You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

171 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

4 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

If this motherfucker doesn't lean on something soon I'm not getting his name tattooed on my chest. I fucking mean it. 

Why on the chest?

I’m getting one that says Dez. 

When he scores, it will say Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro. 

• Upvote 4

£75m (minus the trophy/goal bonuses, which you'd imagine we'll be happy to pay) and £7m/season wages is actually very reasonable, on a 6-year deal.

Comes to £12.5m/season amortisation of the fee, and £7m/season in wages takes it to a total player cost of £19.5m/season. If you add in the trophy and goal bonuses it's a total of £21.2m/season.

Our most expensive player ever was Virgil at £25m/season total cost, and for comparison Alisson was £18.5/season. So Nunez isn't cheap, but it's not exactly insane, either. The fact that it's 6 years helps a lot, and also means that the overall commitment to him is higher (as is risk) in case he doesn't pan out or has a major injury.

Of course the media only reports fees and not total player cost, so it'll look to the less-informed as if he costs similar to Haaland, but in reality it's probably closer to half of Haaland's total cost/season.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, an tha said:

To hide the scars from his 27 knee ops.....

Is this why he's being given the 27 shirt too? *taps nose*

Who will get Mane shirt?

14 hours ago, sh#t waffle said:

He's taken Divock's number. He's got some balls, I'll give him that...

13 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

590b245f-d6d4-44c2-a916-3605c7bff8b9_tex

Let me tell ya a couple of three things: Forget Coutinho, forget Zeljko Buvac who goes over to Liverpool and never comes back, forget Nat Phillips.

Jurgen Klopp has no respect for this thing. He's never been involved in transfers, not really. Here's a guy who stepped over Pep Lijnders to grab the big seat, his best mate.

I'm embarrassed. I let him come to the football writers awards last Christmas, and I took his fat, fuckin' hand in friendship.

Listen to me, they sign anybody and everybody over there. And the way they do it, it's all fucked up.

Guys don't lean on things, there's negative net spend.

No, Alb, either it has meaning or no meaning. And the Keita thing, the man harbors an injury prone shithouse.

Five fuckin' clubs and we got this other pygmy thing over at Anfield...

• Upvote 1