You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

173 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

4 minutes ago, m0e said:

Or is there now room for Elliott, Jones and Carvalho to step into that?

It is a gamble and one nobody knows if will come off.

Personally i remain unconvinced by Jones....Elliott is of course finding way back from a massive blow with that injury and is of course still a baby and Carvalho we don't know yet.

My gut feel is maybe in 2/3 years time these lads will be totally ready, and will be top players - but maybe a touch short for now.

I'd be happier seeing them be able to develop steadily without needing to be relied on heavily, but with the fragility fitness wise in our midfiled including the first back up Keita himself they are likely to be thrust in and of course only time will tell.

Just now, an tha said:

It is a gamble and one nobody knows if will come off.

Personally i remain unconvinced by Jones....Elliott is of course finding way back from a massive blow with that injury and is of course still a baby and Carvalho we don't know yet.

I'd be happier seeing them be able to develop steadily without needing to be relied on heavily, but with the fragility fitness wise in our midfiled including the first back up Keita himself they are likely to be thrust in and of course only time will tell.

I think Klopp rates Jones highly and will give him opportunities.

That's probably why it makes sense to keep Keita unless a superstar comes along like that Monaco lad.

8 minutes ago, m0e said:

I think Klopp rates Jones highly and will give him opportunities.

That's probably why it makes sense to keep Keita unless a superstar comes along like that Monaco lad.

He does appear to rate him...i can see the talent is there - i am just unsure the attitude and the brains are.

Also just not sure central midfield is where he is most effective.

This season is probably a big one for him i think we will know a lot more about whether he is going to make it here or not by end of it.

I look at someone like Mount at Chelsea who is a couple of years older and he has about 3 years of doing it at top level under his belt now....

20 minutes ago, an tha said:

He does appear to rate him...i can see the talent is there - i am just unsure the attitude and the brains are.

Also just not sure central midfield is where he is most effective.

This season is probably a big one for him i think we will know a lot more about whether he is going to make it here or not by end of it.

I look at someone like Mount at Chelsea who is a couple of years older and he has about 3 years of doing it at top level under his belt now....

I thought it was interesting that his England U21 manager said pretty much the same as Klopp - but rather worrying that he felt he still had to say it quite a few months after Klopp said it. He should have responded a bit better by now.

Klopp last January: '

“I had a long talk last week with Curtis, ­because I love the boy and I love the potential he has. But we have to now really make the next steps and make sure that he fulfils the potential he has on the pitch. You have these kinds of conversations when you are not 100 percent happy with the moment. He’s young, very young, but from what I see his ­potential is just incredible. So we have to find a way to show that much more often. That’s where we are in Curtis’s development."

Lee Carsley  this week: ''It's important to me that Curtis doesn't play within himself. He's got to be the best player every day, every game. 

I think he can score more, I think he can assist more. When he gets in front of goal, he's got that quality. He needs to show it on a regular basis, consistently, for us. You'd like to have this conversation at the end of the camp where you're swooning about him, saying "what a player". I still think he's building his reputation with the Under 21s in that respect.' 

8 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

I thought it was interesting that his England U21 manager said pretty much the same as Klopp - but rather worrying that he felt he still had to say it quite a few months after Klopp said it. He should have responded a bit better by now.

Klopp last January: '

“I had a long talk last week with Curtis, ­because I love the boy and I love the potential he has. But we have to now really make the next steps and make sure that he fulfils the potential he has on the pitch. You have these kinds of conversations when you are not 100 percent happy with the moment. He’s young, very young, but from what I see his ­potential is just incredible. So we have to find a way to show that much more often. That’s where we are in Curtis’s development."

Lee Carsley  this week: ''It's important to me that Curtis doesn't play within himself. He's got to be the best player every day, every game. 

I think he can score more, I think he can assist more. When he gets in front of goal, he's got that quality. He needs to show it on a regular basis, consistently, for us. You'd like to have this conversation at the end of the camp where you're swooning about him, saying "what a player". I still think he's building his reputation with the Under 21s in that respect.' 

If he rates him that’s good enough for me as he’s a genius, same goes for Klopp

Along with his song, what number is he going to wear? 

I think we can all agree, the excitement for Diaz grew when we read he was getting 23.

This is what he’s worn in the past…

51199BE6-3AD0-423A-A912-5A18715662AC.png

Assume he has no chance of 9 or 11. Suppose he could have Mane’s vacant 10 shirt.

The other numbers are those bestowing our record signing. 

I’m going for 18. Minamino would will on his way and he’ll channel Michael Owen in his first couple of seasons. 

10 minutes ago, dave u said:

They can't give him number nine even if Bobby offered it, as it would ruin the song.

Although maybe not...

Our number ten, give him the ball and he will score again.

Stand down, panic over.

Alternatively, replace the first three words with 'Off the bench,...'

9 minutes ago, dave u said:

They can't give him number nine even if Bobby offered it, as it would ruin the song.

Although maybe not...

Stand down, panic over.

11 - "take us to heaven"

8 - "he is great"

2 - "It's what he do (yeah, that's not great)"

3 - "He's not the Darwin that invented evolutionary biology"

24 - "he will score"

39 - "like a fish he loves brine"

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

I was bored of the constant Trent/James debate every time one of them scored/assisted or made a mistake, the same asinine debate between Haaland and Nunez will be a refreshing change.

The Decline of the Faeces.

39 minutes ago, dave u said:

Although maybe not...

Stand down, panic over.

Well it's no Bon Jovi