You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

171 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

1 hour ago, Tj hooker said:

Great time to get him in only 22 and will only get better under Klopp  .

Klopp will mould him into a proper striker of that I have no doubt 

He’s 23 later this month, but he is 22 until he turns 23.

1 hour ago, joe_fishfish said:

€100m is a fucking ridiculous fee, never thought we'd go anywhere near that high.

Even worse, I'm hearing that Nat Phillips may have to be sold to help balance the books.

Benfica are probably happy to let us spread the transfer fee over his contract and that’s why we’re happy to meet their asking price.

2 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I'm not sold on Nunez.

He's had one good season. 

20 of his 28 league goals were against the utter shite of the division, including pens. 

Very streaky scoring record, go check the Benfica wiki page for last season. 

This shows in detail where he played, who he scored against and where they were in league.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/darwin-nunez/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/546543/wettbewerb/PO1/saison/2021

This covers all comps....

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/darwin-nunez/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/546543/plus/0?saison=2021&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

#GlazersOut is trending hahahaha they've lost their heads he's a fucking legend already 

Just had a quick look on RedCafe. Over the last few days they’ve all been saying he’s shit based on a two minute YouTube compilation showing how crap his first touch is. Now that we’re interested/signing him he’s good all of a sudden. 

I am personally standing by the YouTube vid. He’s shite. 

13 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Well we are one of the best teams in the world, if someone manages to have a good game against us then it's more than fair that we get a bit dazzled, because it doesn't happen too often. 

And I don't think there's any higher praise than the big man himself watching you play first hand and deciding he wants you in his team ASAP. 

Doesn't VVD's praise strike you as... convenient? Seems like this deal has been underway a while now. 

1 hour ago, MegadriveMan said:

At the very least he will be an improvement on Origi.

I still think we need one more forward if both Mane and Minamino leave though.

I'm not so sure, I think it might be seen as:

Out:

Mane

Minamino

Origi

In:

Diaz

Nunez

Carvalho

38 minutes ago, an tha said:

Like I said, mostly against the dross of the league.  

He didn't score many against the top 3 (Porto, Braga, Sporting). 

I'm going to be gutted if we get him at the expense of not getting Bowen, but like I say, I'm wondering if Salah goes this summer and then we get Bowen. A change in the dynamic of the front three where the 9 is designed to score more than the 10 and 11 either side. 

Diaz

Nunez

Bowen

Firmino

Jota

Carvalho

4 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I'm not so sure, I think it might be seen as:

Out:

Mane

Minamino

Origi

In:

Diaz

Nunez

Carvalho

Still like a player who can cover the right hand side (and ideally can play all across the 3) especially if we play 4 upfront more often but if we have to play Diaz or Elliott on the right to cover for Salah I'm not going to complain too much.

2 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

€100m is a fucking ridiculous fee, never thought we'd go anywhere near that high.

Coronation Street Blog: Through the Corrie Keyhole of No 1 – who would live  in a house like this?

...Then there's the price of a pint - 20 pence! Twenty bloody pence!! Pack of fags - twenty-two pence! Watneys Party 4 - eighty-sodding-five pence!!! I just don't understand it...

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

I saw a bit of him play vs The United States and can't say I'm all too excited about this. 

Which bit of him played? The philtrum? The left nipple? You'd be best advised to reserve judgment until you see the whole thing in action. Houllier passed on Ronaldo after scouting a game in which only his nose got a run-out and a quick dribble.

10 minutes ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Upgrade? On the second favourite to win the ballon d’or. Silly twat.

Yeah, that's utter nonsense. It's fine to be excited about Nunez, but it's silly to denigrate Sadio Mane's legacy. They're not even similar footballers. 

As countless others have said, it looks like we'll have a different attacking approach next season. 

It's also great how Manchester United are a beaten docket to top-level young footballers now. They've little or no memory of their dominance. 

I'm not arsed about Mane and Salah frankly now.

Mane and Salah's peak has pretty much gone or is soon to be gone.

Last thing LFC need is to be stuck with two out of contract largely past their best players next year.

Mane and Salah have won every major honour it is possible to win at LFC......I dare say if Mane goes to Bayern he will of course win the German league - a league where there is little to no competition for that title.

He is probably less likely to get much success in the european cup and find himself in 3 finals in 5 years again like he has over last 5 years here....he might do, but its a 50/50 job at best.

He's been a great servant for LFC, but the time is right to go IMO.....Diaz was brought in and Mane was shifted into middle of the front 3 as a result (effectively to his credit) we now have a chance to evolve the attack further - i'd rather we have another 30m or so in the pot to help do it than try and squueze another top drawer year out of Mane.

Always look to improve when you are at or near the top...that is exactly what we will be doing.

Salah probably has 1 more year left where he will still be at a high, high level (albeit it not as high as he has been at) so if we get that and then he leaves its ok IMO.

The exciting, younger hungrier players who will come in are the future - just like Salah and Mane were 5/6 years ago when they came in.....

The future is bright for - especially with our brilliant manager extending his contract to oversee the evolution.

I trust him and his staff and the club to get this all right and for us to kick on.

• Upvote 2