You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the Week that Was (Jun 6-10 2022)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg

Monday Jun 6:

New deal for Milner. He’s taken a pay cut and agreed a one year deal. He says the parade influenced his decision to stay and you know that’s not bullshit either. There’s that clip on Hendo’s insta where Milner says to him “mate, what am I fucking seeing? Wow!”. Just a shame Sadio and Mo weren’t suitably moved. Milner is the last of a dying breed though. Well, maybe Hendo too. He’s like Milner-Lite.

On the subject of our Egyptian King though, not great developments this past weekend regarding him. Apparently he played for Egypt despite being injured and having refused LFC’s request for him to have a scan. Now he’s missing their next game because of it. Lots of Reds are unhappy about it and I get that. I’m not particularly arsed because Mo’s international situation isn’t the same as, say, Virgil’s or Fabinho’s. He carries the weight of an entire nation and there’s huge pressure on him to play. 

If the injury wasn’t that bad and he though he could play through it, whatever. He’s done it enough times for us over the years. This is only really an issue because of the contract. I agree it isn’t a good look and it appears that his relationship with the club is becoming strained, but I don’t think this is a big deal and I’ve got more important things to be mad at him for than this.

Meanwhile, Trent is getting ‘slammed’ (© every click bait website in the land) for not singing the National Anthem. This is a bit unfair because when you watch the video his lips are moving a little. He’s not giving it the full chest out Captain Brexit Stuart Pearce routine, but there is movement of the lips. Granted, he’s probably booing or singing YNWA, but they can’t prove that so this criticism seems harsh.

Funny thing is, someone on Twitter dug out an old clip from years ago of Gary Neville standing there, lips firmly closed, defiantly not singing. There have been loads of players down the years that haven’t sung, but flag shagging has become a national obsession in recent years (taken to whole new levels this past weekend with the jubilee and people waving at a fucking hologram of the queen). I hope Trent sticks to his guns and doesn’t sing next time too. 

The highlight of the last few days though was an Everton fan site running a news piece on Sigurdsson being allowed to leave on a free and somehow managing to completely avoid the David Unsworth sized elephant in the room…. 

Screen Shot 2022-06-11 at 11.47.48.png

I mean that’s some serious North Korean style shit right there. Staying with the Blues though and that despicable piece of shit Richarlison got in a bit of a disagreement with Vinicius Jr in training with Brazil. This shocked me to be honest. The biggest Liverpool hater in football not seeing eye to eye with the lad who just scored the goal to beat us in a European Cup Final? What the hell could have brought that on? Maybe Vinicius Jr didn’t appreciate him trying to suck him off for an instagram post to impress the Blues.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that 'the Week that Was' is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £3 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• dave u pinned this topic

Just a note on the Richarlison/Vinicius Jr incident - somebody posted the video of it online and it looks more like a ribbing of him for doing something wrong in training. It looks like somebody took a couple of stills and made out there was a fight when it wasn’t a fight. 

He’s still a moody, big nosed, diving cunt like.

• Upvote 1

They've definitely deleted the footage deliberately. Even a tiny business with any IT systems would have some type of automatic backup schedule and a policy in place for storing several copies of the data in different locations. There is probably a legal requirement to do so so they're lying about no footage existing or someone has actually made backup data go missing.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Anubis said:

Just a note on the Richarlison/Vinicius Jr incident - somebody posted the video of it online and it looks more like a ribbing of him for doing something wrong in training. It looks like somebody took a couple of stills and made out there was a fight when it wasn’t a fight. 

He’s still a moody, big nosed, diving cunt like.

I know, that's why I toned it down and said 'bit of a disagreement'. You should have seen what I wrote initially before I saw the video! Mind you, loads of websites ran with the 'fight' story even though it was no such thing. 

It looks like Richarlison tried to get out of his forfeit, which was being smacked on his stupid head. They came after him and all started slapping him.

4 hours ago, dave u said:

See! That's exactly what I'm talking about and I hadn't even seen that one.

It ticks every box though doesn't it!

City fans seem to be the worst these days. All over my twitter feed because they are constantly mentioning Liverpool players in every post about their club. Sign Haaland? ‘VVD is running scared  bruv’ etc. 

Now it’s ‘Haaland vs Nunez’ because one thing versus another thing is the only thing their brains can compute. And £50 million? Fuck off.

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic