You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

173 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

1 hour ago, dave u said:

Me after the first leg in the match report:

He’s really highly rated but I wasn’t overly impressed. He took the goal well but I think my judgement of him is clouded by the constant diving and the dreadful fucking haircut. His record is impressive and we’ve apparently been scouting him, so watch this space I suppose. I do love a good Uruguayan striker so if he sorts the hair out then maybe I could get on board with it, but as of now it’s a hard pass from me.

Me after the second leg in the match report:

“Benfica had another goal disallowed late on when Nunez finished well again but was clearly offside. Good player him, despite the appalling haircut.”

Me now:

Spend £85m on him, he's gonna be amazing.

I love the way you, of all people can make a judgement on someone, just on their haircut alone.............. 

I'm all in on nunez, but he'll definitely be shit if it doesn't happen. 

If he has ambitions to play for Barce or Madrid and if his agent has ambitions to get two big money transfers out of him he’ll move to Liverpool. United will ruin him. Hopefully his ambition to play for one of the best teams in the world features highly on that list of priorities.

20 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

I love the way you, of all people can make a judgement on someone, just on their haircut alone.............. 

I'm all in on nunez, but he'll definitely be shit if it doesn't happen. 

His hair has lots of potential and in some of the clips it's impressive. Against us it was appalling. He looked like he was wearing a hair net.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

So, although I’m fairly cold on the transfer, something I’ve noticed is that he plays a lot from the left and I assume he’d be asked to play centrally in our three. He’s also young as shit, so can develop. 

NV slowly moonwalking away from his Andy Carroll comp!

• Upvote 2

He looked really dangerous at Anfield, but a lot of that was down to our defensive shape being far from watertight that night. Based on how his game is being described, there are a lot of similarities between him and Erling Haaland. Clinical finishers, pose an aerial threat, hugely effective in transitional play, not massively involved in defending from the front, and with question marks over their technical ability in tight spaces and against packed defences.

21 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Heat maps and xG stats are great, but I'd really like to know if Nunez uses separate shampoo and conditioner before we commit to a bid. 

He'll be Head & Shoulders above the rest. As he's so young, he'll be our dandruff diamond that we can shape and he'll be the best we've Vosene.

1 minute ago, Trumo said:

He looked really dangerous at Anfield, but a lot of that was down to our defensive shape being far from watertight that night. Based on how his game is being described, there are a lot of similarities between him and Erling Haaland. Clinical finishers, pose an aerial threat, hugely effective in transitional play, not massively involved in defending from the front, and with question marks over their technical ability in tight spaces and against packed defences.

I have just watched the Bayern game @aRdja put up and the defending was almost the best bit. He was legging it back to basically left back and chucking in some crazy tackles. 

2 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Let’s fucking do it. 

• Upvote 1

Wayyy too much. I get it, Benfica know he'd sell for that amount if not more after playing in the Premier League, so they want silly money. But we are not going to pay Premiership money for a player in the Portuguese league. Or at least, we shouldn't. The problem is those idiots at Athletico Madrid went and paid an insane amount for Felix and now Benfica want a similar amount for another one of their star players.

I didn't want Salah because he was premier league reject. I didn't want Sadio because he was a Bolaise wannabe. I didn't want Alison because Karius was about to come good and I didn't want Virgil because I seen him strolling around the pitch at Kilmarnock. Nunez can get fucked too. One season wonder.

• Upvote 1