You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone’s Having a Real Laugh - How Long Until They ‘Bin Bag’ Ten Hag?

8 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Is Gary Neville suggesting Man U throw money and overpay for players who don't want to play for them? 

He'd never suggest such a thing!

Strange take from Neville.

If players don't want to go there it's because they're in a mess due to them being spoilt whingers who chop and change managers, and protest when they don't get their own way. The atmosphere there is poisonous.

"Sing when you're winning" was made for them.

6 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I would suggest he is saying why the fuck are we in for a player only Brentford want, can't they afford better. 

And they can afford better, this is not on the Glazers really, they were paying Pogba a shit load, De Gea is on circa £400k, and let's not forget Ronaldo.

Players aren't turning them down because they won't pony up the dollar, they're swerving them because they're in a shit state and it remains to be seen if the new manager is capable of turning them around.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

And they can afford better, this is not on the Glazers really, they were paying Pogba a shit load, De Gea is on circa £400k, and let's not forget Ronaldo.

Players aren't turning them down because they won't pony up the dollar, they're swerving them because they're in a shit state and it remains to be seen if the new manager is capable of turning them around.

Terrible shame for them though. Breaks your heart. 
Really does. 

23 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Indeed a successful Premier League needs a competitive Man Utd.

Or some bollocks.

Seems to be doing ok without them at the moment.  

The fact he’s trying to sign either Ajax players who played for him, or players who’ve played for Ajax before his time, would have me very worried if I was a Manc. It suggests a lack of imagination and being wedded to the Ajax style of playing. This may or may not work out in English football.

• Upvote 2

Rat boy making out it’s just about spending a bit more money despite them outspending everyone else over the last 6 years. It’s far less palatable to admit they are in a spiral of decay that looks like it’s not stopping any time soon.

5 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Rat boy making out it’s just about spending a bit more money despite them outspending everyone else over the last 6 years. It’s far less palatable to admit they are in a spiral of decay that looks like it’s not stopping any time soon.

Agreed. At least with us we knew we’d hit rock bottom and took the opportunity to change and try different things with varying levels of success.  

The club and the fans seem blind to this.  

7 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

The fact he’s trying to sign either Ajax players who played for him, or players who’ve played for Ajax before his time, would have me very worried if I was a Manc. It suggests a lack of imagination and being wedded to the Ajax style of playing. This may or may not work out in English football.

Top priority is cleaning up that dressing room, and he needs people in there that he can trust, even if they aren't going to play much - think Houllier if that helps.

20 hours ago, Pete said:

I'd stay at Brentford away from the shit show that is Manchester United PLC. 

The dividends have nothing to do with this signing. 

There are endless stats on how well previous managers have been backed, it’s that they’ve wasted the money. 

What would saving another £11m bring to the table? Not much I guess. 

Not saying the Glazers are good owners, they are clearly opportunistic vultures, the fact they are struggling to beat off Palace and Brentford to players far more deeper than their dividends.  

10 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

What's funny is van gaal hates them and seemingly tells every Dutch player what a shambles they are. Imagine daley blind and depay join in as well