebra? No problem, go for a 5 mile run, lift some weights and do some yoga and we'll try again.