You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the Week that Was (Jun 13-17 2022)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg

Monday Jun 13:

Apparently Richarlison is off to Spurs, meaning the three biggest cunts in the entire league will all be playing in the same forward line. The Blues are basically selling him for the same amount they bought him for from Watford, which just highlights how fucking woeful they are at transfers. I also can’t help but laugh at the thought of them all singing for Spurs a few years back ahead of the Champions League Final, only to know lose their best player to them. And now “Richy lad” is posting pictures on Insta of him wearing a San Antonio Spurs jersey. Life sure comes at you fast when you’re an Evertonian.

As for us, still no Nunez deal but it’s edging closer and he’s had a medical today so unless there’s a Fekir style incident he’ll be unveiled tomorrow probably. We are also close to signing the kid from Aberdeen, but the price has gone up now apparently (probably because Aberdeen have been reading twitter and think we’re the new Man City). He must be really good because we don’t really need him. Gomez is a capable back up for Trent and we also have Connor Bradley, who is the same age as this Scottish kid. So we wouldn’t be signing him unless he’s boss.

Meanwhile, I don’t follow Curtis Woodhouse on twitter but for some reason loads of his stuff pops up on my timeline. The last day or so has been some top notch trolling of United fans, who are going fucking nuts about it. What's he said? Well it all started with a reply to a tweet asking “when you hear the term over-rated who do you think of”. Woodhouse said “Paul Scholes” and triggered United twitter in a big way. He could have left it at that, but the more United fans went after him, the more he started talking about Gerrard and how he was miles better than Scholes....

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 09.42.33.pngScreen Shot 2022-06-13 at 09.42.17.pngScreen Shot 2022-06-13 at 09.42.00.pngScreen Shot 2022-06-13 at 09.41.14.pngScreen Shot 2022-06-13 at 09.40.15.png

Every word he said was true and what makes it even better is he isn’t even a Liverpool fan. I’ve said this before but I’ll repeat myself because I like saying it. Paul Scholes was a very good player who nobody outside of United gave much of a fuck about, until out of absolutely nowhere Xavi said he was the best player he ever came up against, and suddenly people started talking him up to make themselves sound more knowledgeable. *strokes chin* “Oh Paul Scholes was definitely the best English midfielder of his generation, it’s just that not everyone is knowledgeable enough about the game to see the incredible things he did”.

Yeah, no cunt saw it while he was actually playing. Funny that isn’t it? The myth of Scholes has grown year on year since he retired and it’s all because of people who know nothing trying to make themselves look like some kind of wise football sage. Paul Scholes was never, at any time in his career, one of the top three players at his own fucking club, let alone anything else. There, I feel better having got that off my chest.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that 'the Week that Was' is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £3 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 1

• dave u pinned this topic

One of my favourite sportsmen is Curtis Woodhouse. Not many guys could have a decent football career and then, in their 30's, turn to boxing and become a British champ.

He also has a similar level of disdain for internet trolls that I do. After a boxing defeat he got called a disgrace and worse by some nonentity on twitter, tried to laugh it off but the guy wouldn't let it drop. Curtis put a £1000 bounty on twitter for the wanker's real identity and address then when this worked he jumped in his car and live-streamed his journey to front up the guy. When the guy realised he was serious and on his way he started backtracking and apologising on twitter before he fled through the crowd that had started forming outside the house and hid until Woodhouse left the area.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 13

Woodhouse is a decent poster when It comes to

footy and he just won’t have it that Ryan Giggs was that good either. He’s had the Mancs on strings with Scholes and Giggs for years yet they still Keep coming at him.

shame he’s a terrible flag shagger and loves the queen 

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic