You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Goodbye Mane

Kevin D

10 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

There's no way he's with or was ever with Reddy. That's gotta be nonsense.

His first goal away vs. Bayern is my favourite. Controls a Virgil long ball perfectly while he's turned sideways, he see's Neuer off his line, spins the other way and chips it with his left from 16 yards out. 

Such an unorthodox, but awesome goal. One of the best things about him was how weird and unique some of his movements where. Definitely not a cookie cutter academy footballer.

One of my favourite Sadio moments. 

2elS5Vc.gif

• Upvote 2

S                  A                      D                     I                      O

M                 A                                N                         E

Y                           N                                   W                      A

On 18/06/2022 at 08:13, Kevin D said:

The goal he scored against Everton was so enjoyable and there’s a guy with glasses on in the travelling gap celebrating that is tattooed on my brain. He’s so happy.

I had him as my twitter photo for a while. The leg. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks Sadio, for the wonderful memories, and for being such a special human being. The world is better for having you in it, & thanks for playing your part in bringing back the best of success to Liverpool Football Club. You will be missed.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Red Shift said:

Thanks Sadio, for the wonderful memories, and for being such a special human being. The world is better for having you in it, & thanks for playing your part in bringing back the best of success to Liverpool Football Club. You will be missed.

It's an incredible strike, it really is

One game that sticks out. The champions league qualifier against Hoffenheim. A fucking huge game at the time and Sadio was absolutely electric. He absolutely roasted their right back all game. Think I said on here at the time that he could be the first African to win the ballon d’or, which was obviously wrong as George Weah had already won it. The greatest compliment to Sadio is he’s definitely in the discussion as our greatest number 10. 

My favourite Sadio Mane goal:

gZXVkG.gif54fff64f5685348df92ba414c931a5066171ebe8

Watching the best right back in world football looking over his shoulder, seeing exactly where Sadio is, then doing absolutely nothing about it, cheers me.

‘He also had a special parting message for the Reds fans: “Whoever leaves Liverpool, with those supporters, I think you will always miss them because they are so far the best in the world, and I always said it. Especially my name – “Mane, running down the wing…” – I don’t know, I can’t sing it, but anyway!’

Like the man himself, the bit about Mo’s song seems to have gone under the radar from his goodbye interview. If it was tongue-in-cheek, it’s absolutely superb. If it’s sincere, it’s endearing. He’s always been both. Good luck Sadio. Klopp said he wanted people who’d be up for pushing the train that summer and he couldn’t have picked a better man to help get us moving like an express.

Modern-day club legend.

• Upvote 2