You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

Seems to have missed a fair bit of time with knee injuries – 3 months out with an injury that required surgery at the end of 20-21, and a few more before he came to Europe. Just putting this out there in case the Liverpool physios were unaware and might be reading this – file it along with the info that NV thinks he's a useless donkey who really should be shot rather than signed.

1 minute ago, sh#t waffle said:

Seems to have missed a fair bit of time with knee injuries – 3 months out with an injury that required surgery at the end of 20-21, and a few more before he came to Europe. Just putting this out there in case the Liverpool physios were unaware and might be reading this – file it along with the info that NV thinks he's a useless donkey who really should be shot rather than signed.

Nice one, cheers. Meeting someone for a few lunchtime pints now but if I remember I'll ask this Nunez kid about his knee when I'm doing the medical later in the afternoon. Should be fine though. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

I have just watched the Bayern game @aRdja put up and the defending was almost the best bit. He was legging it back to basically left back and chucking in some crazy tackles. 

That workrate is very impressive  , no doubt him and Diaz will cause all kinds of havoc , but I'd love to know who's actually going to put the ball in the net assuming sadio goes and no-one sends Mo his boots back from the afcon.

Imagine him getting on the end of all those whipped in TAA/Robertson crosses and scoring with his knee/thigh/foot/beautifully coiffured head, when we’d normally have most of our forwards hanging around the edge of the penalty area when those crosses come in. 

I think we’ll have to change our style a bit to get the best out of him but he’d also bring a totally different dimension to the team and variation to the kind of goals we’d be able to score, without being a lazy, static target man like past forwards we’ve had like Carroll, Benteke and Steven Caulker.

19 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Nice one, cheers. Meeting someone for a few lunchtime pints now but if I remember I'll ask this Nunez kid about his knee when I'm doing the medical later in the afternoon. Should be fine though. 

Cool – just make sure you have no fewer than 2 pints but no more than 4 – conducting a medical is very much like playing pool.

• Upvote 1

Man, I actually thought our interest was a bluff.

I'm agnostic on the player. I like him in ways but it's difficult not to also be a bit weary with him. He's not technically great. 

If I could guess, I think the reason we like him so much is that he's in the same vein of versatile forward we like, in that he can play on the left and middle, but he's got the proper number 9 finishing ability and physicality. He's 2 players in 1. 

I think this would be pretty risky, but what the hell, we're good at transfers.

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Man, I actually thought our interest was a bluff.

I'm agnostic on the player. I like him in ways but it's difficult not to also be a bit weary with him. He's not technically great. 

If I could guess, I think the reason we like him so much is that he's in the same vein of versatile forward we like, in that he can play on the left and middle, but he's got the proper number 9 finishing ability and physicality. He's 2 players in 1. 

I think this would be pretty risky, but what the hell, we're good at transfers.

He really is God you know.

42 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

It’s been so long since we had a #properNo9 that I might throw ardja a mercy wank if we don’t get this guy. I just hope he has soft hands.

He's not really a proper 9. If you look at the spaces he occupies, it's mostly on the left.