You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rivalries - Real Madrid

I think we're now in the midst of a giant rivalry between two clubs with a combined 54 league trophies and 20 European Cups (not all european trophies, just Big Ears).  

The 14 v 6 in EC's is a cunts hair from being 12 v 8 due to the lost finals to these. 

I'm sick of these now, the mix of lavish wealth, friendly refs and luck is nauseating, I don't want these in the final, I want these over two legs.  

I thought some of our supporters were still a bit too nice, in awe of the white shirts and the names when we faced them.  No more.  These cunts are our direct rivals, these cunts have done us twice under Klopp, and we measure our success against them, not United, or City or anyone else.

We build a team to beat them. 

That's why I'm annoyed at the suggestion of Henderson playing 6 to cover Fabinho, no, we need class.  These cunts outplayed our midfield and then beat us to signing a better midfielder this summer.  They aren't interested in slotting Kroos in to cover Casemiro, we have to aim higher to beat these mings.  

City can fuck off, they're decades off a proper rivalry with us. 

• Downvote 1

When I was younger they were my favourite Spanish team, mainly because of John Toshack and some of the players they had, always disliked Barcelona.

Now knowing the background to the club and the way they act cunts especially about transfers I can't stand them.

Their supporters are shite as well, they sit there expecting to be entertained like they are at the theatre then spit their dummies out if they don't win everything every year. They also have a load of utter twats who support them on Twatter from Africa, the USA and India. You can tell none of them have a clue about footy and only support them because they win things and then they can try to wind other people up.

Some bellend YouTuber was on a podcast with Liverpool and Man City fans. He was from Miami and clearly had no clue about footy and just kept going on about how great Real Madrid play in finals and saying "14 Champions leagues bro"

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

When I was younger they were my favourite Spanish team, mainly because of John Toshack and some of the players they had, always disliked Barcelona.

Now knowing the background to the club and the way they act cunts especially about transfers I can't stand them.

Their supporters are shite as well, they sit there expecting to be entertained like they are at the theatre then spit their dummies out if they don't win everything every year. They also have a load of utter twats who support them on Twatter from Africa, the USA and India. You can tell none of them have a clue about footy and only support them because they win things and then they can try to wind other people up.

Some bellend YouTuber was on a podcast with Liverpool and Man City fans. He was from Miami and clearly had no clue about footy and just kept going on about how great Real Madrid play in finals and saying "14 Champions leagues bro"

As a kid, I always preferred Barcelona, as I thought their kit was cooler. Nowadays, I couldn’t care less about either club.

44 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

As a kid, I always preferred Barcelona, as I thought their kit was cooler. Nowadays, I couldn’t care less about either club.

I always associated Barcelona with the Mancs as they weren't as successful as Madrid but always used to tell everyone how big a club they were. I also thought it was hilarious they way Milan utterly twatted them in the 1994 CL Final when all their players had been telling everyone how great they were and Milan were a shadow of their team between 1988-1991. 

I did the Barcelona stadium tour a few years back and the clubs arrogance comes across as they make out they invented the game. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I'm sick of these now, the mix of lavish wealth, friendly refs and luck is nauseating, I don't want these in the final, I want these over two legs. 

I agree with the overall sentiment. And it is reinforced by the fact that even when we played them over two legs last year, they still knocked us out. True, we were missing a couple key players but we hardly laid a glove on them in both legs. It was a really meek exit.

While Liverpool do have a love affair with the European Cup, Real Madrid are the legitimate husband.

They’ve a bit of an Indian sign over us. We didn’t perform anywhere near our best in the two recent European Cup finals against them, notwithstanding Salah’s injury. We badly need to beat them next season, though I’d rather play them in the quarters or semis as I think we’d do better over two legs. 

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

I always associated Barcelona with the Mancs as they weren't as successful as Madrid but always used to tell everyone how big a club they were. I also thought it was hilarious they way Milan utterly twatted them in the 1994 CL Final when all their players had been telling everyone how great they were and Milan were a shadow of their team between 1988-1991. 

I did the Barcelona stadium tour a few years back and the clubs arrogance comes across as they make out they invented the game. 

I did the Nou Camp tour in 1993. To be honest, I can’t remember much about it, I just recall loving the fact that Liverpool had four times as many European Cups as them.

I just loved, and still love, the look of Barcelona’s 1980s Meyba kits. Bollocks to them as a club, though.

0786072F-BF6A-4EE1-A52E-B5AF486D317C.jpeg

D121FEE6-AED7-4287-A7DD-DF0729F11473.jpeg

3 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I couldn’t care less about Real Madrid.

Yeah me neither, don't consider them rivals at all. 

As far as rivals go it begins and ends with the red mancs for me, everything else is white noise.

"The mancs, the mancs, the mancs". Douglas MacArthur.

"If we choose to hate the mancs we do so not because it is easy but because it is hard." JFK.

Not much of a rivalry as they pulled out pants down in two finals now and knocked us out the CL the season before last. 

I honestly can't believe we played that bad in the CL final and basically shit the bed against them. 

After getting over the disappointment and taking a step back it is honestly one of the worst performances of the season from us. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Not much of a rivalry as they pulled out pants down in two finals now and knocked us out the CL the season before last. 

I honestly can't believe we played that bad in the CL final and basically shit the bed against them. 

After getting over the disappointment and taking a step back it is honestly one of the worst performances of the season from us. 

Yep we've bent over twice for them, quite bizarre.

3 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

I think their were mitigating circumstances. I'm not sure anyone's mind was on the game, players included. 

• Upvote 1

The fixation with Madrid and Barcelona should be in the shit things about football thread.

They're spoken about like they fucking invented football, yet exist in a monopoly where nobody can compete, and even if they do for one season they get dismantled and thrown over the old firm's shoulder. Inspiring stuff.

The fact Madrid parked the bus against us and won plaudits for doing so, yet if we did it we'd be slagged off by the Spanish press for ruining a beautiful spectacle and gatecrashing their righteous win sums up the whole fucking cabal.

I know there will be exceptions, but virtually everyone from England who coos about both clubs is a bellend who doesn't really like football and thinks the game is about having only the best players and battering everyone five nil week in and week out. 

I love watching us play scintillating footy and battering someone as much as the next man, but I also enjoyed a sneaky Spud goal against a far superior Mancs side and shutting up shop too.

A Barca or Madrid fan would turn Rocky off after 15 minutes.

• Upvote 1