Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
luxury_scruff

2022 / 2023 Fixtures

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

The same for them, no? Except Arse who are in EL....

Don't know if they have all rest of theirs against the best sides like that....they might have fulham, bournemouth et al.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, an tha said:

Don't know if they have all rest of theirs against the best sides like that....they might have fulham, bournemouth et al.

 I meant City, Chelsea and Spurs will also have midweek CL games before they play us. But need to check their other fixtures. Might have them easy the cunts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/06/2022 at 17:34, luxury_scruff said:

Saw this,  the first 6 games? Hmmm...

 

x3u56f7.jpg


Having difficulty processing someone posting something to the internet that turned out to be fake. 
 

What’s the world coming to?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

 I meant City, Chelsea and Spurs will also have midweek CL games before they play us. But need to check their other fixtures. Might have them easy the cunts.

Oh aye yeah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

 

May

28: Southampton (a)

We can call him Saint Jurgen when he lifts the title at Southampton's ground. 

 

You know, Saint Jurgen? Saint? The old magic title number 20? A person who is recognised as having an exceptional degree of holiness, likeness, or closeness to God? Like the commonly used Southampton nickname The Saints? Saint Jurgen?

 

2B217973-269F-44EF-9300-22934AD4D777.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shit fixtures. Just how the fuck do we get stuffed with starting the season away from home and finish away from home? I suppose we'll end up with a few Saturday 12:30 kick offs after a midweek away CL fixture or, laughable international 'break' from January. As you were.

 

One thing the last couple of seasons has taught us is, you cannot go into the last game of the season hoping for city to drop points for us to win it. Next season is literally going to be a season of two halves.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Years ago a fixture between Liverpool and Utd would never be scheduled as the third game of the season, shows how far they've fallen.

I thought it was early too. Never known a United game be any earlier than mid September. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It just gets fucking better, doesnt it? Never mind the Saturday 12:30 kick offs after an international break or away midweek CL tie, we've been scheduled to play city, chelsea, arsenal and spurs immediately after a midweek CL game.

 

Yes, you can say but all those clubs face us after one of their midweek European games. That's not the point. How many of them will face each other after a midweek CL or EL game ie city face us, chelsea, spurs and arsenal rather than some other time in the season?

 

united havent got a single game against last season's top 6 immediately following their EL games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Years ago a fixture between Liverpool and Utd would never be scheduled as the third game of the season, shows how far they've fallen.

I thought the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Years ago a fixture between Liverpool and Utd would never be scheduled as the third game of the season, shows how far they've fallen.

It happened in 2013, when they were reigning champions no less.

 

There’s a lot of over analysis with the fixtures, we play everyone twice and that’s it. Over 38 games there’s enough chance for things to be evened out in various stages and for good/bad runs to be put together. How exactly can a fixture list ever work where everyone at every club is happy with the order?

 

The fixtures didn’t win City the league last year and nor did they relegate Norwich, both sides finished where they deserved over 38 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Original202 said:

It happened in 2013, when they were reigning champions no less.

 

There’s a lot of over analysis with the fixtures, we play everyone twice and that’s it. Over 38 games there’s enough chance for things to be evened out in various stages and for good/bad runs to be put together. How exactly can a fixture list ever work where everyone at every club is happy with the order?

 

The fixtures didn’t win City the league last year and nor did they relegate Norwich, both sides finished where they deserved over 38 games.

The season after Ferguson retired. 

 

I get what you say, but I still think there was some manipulation of the fixtures as they didn't want big games and potential early gaps forming if they fell behind.

 

Bit tin foil hat I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Original202 said:

The fixtures didn’t win City the league last year and nor did they relegate Norwich, both sides finished where they deserved over 38 games.

I know what you mean, but the order that these fixtures play out can potentially decide who wins the league. We've had it go down to a single point twice in recent years, if just one of our games that we dropped points was on a different date then it could have changed everything. So I think it is massively important. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/06/2022 at 10:07, Carra_is_legend said:

The same for them, no? Except Arse who are in EL....

No, because we have to play each of them after each of our European aways. Each of those other clubs would all have to play each other after all their European away fixtures to be in the same position as us ie Chelsea would have to play us, Spurs, city and arsenal, Spurs would have to play us, chelsea, city, arsenal etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When will the TV schedules be announced? I'm worried about the Salford game because if it's switched to the Sunday (21st August) I am supposed to be going to a 100th birthday bash that day. Fucking tricky to get out of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tokyojoe said:

When will the TV schedules be announced? I'm worried about the Salford game because if it's switched to the Sunday (21st August) I am supposed to be going to a 100th birthday bash that day. Fucking tricky to get out of that.

Do you reckon you'll get a telegram from the Queen? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tokyojoe said:

When will the TV schedules be announced? I'm worried about the Salford game because if it's switched to the Sunday (21st August) I am supposed to be going to a 100th birthday bash that day. Fucking tricky to get out of that.

Here’s hoping the party’s called off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×