You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PL 2022/23 Fixture Congestion

Anubis

It might work out quite well for us overall though.

We have a number of players that won't play in the world cup including Salah, Diaz, Matip and Robertson. We also have players that will go and probably not play much in Trent and Thiago. 

Also we can now cope as well as anyone with multiple fixtures.

2 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

It might work out quite well for us overall though.

We have a number of players that won't play in the world cup including Salah, Diaz, Matip and Robertson. We also have players that will go and probably not play much in Trent and Thiago. 

Also we can now cope as well as anyone with multiple fixtures.

This is pretty much my take on it too. I can’t be arsed looking down the squad of cunts that make up Man Citys squad as even reading their cunting names makes me feel fucking sick but I’m pretty sure most of them will be regular starters for their countries.

There will be 5 subs in PL games next season but, the season is going to be one totally screwed up with the World Cup squeezed in late November to December, not to mention the exertions put on players in the last couple of seasons, in my very humble opinion.

Players are going to be asked to perform in a World Cup in intolerable conditions. I fear for players welfare and health in those conditions and that's before you factor in all the CL and domestic cup games.

I gather there will only be 3 international games played prior to the Qatar WC but no doubt FIFA and UEFA will make up the shortfall from January to the end of the season.

Personally, I think the WC mid season will fuck up the PL. I wouldnt be surprised to see an unfancied team who arent in Europe, get knocked out of the domestic cups early and have few international players or ones who will not be at the WC, making a serious challenge for the title. Even city may suffer.

Theoretically, we should be in a good position with our squad which has been the strongest we've had in years. But with Origi gone, Mane, Ox, Taki, Gomez sold and maybe Kelleher being loaned, the reality might be very different.

In fact, Ive pretty much resigned myself to it being unlikely we'll win the title in what would be a very challenging season.

Don't think Ox or Gomez will leave this summer. Even with the departures I think we've got the numbers in the squad to cope with the ridiculous schedule. We don't have the quality in depth that City have, but no one does, really.

I wonder if this is why we were looking for a young midfielder who can cover defensive midfield as well as centre mid. Both Fabinho and Henderson pick up knocks and will be expecting to play a lot in the World Cup. Could definitely do with some cover there, ideally someone that is better than Hendo in that role.

With 2 more additions I think we should be able to manage as I can only see Alisson, Virg, Fab, Thiago, Taki, Jota & Nunez starting the games. Taki will have most likely gone by then and Thiago might not start all Spain games.

These will travel: Konate, Trent (might even start a game or two), Hendo, Bobby. 

These players will get a lot of rest: Matip, Gomez, Robbo, Tsimikas, Keita, Milner, Salah, Diaz 

I really hope Gomez discovers his title winning season form. Massive season coming up for Elliot & Jones too.  If these players come into serious contention we will be ok even with the nonsense of WC - might even gain some advantage due to rest for some of our crucial players.

3 hours ago, Carra_is_legend said:

With 2 more additions I think we should be able to manage as I can only see Alisson, Virg, Fab, Thiago, Taki, Jota & Nunez starting the games. Taki will have most likely gone by then and Thiago might not start all Spain games.

These will travel: Konate, Trent (might even start a game or two), Hendo, Bobby. 

These players will get a lot of rest: Matip, Gomez, Robbo, Tsimikas, Keita, Milner, Salah, Diaz 

I really hope Gomez discovers his title winning season form. Massive season coming up for Elliot & Jones too.  If these players come into serious contention we will be ok even with the nonsense of WC - might even gain some advantage due to rest for some of our crucial players.

I believe Thiago only rarely starts for Spain. (Thankfully.) Would love to see Fabinho get dropped by Brazil as well.

19 hours ago, House of Dirk said:

3 games in September suggests that they are still having cunting international breaks.

Yep England have got Italy and Germany late September. 

4 games most international teams will have played after this week. Right at the end of the season. No wonder players are injured left right and centre. 

What this world cup needs is for every fan of every country to boycott it completely. 

Don't go, don't watch it on TV and completely ignore it in any form.

Everybody moans like fuck about FIFA, but almost no one will do any of the above so they'll get away with it.

The only way to resist this kind of shit is completely ignore. Just like UEFA suddenly giving a shit about what happened in Paris once it turned out sponsors were involved, they only way FIFA would never pull shit like this world cup is if everyone blanked it as the sponsors would kick off. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3